Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

18 and feeling low in Perth!!!

18 and feeling low in Perth!!!

Old Oct 17th 2006, 2:49 am
Forum Regular

RichP is a glorious beacon of lightRichP is a glorious beacon of lightRichP is a glorious beacon of lightRichP is a glorious beacon of lightRichP is a glorious beacon of lightRichP is a glorious beacon of lightRichP is a glorious beacon of lightRichP is a glorious beacon of lightRichP is a glorious beacon of lightRichP is a glorious beacon of lightRichP is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: 18 and feeling low in Perth!!!

Not trying to be an arse but here goes...

You're 18 mate, time to have fun. Go out on your own, you'll meet some like minded people.

If not, join some clubs or something!

I don't necessarily condone this but *ahem* lots of alcohol can lubricate a sticky social situation if ya gets me?

Old Oct 17th 2006, 3:19 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Chef69
Hi Everyone,
Now with tail between my legs.I suppose that I am just an over protective mother.It took a lot of guts for my daughter to go on here in the first place and she did not want to come across as desperate.I just hate to see any child no matter their age or sex going through any anxiety. The girl's on here who know me,know that I worship my kids and I suppose it was just a little of the Irish Mother coming out in me.
So Sorry to anybody I may have offended and Thank you to everybody who has tried to help.
Now I'm going back to my box in the corner.
It's certainly tricky for teens to get a foot hold here but why does she not get her own ID here and then she can message others. There is a teen forum too which might help a bit?
I was engaged to an Irish guy once. His mother was so scary that even her kids were scared of her!

You're not that scary.

Ps - Is that box clean?
Old Oct 17th 2006, 5:03 am
Forum Regular

noonard is a name known to allnoonard is a name known to allnoonard is a name known to allnoonard is a name known to allnoonard is a name known to allnoonard is a name known to allnoonard is a name known to allnoonard is a name known to allnoonard is a name known to allnoonard is a name known to allnoonard is a name known to all

Well I can relate to how you're feeling - I've met a couple of people but mainly through my girlfriend as she's originally from Perth, but if it wasn't for her mates (and mates of mates) I'd be lost.

I'm 26 and while I don't see that moving was a bad idea there's not much I wouldn't give for a night out with my mates from back home!

Still, only been here 2 months, I guess it was always going to take a lot longer than this to get settled.

Anyway, I'm 26 and my GF is 21, if you fancy joining us and some of my GFs mates (generally girls 20-21 ish) for a night out sometime then you're more than welcome!

Ed
Old Oct 17th 2006, 5:11 am
Forum Regular

Chef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by nightnurse2
I'll slap your wrists on Thursday if it'll make you feel any better

Hope she gets to meet up with the other girls - it's early days yet and I'm sure she'll be fine (look at her mother)
Tracey

Oh Tracey,

I do luv ya I'm always on for a good slappin.
Old Oct 17th 2006, 8:16 am
hjw
helenj

hjw has much to be proud ofhjw has much to be proud ofhjw has much to be proud ofhjw has much to be proud ofhjw has much to be proud ofhjw has much to be proud ofhjw has much to be proud ofhjw has much to be proud ofhjw has much to be proud ofhjw has much to be proud ofhjw has much to be proud of

hi after reading this thread i am replying on behalf of my son who is 18, ( he is going to love me for this isnt he haha, but im fed up of him in the bloody house...) he moved down here with us 3 months ago and is also finding it hard to make friends of the same age. he is off to uni in feb so if there are any 18 year olds south of the river .