1800 No Hoon

Old Nov 11th 2005, 8:45 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute
Default 1800 No Hoon

Those around the area will already know of its reputation. Frankstons council appear to want to do something about it.

They have launched the "Hoon Hotline"

Frankston residents can now phone 1800 NO HOON, (1800 66 4666) 24 hours a day, seven days a week to report anti-social driving behaviour. Frankston City Council’s Community Safety Co-ordinator Philippa O’Halloran said the “Hoon Hotline” demonstrates the Council’s strong commitment to road safety and partnership with Victoria Police. “The ‘Hoon Hotline’ hopefully will be an effective tool in reducing the incidence of anti-social driving behaviour,” she said.
Also while in Sunshine Coast area recently I saw a sign "This road closed from 9pm to 5am as part of the anti hoon initiative"

This IS NOT a thread saying this happens in OZ and not in the UK. Its just a social observation. I dunno why the term hoon always brings a smile to my face.

Last edited by hevs; Nov 11th 2005 at 8:48 am. Reason: HUP DID THIS AS HEV LEFT IT LOGGED IN
Old Nov 11th 2005, 8:51 am

rossifumi will become famous soon enough
Default Re: 1800 No Hoon

Originally Posted by hevs
I dunno why the term hoon always brings a smile to my face.
'A damn good Hooning was administered' It has got a certain ring to it yes.
Old Nov 11th 2005, 8:51 am
HUP
Brain Drained

HUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond repute

Ooops HEVS make sure you log off !!!
Old Nov 11th 2005, 8:57 am
Breast Inspector

zx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hevs
Those around the area will already know of its reputation. Frankstons council appear to want to do something about it.

They have launched the "Hoon Hotline"

Also while in Sunshine Coast area recently I saw a sign "This road closed from 9pm to 5am as part of the anti hoon initiative"

This IS NOT a thread saying this happens in OZ and not in the UK. Its just a social observation. I dunno why the term hoon always brings a smile to my face.

Some guy did this in Canberra the other day and got caught. They have now the police have impounded his car. I wonder how much it will cost to get the car back?

ZX.......