Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

1st Day at school - perth

1st Day at school - perth

Old Feb 1st 2006, 12:01 am
Forum Regular

invictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really nice
Default 1st Day at school - perth

Peace and quiet!!!!!!!! Daughter started year 8 today at Safety Bay High, along with 220 more! Spoke to the principal yesterday who told me that there were 3 brand new ones who emigrated from the UK over Xmas, also in Year 8, this could get interesting, at least Georgia has been in country for 6 years, she was bag of nerves at brekkie, but managed to eat something, gave her extra in lunchbox............now going to shopping centre to do food shopping (alone!) and have coffee!!!!!!!!! Good luck to all of you with kids starting today, here goes another year of clock watching!!!!!!
Old Feb 1st 2006, 12:16 am
kneading my cushion

webgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: 1st Day at school - perth

Just dropped my no. 1 boy off for first day at school. Very grown up, woke early and was bouncing up and down on bed asking if school was open yet. He was very cool, calm and collected (unlike his mum - I blame PMT!!) and didn't even notice me going.

I''m sure he wasn't born that long ago!

One down, one to go.
Old Feb 1st 2006, 12:26 am
BE Forum Addict

cranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by webgum
Just dropped my no. 1 boy off for first day at school. Very grown up, woke early and was bouncing up and down on bed asking if school was open yet. He was very cool, calm and collected (unlike his mum - I blame PMT!!) and didn't even notice me going.

I''m sure he wasn't born that long ago!

One down, one to go.
My 12 yr old started high school today.
dropped the other 2 at primary, come home having coffee in peace, my god it is so quiet. I really miss them [NOT].
Old Feb 1st 2006, 1:24 am

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

My 4 started today too. The eldest got a lift with dad to highschool (Year 11 OMG) and I walked the younger 3 to primary.
My youngest, who I have to admit is a Mummy's boy through and through decided that he did not want to walked to class this year. *Sigh*

The 11 (soon to be 12) year olds gave me sneaky kisses after making sure they were all clear and ran for thier lives, obviously not wanting to be caught with Mum. The youngest at least didn't care about that yet and gave me a good kiss good bye but wanted to make his way on his own. Not cool to show up with Mum in year 5.

I've turned the corner, I am now an embarrassment to ALL my kids!

Siren
Old Feb 1st 2006, 1:31 am
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

Yippppeeee! I was skipping with my lad all the way to the classroom door!!

He's into year 1 at Carramar Primary. He loves school (that'll change) so he has been chomping at the bit to get back.

Daughter starts kindy on Friday! Heavenly peace and quiet...deep joy!
Old Feb 1st 2006, 2:08 am
BE Forum Addict

cranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siren & Brian
My 4 started today too. The eldest got a lift with dad to highschool (Year 11 OMG) and I walked the younger 3 to primary.
My youngest, who I have to admit is a Mummy's boy through and through decided that he did not want to walked to class this year. *Sigh*

The 11 (soon to be 12) year olds gave me sneaky kisses after making sure they were all clear and ran for thier lives, obviously not wanting to be caught with Mum. The youngest at least didn't care about that yet and gave me a good kiss good bye but wanted to make his way on his own. Not cool to show up with Mum in year 5.

I've turned the corner, I am now an embarrassment to ALL my kids!

Siren
I know the feeling.
Old Feb 1st 2006, 2:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by TraceyW

He's into year 1 at Carramar Primary. He loves school (that'll change) so he has been chomping at the bit to get back.

I bet you was skipping too, for joy.
well clean clean clean, thats all ive done this morning, no toys in sight.
Mine finish at 2 today, but i am enjoying the peace and quiet.
Old Feb 1st 2006, 2:24 am

Bella Donna is an unknown quantity at this point

Mine started year 3 this morning. She was as happy as a lark - I was the one coming out with tears in my eyes. She's been with me since early July 2005 when she left her UK primary, and apart from four weeks before Christmas when she first went to her new school, she's been with me every day. I'm going to miss her like hell....

Sue
Old Feb 1st 2006, 2:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Ours went back on the 23rd january, now we are just waiting for the school to find the maths textbooks , they said buy one, then said they were not using that one, so you order the new one and now the schools lost them
Old Feb 1st 2006, 2:56 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jad n rich
Ours went back on the 23rd january, now we are just waiting for the school to find the maths textbooks , they said buy one, then said they were not using that one, so you order the new one and now the schools lost them
I didn't realise you lived in the same place as Arkon
Old Feb 1st 2006, 3:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Same thing minus the alpacas
Old Feb 1st 2006, 3:31 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jad n rich
Same thing minus the alpacas
You could always buy them - I believe he is looking to offload them to some lucky soul
Old Feb 1st 2006, 8:41 pm

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20

Old Feb 1st 2006, 9:58 pm
home again, home again

janeyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by TraceyW

Hey Tracey I think my best friends daughter starts Kindy too this week. Shes Aussie and just moved to Carramar. I'll find out what school/kindy shes going to...if its they same one you can say Hi to her for me!
She also has two others at Carramar Primary