Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

The 1st Melbourne Meet Up

The 1st Melbourne Meet Up

Old Oct 5th 2003, 8:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Jaykay has a spectacular aura aboutJaykay has a spectacular aura aboutJaykay has a spectacular aura about
Default The 1st Melbourne Meet Up

Okay, after reading Wolfen's post this morning, I thought that I may as well put my hand up and volunteer myself to organise the 1st Melbourne Meet up.

Needs to be somewhere pretty central, although I see alot of people have settled on the east side of Melbourne.

How would people feel about meeting somewhere like Waverley? It's pretty central to most areas, or perhaps people would like a day out at the beach? We could meet somewhere along the coast, say Mt Martha area, or further up towards Brighton?

I thought that perhaps the last weekend of October would be a good date. I know there's people arriving late October, so we could include them.

Let me know if you're free and I'll start doing some digging around for good pubs (with kids facilities).

Regards
Old Oct 5th 2003, 9:02 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Hi J.
We probably won't be arriving till about the 2nd of November, so we will miss the first one, but hopefully a few others should be over by then. See you at the next one!
Heather and all xxx
Old Oct 5th 2003, 9:14 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Count me out of the first one, but we're coming down to Melbourne 2nd-7th March for the Grand Prix (and the honeymoon!) so if theres one then i might make it!
Old Oct 5th 2003, 10:15 am
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

Originally posted by Pollyana
Count me out of the first one, but we're coming down to Melbourne 2nd-7th March for the Grand Prix (and the honeymoon!) so if theres one then i might make it!
The wife and I might be up for on in January
Old Oct 5th 2003, 5:16 pm
Forum Regular

Location: From Port Talbot, South Wales to Ascot Vale, Melbourne
jonah66 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: The 1st Melbourne Meet Up

Originally posted by Jaykay
Okay, after reading Wolfen's post this morning, I thought that I may as well put my hand up and volunteer myself to organise the 1st Melbourne Meet up.

I thought that perhaps the last weekend of October would be a good date. I know there's people arriving late October, so we could include them.

Let me know if you're free and I'll start doing some digging around for good pubs (with kids facilities).

Regards
Hi Jaykay

We will miss the 1st meet as we r not getting there until 17th Nov. But keep us informed & we'll definately make it 2 the next.

Regards

Ian
Old Oct 5th 2003, 6:11 pm

sewak is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: The 1st Melbourne Meet Up

Originally posted by jonah66
Hi Jaykay

We will miss the 1st meet as we r not getting there until 17th Nov. But keep us informed & we'll definately make it 2 the next.

Regards

Ian

Hi Jay Kay

We will not arrive until Dec/mid Jan but would love to meet up if there is another one

sewak
Old Oct 5th 2003, 7:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jolyn is an unknown quantity at this point

Hiya Jaykay,

We'll be there! October ends on a Friday so we could make the 1st or 2nd of November. We'll be a bit flat tack the weekend before that as it's in the middle of our 8 days only of temp accom so we will be madly rushing about trying to find a place to rent. But if that suits others we'll try to get there.

emmahafryn and suffolk diva will be there by then too I think.

There are 5 weekends in November this year so maybe that's an excuse for two November meetups? As if we needed an excuse! Sounds like there'll be a lot of people by the 29/30 November weekend.

Thanks for organising it,

Jo

PS By Waverley do you mean Mount Waverley or Glen Waverley or is there some other Waverley? Bring on that Melways...
Old Oct 6th 2003, 9:50 am
Forum Regular

suffolkdiva is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Jaykay,

We won't be there yet

We fly on the 27th, spend a few days in Singapore, then a couple of weeks in Brisbane with relatives before flying down to Melbourne about 12th November.

So if you have one in November we'll be up for it!
Old Oct 6th 2003, 10:07 am
Homeward Bound

spuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond repute

Hello JayKay and everyone else!
We'll be there with corks on mate! We get to Mel on the 23rd October and move into new flat on 1st Nov so will be pretty hectic that weeekend but will certainly need a beer by then!

My brother and his girlfiriend are also out there in Elsternwick and I am sure they will be up for it too. Will also ask Poggle maybe who has now been out in Brighton for ages and knows her way around the pubs!!

Let me know details and I'll drag myself along!
Old Oct 7th 2003, 11:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Jaykay has a spectacular aura aboutJaykay has a spectacular aura aboutJaykay has a spectacular aura about

Okay everyone.

If I make the date of the meet up for the 2nd November would that suit everyone? (It's a Sunday).

I'm still looking into pubs but will confirm a.s.a.p.

Regards
Old Oct 7th 2003, 11:59 am
Forum Regular

Wolfen is an unknown quantity at this point

2nd November is good for us.!!!!!!

Originally posted by Jaykay
Okay everyone.

If I make the date of the meet up for the 2nd November would that suit everyone? (It's a Sunday).

I'm still looking into pubs but will confirm a.s.a.p.

Regards
Old Oct 7th 2003, 12:48 pm
Homeward Bound

spuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond repute

Us too!
Old Oct 7th 2003, 1:19 pm
Forum Regular

Mandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really nice

we get there on the 12th, so the 2nd should be fine for me and the kids.

Mandy
Old Oct 7th 2003, 1:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jolyn is an unknown quantity at this point

See you all there on the 2nd!
Old Oct 7th 2003, 3:48 pm
Forum Regular

Vanou is an unknown quantity at this point

Good idea Jaykay.
We're still waiting for the yellow envelope though, but we'll be there soon afterwards, so count us in for the next meeting.
Would be great to meet you all.
Have fun guys!
Vanessa & Gael

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.