1st aid Course

Old Nov 10th 2005, 3:09 pm
stevenpoole9

Default 1st aid Course

My wife has been asked to go on a 1st Aid course organised at a local play group where she works. Would the certificate be recognised in Australia (Brisbane specifically) we will have to pay for the course so if it's of no use it would be a bit of waste of money, as we should be in Queenslnd early next year, house sale permitting. Cheers, Steve.

Old Nov 10th 2005, 3:14 pm

rossifumi will become famous soon enough
Default Re: 1st aid Course

Originally Posted by stevenpoole9
My wife has been asked to go on a 1st Aid course organised at a local play group where she works. Would the certificate be recognised in Australia (Brisbane specifically) we will have to pay for the course so if it's of no use it would be a bit of waste of money, as we should be in Queenslnd early next year, house sale permitting. Cheers, Steve.
I don't think it would be recognised mate but still shows she's had training.

Rich
Old Nov 10th 2005, 3:22 pm

Bella Donna is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Steven,

As a complementary therapist, I have to hold a first aid certificate. Now in Oz, I have been told that my previous course (Red Cross First Aid) is inadequate for my therapies but it is easily upgraded with an Oz course. I am about to undertake the *Senior* first aid course - done over 18 hours with the usual stuff plus things like first aid for snake and spider bites. This will cost around $140 and can be done through either Red Cross or St Johns, just as in the UK.

Any first aid course your wife does would be of practical value, but if she is unlikely to need it in Oz, it might not be financially viable. If she will be doing the same work in Oz, then I would suggest she leaves it until getting here.

HTH.

Sue
Old Nov 10th 2005, 7:20 pm
Marvin for PM

Whitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really nice

Hi there
I am a complementary therapist and have to have a first aid certificate for my job. funnily enough i have today booked on a 4 day St Johns Ambulance course as my certificate needed updating. Before booking i checked that it is an international certificate in health and safety and yes it is allowed in Australia. It costs £175 plus vat and lasts for 3 years.
Angie
Old Nov 10th 2005, 7:24 pm
Marvin for PM

Whitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really nice

Originally Posted by Bella Donna
Hi Steven,

As a complementary therapist, I have to hold a first aid certificate. Now in Oz, I have been told that my previous course (Red Cross First Aid) is inadequate for my therapies but it is easily upgraded with an Oz course. I am about to undertake the *Senior* first aid course - done over 18 hours with the usual stuff plus things like first aid for snake and spider bites. This will cost around $140 and can be done through either Red Cross or St Johns, just as in the UK.

Any first aid course your wife does would be of practical value, but if she is unlikely to need it in Oz, it might not be financially viable. If she will be doing the same work in Oz, then I would suggest she leaves it until getting here.

HTH.

Sue
Hiya
where abouts are you settling in oz? i am just sorting out all my stuff, i am automatically covered to do personal training and gym instruction with my cover over here, but am sorting out cover for all the other stuff i am qualified for over here. We hope to move over as soon as our house sells!
Angie
Old Nov 10th 2005, 10:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Loopy will become famous soon enoughLoopy will become famous soon enough

My company here in Perth accepts St John's first aid courses undertaken in the UK but not Red Cross. You won't go wrong with the Senior First Aid course, but I think I'd avoid the First Aid For Childcare as you've more scope with the first. Having done FA courses here & in UK they are pretty similar, a few different techniques and of course the spider, snake bites etc. but nothing too drastic.!

Loopy
Old Nov 11th 2005, 9:45 am

Bella Donna is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Whitby Wanderers
Hiya
where abouts are you settling in oz? i am just sorting out all my stuff, i am automatically covered to do personal training and gym instruction with my cover over here, but am sorting out cover for all the other stuff i am qualified for over here. We hope to move over as soon as our house sells!
Angie
Hi Angie,

I'm in Port Kennedy (WA) at the moment, and will probably be staying here or in this area as dh's work is in Rockingham. Where are you headed?

Suee