British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   18 and feeling low in Perth!!! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/18-feeling-low-perth-402454/)

Chef69 Oct 16th 2006 8:25 am

18 and feeling low in Perth!!!

Hi Everybody,
Using my mam's name. I moved to Perth about eight months ago and am living in the Northern subs,have made some friends,but they are a little younger than me . If there is anybody else out there my age and would like to hook up sometime contact me through PM.

iPom Oct 16th 2006 8:59 am

Re: 18 and feeling low in Perth!!!

Originally Posted by Chef69
Hi Everybody,
Using my mam's name. I moved to Perth about eight months ago and am living in the Northern subs,have made some friends,but they are a little younger than me . If there is anybody else out there my age and would like to hook up sometime contact me through PM.

Hi Chef

Everyone feels this way at first... Get your glad rags on and go out for a few drinks if your job allows - Hope you're not working split shifts!

K to you.

Luma Oct 16th 2006 9:30 am

Good for you for making the first move in trying to make some new friends. You're half way there already!

Have you tried meeting people through sport? You could join a club maybe.

Hi Everybody,

maggy Oct 16th 2006 10:22 am

Hi Everybody,

Hi we moved here just over 2 years ago in warwick moving to currambine in 2 weeks.

My daughter Megan is 17 and I am sure she would love to show you Perth and have you over for girlie nights.

megan has been here just over a year.

I will PM you her number.

Maggy

xxxx

iPom Oct 16th 2006 11:38 am

Originally Posted by maggy

My daughter Megan is 17 and I am sure she would love to show you Perth and have you over for girlie nights.

Chef's using his/her mam's name.... So if he's a bloke, girly nights in might not appeal!!! :D

But then again, they might.... :D

maggy Oct 16th 2006 12:11 pm

Originally Posted by iPom
Chef's using his/her mam's name.... So if he's a bloke, girly nights in might not appeal!!! :D

lol :D

nightnurse2 Oct 16th 2006 1:26 pm

Originally Posted by iPom

I can vouch for her being female - I know her mum!
Good luck,
Tracey

iPom Oct 16th 2006 1:42 pm

Originally Posted by nightnurse2
I can vouch for her being female - I know her mum!
Good luck,
Tracey

LOL... good to hear it. :)

Chef69 Oct 17th 2006 12:40 am

This is Mum,
Nice to see trhat some people are laughing at a child/adult looking for help. This has now made her fell like a total idiot and desperate.

Luma Oct 17th 2006 12:48 am

I think she is very brave asking for help in making friends.

This is Mum,
Nice to see trhat some people are laughing at a child/adult looking for help. This has now made her fell like a total idiot and desperate.

maggy Oct 17th 2006 12:55 am

This is Mum,

Really sorry but I dont think anyone was laughing at your daughter.

Its me they are laughing at because I made the assumption that it was a female not male.

Tell your daughter to get in touch with Megan I have sent her mobile number via PM.

Good luck

Maggy

iPom Oct 17th 2006 1:14 am

This is Mum,

I wasn't laughing at your daughter at all! The original post didn't say whether female or male or any other info. The joke I made was in the direction of Maggy, which at least she got.:rolleyes:

Hope your daughter can recover enough to meet up with Maggy's daughter.

Dawn Oct 17th 2006 1:33 am

Hi ya,,,,,were moving on Saturday to Merriwa which isnt to far from where your living, my daughter Nikki said she would like to meet up, shes 19. I know your mum also, from Hilarys :) Anyway i will send you a PM.

Dawn x

Chef69 Oct 17th 2006 2:20 am

Hi Everyone,
Now with tail between my legs:o.I suppose that I am just an over protective mother.It took a lot of guts for my daughter to go on here in the first place and she did not want to come across as desperate.I just hate to see any child no matter their age or sex going through any anxiety. The girl's on here who know me,know that I worship my kids and I suppose it was just a little of the Irish Mother coming out in me.
So Sorry to anybody I may have offended and Thank you to everybody who has tried to help.:o
Now I'm going back to my box in the corner.:D

nightnurse2 Oct 17th 2006 2:44 am

Hi Everyone,
Now with tail between my legs:o.I suppose that I am just an over protective mother.It took a lot of guts for my daughter to go on here in the first place and she did not want to come across as desperate.I just hate to see any child no matter their age or sex going through any anxiety. The girl's on here who know me,know that I worship my kids and I suppose it was just a little of the Irish Mother coming out in me.
So Sorry to anybody I may have offended and Thank you to everybody who has tried to help.:o
Now I'm going back to my box in the corner.:D

I'll slap your wrists on Thursday if it'll make you feel any better ;)

Hope she gets to meet up with the other girls - it's early days yet and I'm sure she'll be fine (look at her mother) :)
Tracey