Reload this Page >

17yr old working can he still come plz help

17yr old working can he still come plz help

Old Feb 19th 2005, 1:39 pm
Just Joined

foreverhoping is an unknown quantity at this point
Question 17yr old working can he still come plz help

Hi to you all

my lad is 17 and working will he be classed as a dependant or will we have trouble because he is working.
We have passed the TRA and now about to send off main application i was just wondering about him but he is still under 18 does this matter?

please can anyone help

Jules
Old Feb 19th 2005, 2:08 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 17yr old working can he still come plz help

Jules,

If he has left the education system and is working there is very little chance he will be accepted as dependant on you.

You will need to seek some other visa solution for your son and that could be tricky so suggest you speak to an agent.
Old Feb 19th 2005, 4:15 pm
Forum Regular

sudds is on a distinguished road

need to speak quickly to an agent........dont quote me but think as long as the main application goes in before 18 years then you will be o.k.
sudd
Old Feb 19th 2005, 6:05 pm
Just Joined

Hey Bix & sudds thanks for your replies. Someone has replied on the immigration part and they have the same situation as me their agent said they will be ok as he is still under 18 yrs. Its put my mind at rest

thanks again

Jules
Old Feb 19th 2005, 8:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Chris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really nice

Originally Posted by foreverhoping
Hey Bix & sudds thanks for your replies. Someone has replied on the immigration part and they have the same situation as me their agent said they will be ok as he is still under 18 yrs. Its put my mind at rest

thanks again

Jules
My understanding is just that they are classed as dependants under 18 but can be classed as dependants upto 23 if in full time education, have looked into this as i have a 20 year old but don't think I am going to be able to prove dependency. I e-mailed dimia for advice as i didnt want to put him on our application and risk ours when his was 'iffy', however they said it would only be him that was refused if not accepted.
Old Feb 19th 2005, 8:27 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sudds
need to speak quickly to an agent........dont quote me but think as long as the main application goes in before 18 years then you will be o.k.
sudd
Not correct - provided the application is *decided* (and visa granted) before he is 18 then he will be ok. Otherwise there may be a problem.

Get a good agent straight away. He may need to stop working before he turns 18 in order to be considered dependent - this area is complex and you need good professional advice.

Jeremy
Old Feb 19th 2005, 9:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

arlene is an unknown quantity at this point

my son was just 17 when we put the application in and he was working as well but was classed as a dependent on the application

we had no worries and he is working out here now as well

arlene
Old Feb 19th 2005, 9:40 pm
Just Joined

d0nna is on a distinguished road

Hi
our son was working and 17yrs he actually turned 18yrs before our visa was granted, there was no problem

donna
Old Feb 19th 2005, 11:13 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by d0nna
Hi
our son was working and 17yrs he actually turned 18yrs before our visa was granted, there was no problem

donna

Every case is different - someone else with a child this age should not assume a similar outcome.

Jeremy
Old Feb 20th 2005, 10:22 am
Just Joined

d0nna is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by JAJ
Every case is different - someone else with a child this age should not assume a similar outcome.

Jeremy
absolutely jeremey I was just saying what had happened to us, most definately get advise not worth the risk

donna
Old Feb 20th 2005, 11:30 am
Just Joined

Hey thanks all for your input i will ring an agent tomorrow just to clarify everything.

thanks again

Jules x
Old Feb 20th 2005, 11:44 am
Forum Regular

ahoy has a brilliant futureahoy has a brilliant futureahoy has a brilliant futureahoy has a brilliant futureahoy has a brilliant futureahoy has a brilliant futureahoy has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by foreverhoping
Hey thanks all for your input i will ring an agent tomorrow just to clarify everything.

thanks again

Jules x
i have just got my request for meds (well a month ago). its been 10 months coming and with the meds i got a request for up to date proof that my daughters are still dependent. i can't prove this for one of them since she has started working. i emailed this info to my case worker and i had the option of sending the information and seeing what they said (but frankly she is no way dependent, doesn't even live with my since 2 weeks ago) or sending a letter with the application, withdrawing her from the family. bit harsh but we knew this might happen. she met somebody and has decided to come later on his application since he is skilled.

anyway, what i'm saying is that they wanted proof that they are still dependent at the time of the visa being granted. it actually said something like that in the letter. good luck