Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

1st Encounter with huntsman

1st Encounter with huntsman

Old Sep 17th 2005, 1:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Madhouse! is a jewel in the roughMadhouse! is a jewel in the roughMadhouse! is a jewel in the roughMadhouse! is a jewel in the roughMadhouse! is a jewel in the rough
Default 1st Encounter with huntsman

How to quickly sober up on a saturday night Sat here mellowing out with my vodka and redbull and next thing a huntsman spider the size of a side plate walks above my head on the ceiling :scared: :scared:
Our friend who is sat here with us informs us its just a baby :scared: now if thats a bloody baby i dont wanna no where its parents are!!!

Claire
Old Sep 17th 2005, 2:27 pm
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 1st Encounter with huntsman

OMG! what did you do? I would have died on the spot.

I might have to go to the local zoo and see if they will let me get aquainted with some of the weird and wonderful wildlife before I come to Oz .....or perhaps I could try hypnosis!
Old Sep 17th 2005, 2:30 pm
¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤

DollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Madhouse!
How to quickly sober up on a saturday night Sat here mellowing out with my vodka and redbull and next thing a huntsman spider the size of a side plate walks above my head on the ceiling :scared: :scared:
Our friend who is sat here with us informs us its just a baby :scared: now if thats a bloody baby i dont wanna no where its parents are!!!

Claire
Those pesky critters defy the laws of gravity....

D D

PS bit of a drastic hangover cure though Claire :scared:
Old Sep 17th 2005, 2:31 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Mrs JFW]OMG! what did you do? I would have died on the spot.

dont be to alarmed guys

Bite
Huntsman spider bites usually result only in transient local pain and swelling. However, some Badge Huntsman spider bites have caused prolonged pain, inflammation, headache, vomiting and irregular pulse rate.

First Aid
A cold pack may relieve local pain. Seek medical attention if symptoms. persist.

Links
Other Spider Fact sheets
http://www.amonline.net.au/factsheets/index.htm#spiders
Brown Huntsman, Giant Green Huntsman, Grey Huntsman, Shield Huntsman
http://www.Qmuseum.qld.gov.au/nature...dswelcome.html
Huntsman Spiders
http://www.xs4all.nl/~ednieuw/austra.../Huntsman.html
Victorian Spiders - Badge Huntsman
http://www.museum.vic.gov.au/spiders/badge.html
Old Sep 17th 2005, 2:39 pm
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

dont be to alarmed guys

Bite
Huntsman spider bites usually result only in transient local pain and swelling. However, some Badge Huntsman spider bites have caused prolonged pain, inflammation, headache, vomiting and irregular pulse rate.

Steve....

I'd have most of those symptoms before it bit me!!!
Old Sep 17th 2005, 2:41 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Steve....

I'd have most of those symptoms before it bit me!!! [/QUOTE]

sorry car`nt type still laughing
Old Sep 17th 2005, 2:47 pm
Living the Dream!

We went on holiday to Cornwall and went to some kind of wildlife centre where you could hold tarantulas and snakes, my daughter (4 years old at the time) thought it was great, she held everything! I had to stand about 10 feet away.

Think I need to go back to try and rid myself of snake and spider phobias! :scared:
Old Sep 17th 2005, 2:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Madhouse! is a jewel in the roughMadhouse! is a jewel in the roughMadhouse! is a jewel in the roughMadhouse! is a jewel in the roughMadhouse! is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Mrs JFW

I might have to go to the local zoo and see if they will let me get aquainted with some of the weird and wonderful wildlife before I come to Oz .....or perhaps I could try hypnosis!

screamed whilst running as far away from it as possible, i honestly dont no what i would of done if hubby wasn't there cause no way would i of caught it
Old Sep 17th 2005, 2:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DollyDaydream
Those pesky critters defy the laws of gravity....

D D

PS bit of a drastic hangover cure though Claire :scared:

LOL i still shaking like a leaf and it's not the affect of the alcahol
Old Sep 17th 2005, 2:55 pm
Living the Dream!

screamed whilst running as far away from it as possible, i honestly dont no what i would of done if hubby wasn't there cause no way would i of caught it

If it was my hubby he would have ran away too! Where would that leave me?
Old Sep 17th 2005, 2:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

If it was my hubby he would have ran away too! Where would that leave me?
ROFLMAO

Hubby and friend just discussing how fast it moved....id bloody out run it thats for sure!
Old Sep 17th 2005, 3:04 pm
Living the Dream!

ROFLMAO

Hubby and friend just discussing how fast it moved....id bloody out run it thats for sure!

Yeah...especially after all that Red Bull! lol
Old Sep 17th 2005, 3:08 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Think I need to go back to try and rid myself of snake and spider phobias! :scared:
www.babcp.org.uk

Good luck

G
Old Sep 17th 2005, 3:18 pm
Living the Dream!

Originally Posted by Grayling
www.babcp.org.uk

Good luck

G

Thank you Grayling,

It is something I seriously need to consider. Don't want my fears and phobias to ruin my living in Oz.
Old Sep 17th 2005, 5:49 pm
Forum Regular

nadders is just really nicenadders is just really nicenadders is just really nicenadders is just really nicenadders is just really nicenadders is just really nicenadders is just really nicenadders is just really nicenadders is just really nicenadders is just really nicenadders is just really nice

[QUOTE=steve`o]

dont be to alarmed guys

Bite

First Aid
A cold pack may relieve local pain. Seek medical attention if symptoms. persist.

Links
Other Spider Fact sheets
http://www.amonline.net.au/factsheets/index.htm#spiders
Brown Huntsman, Giant Green Huntsman, Grey Huntsman, Shield Huntsman
http://www.Qmuseum.qld.gov.au/nature...dswelcome.html
Huntsman Spiders
http://www.xs4all.nl/~ednieuw/austra.../Huntsman.html
Victorian Spiders - Badge Huntsman
http://www.museum.vic.gov.au/spiders/badge.html
I nearly died when I saw these spider pics. I think that if I see anything like this I'll pass out on the spot. I have to get my husband to take the house spiders out of the bath and my most frequent nightmare is a spider falling on my face. What percentage of people living in Oz have been bitten by a poisonous spider? I mean, is it a daily occurance? :scared: We are looking at Queensland as our new home. Are spiders more common there?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.