British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   1st post and i need as much help as possible (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/1st-post-i-need-much-help-possible-316463/)

Graham Ian Barrett Jul 27th 2005 8:54 pm

1st post and i need as much help as possible

Hi everybody :D :D

Me and my wife are thinking about moving to Oz to improve our life and i`m looking for as much help as possible.The migration site is a bit daunting first off so i was wondering did you use a migration company or did you do it yourself.

I`m sorry if you get loads of these requests as i`m new here,if you have any links available please pass them on to me :D Also could you do me a list showing me what i need to do in numbered order ( we looking to apply as a skilled workers )

Thanks again

Ian,Angharad and Kelsey xxx

Anne4Terry Jul 27th 2005 8:57 pm

Re: 1st post and i need as much help as possible

Originally Posted by Graham Ian Barrett

Me and my wife are thinking about moving to Oz to improve our life and i`m looking for as much help as possible.The migration site is a bit daunting first off so i was wondering did you use a migration company or did you do it yourself.

I`m sorry if you get loads of these requests as i`m new here,if you have any links available please pass them on to me :D Also could you do me a list showing me what i need to do in numbered order ( we looking to apply as a skilled workers )

Thanks again

Hi :) Welcome to the forum. We used an agent. You need to get your skills recognised by the TRA first before you can put in an application to DIMIA. You can find loads on information on the immigration forum and if you do a search at the top of the page. Most people on here are very friendly and will give you loads of pointers. Good luck with everything :)

Perthforme Jul 27th 2005 9:12 pm

Thanks again

As Anne said sort your Tra first http://www.workplace.gov.au/workplac...itiatives/TRA/

Then down load booklet 6 from the main web site http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/books6.htm

I have done it all my self and think its quite straight forward if your case is straight forward . Tra went through ok visa should get answer on that soonish

Good luck

Anne4Terry Jul 27th 2005 9:16 pm

Thanks again

It's also tradition to give karma to the first person to help you. Just click the blue box on the left under my post! Ha ha ha ha :D LOL :D

marco121068 Jul 27th 2005 9:20 pm

It won't necessarily be the TRA you need to get your skills assessed by. It depends on what your occupation is. Go to the DIMIA website www.immi.gov.au and take a look at the SOL (Skilled Occupation List) to find what body needs to assess your occupation.

Check out Booklet 6 first to make sure you qualify for the visa you intend on applying for.

Graham Ian Barrett Jul 27th 2005 9:23 pm

Originally Posted by Anne4Terry
Hi :) Welcome to the forum. We used an agent. You need to get your skills recognised by the TRA first before you can put in an application to DIMIA. You can find loads on information on the immigration forum and if you do a search at the top of the page. Most people on here are very friendly and will give you loads of pointers. Good luck with everything :)

Thanks for the help,do you know how long if accepted the TRA lasts for

Graham Ian Barrett Jul 27th 2005 9:25 pm

Originally Posted by Perthforme
As Anne said sort your Tra first http://www.workplace.gov.au/workplac...itiatives/TRA/

Then down load booklet 6 from the main web site http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/books6.htm

I have done it all my self and think its quite straight forward if your case is straight forward . Tra went through ok visa should get answer on that soonish

Good luck

Thanks for the help,if you think of any more let us know :D

Perthforme Jul 27th 2005 9:25 pm

Pretty sure TRA doesn't run out

Graham Ian Barrett Jul 27th 2005 9:25 pm

Originally Posted by marco121068
It won't necessarily be the TRA you need to get your skills assessed by. It depends on what your occupation is. Go to the DIMIA website www.immi.gov.au and take a look at the SOL (Skilled Occupation List) to find what body needs to assess your occupation.

Check out Booklet 6 first to make sure you qualify for the visa you intend on applying for.

Cheers :beer:

Anne4Terry Jul 27th 2005 9:26 pm

I don't know, sorry. What trade are you in and whereabouts do you live?

Graham Ian Barrett Jul 27th 2005 9:29 pm

Karma all round :D :D

Perthforme Jul 27th 2005 9:31 pm

Karma all round :D :D

Karma from you will be useless until you have done about 50 posts and have some k your self so sent you your 1st lot enjoy.

Graham Ian Barrett Jul 27th 2005 9:32 pm

Originally Posted by Anne4Terry
I don't know, sorry. What trade are you in and whereabouts do you live?

I`m a engineer and my wife is a road safety officer ( which includes going into schools and teaching 4-6 years old on road safety )

Graham Ian Barrett Jul 27th 2005 9:34 pm

I`m a engineer and my wife is a road safety officer ( which includes going into schools and teaching 4-6 years old on road safety )

Oops i forgot to add i`m from sunny Wales :D :D

Anne4Terry Jul 27th 2005 9:41 pm

Oops i forgot to add i`m from sunny Wales :D :D

What is the weather doing? My 12 year old son is camping in the Brecon Beacons with the scouts all week and they were meant to be going caving today or tomorrow :( Must admit I am about worried about him :(