Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

18 months ago...

18 months ago...

Old Jul 12th 2006, 8:34 am
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up 18 months ago...

....today, I arrived in Australia for the biggest adventure of my life....and I'm still having it! My husband joined me 2 months after.

I got here as a mental health nurse on a 457 - hated the hospital that was sponsoring me, decided I was burnt out - got my PR on July 26th and promptly left.

Then I had visitors for over 2 months :scared: - during which time I didn't work (might have been easier LOL )

Carl had got a job as a chess coach (he's a very strong player), and and then I was offered a job with the same company organising and running Tournaments in school - it has taken me all over Victoria, as well as into NSW and Qld - with more places to come.

We've made some great friends here...not least some who I've met via here - you know who you are, so I won't embarrass you by saying your names - as well as other normal people.

To those who are here...isn't it great !! And for those on their way......it's great, so any times you wonder ' WTF am I doing' - then you are doing the right thing

Cas
Old Jul 12th 2006, 8:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Pootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 18 months ago...

I agree with you absolutely Cas!
Having a great time here and feels like we're on holiday still cos we do so many things!

Will ring you soon!

Ruth
Old Jul 12th 2006, 8:40 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Pootle
I agree with you absolutely Cas!
Having a great time here and feels like we're on holiday still cos we do so many things!

Will ring you soon!

Ruth
Be nice to catch up

(Yep...Ruth is one )
Old Jul 12th 2006, 8:43 am
BE Forum Addict

TeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud of

What a great post. Sounds like you have settled in really well and are having a fab time.
Old Jul 12th 2006, 8:46 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by TeresaG
What a great post. Sounds like you have settled in really well and are having a fab time.
Yep...having a ball

Seen some great places, done some great things, got a good job handed to me on a plate.......and love living in Melbourne.
Old Jul 12th 2006, 8:56 am
Chocoholic

Juliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond repute

Glad you're enjoying it all Cas.
Long may it continue

Julie. x
Old Jul 12th 2006, 9:44 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Aw bugger. I'm due my 'One year on' post in 12 days time and you've stolen my thunder

But I agree too. Best thing we've ever done. Yes we've missed family and friends but without being over dramatic, our lives have changed for the better. Work is less stressful and time off is more active, more outdoors and more fun.

(And yes I'm another )
Old Jul 12th 2006, 9:53 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

So thats why Melbourne house prices started dropping 18 months ago.

Old Jul 12th 2006, 9:54 am
Breast Inspector

zx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CasG
....today, I arrived in Australia for the biggest adventure of my life....and I'm still having it! My husband joined me 2 months after.

I got here as a mental health nurse on a 457 - hated the hospital that was sponsoring me, decided I was burnt out - got my PR on July 26th and promptly left.

Then I had visitors for over 2 months :scared: - during which time I didn't work (might have been easier LOL )

Carl had got a job as a chess coach (he's a very strong player), and and then I was offered a job with the same company organising and running Tournaments in school - it has taken me all over Victoria, as well as into NSW and Qld - with more places to come.

We've made some great friends here...not least some who I've met via here - you know who you are, so I won't embarrass you by saying your names as well as other normal people.

To those who are here...isn't it great !! And for those on their way......it's great, so any times you wonder ' WTF am I doing' - then you are doing the right thing

Cas

Did you want to be friends? I thought we were just acquaintances....

ZX.....
Old Jul 12th 2006, 9:55 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by wmoore
Aw bugger. I'm due my 'One year on' post in 12 days time and you've stolen my thunder

But I agree too. Best thing we've ever done. Yes we've missed family and friends but without being over dramatic, our lives have changed for the better. Work is less stressful and time off is more active, more outdoors and more fun.

(And yes I'm another )
Who said ?
Old Jul 12th 2006, 9:55 am
BE Enthusiast

Sue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant future

Hi Cas

Remember meeting you at a North West meet, glad to hear you are happy and settled. I've been here 12 months now and, as OH says "best decision we ever made".
Old Jul 12th 2006, 10:04 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sue from Manchester
Hi Cas

Remember meeting you at a North West meet, glad to hear you are happy and settled. I've been here 12 months now and, as OH says "best decision we ever made".
And just down the road from us. We stayed in Morningside for a month when we first landed but couldn't find a decent rental in our price range when we needed longer term. We're in Wynnum West now.
Old Jul 12th 2006, 10:04 am
What's happening dudes?

Originally Posted by CasG
Who said ?
Did somebody say something? I've got a long (and distinguished) ignore list.
Old Jul 12th 2006, 10:06 am
Confused member

SunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Sue from Manchester
Hi Cas

I remember the same meet, over in Middlewich, in November 04 and we're not there yet!!! Roll on mid-August ...

Glad to hear you're all enjoying it though!
Old Jul 12th 2006, 10:23 am
Account Closed

phoenixinoz is an unknown quantity at this point

Great to hear life is good for you Cas

You're a good example of someone living life to the max, doing what you want to do whilst living a *normal* life of work and play. Good on ya' girl

Strangely enough, it's our 2 year anniversary today. We landed here 2 years ago without even having visited before. And we love it. Should have done it years ago....

Keep smiling and enjoying this fabulous country we now call home

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.