17 golds

Old Aug 28th 2004, 5:20 pm
Just Joined

ccton is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up 17 golds

Now Oz has taken 17 golds, it's hard to believe a nation has only 20 million people can reach this high.

Who can give a reason?
Old Aug 28th 2004, 5:51 pm
4-1,4-1 i love it,love it

Arron is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 17 golds

Originally Posted by ccton
Now Oz has taken 17 golds, it's hard to believe a nation has only 20 million people can reach this high.

Who can give a reason?
Pride over personal gain methinks.
Old Aug 28th 2004, 8:20 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Who can give a reason?
Old Aug 28th 2004, 8:35 pm

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grayling

Did we get a GOld medal for sleeping too?
Old Aug 28th 2004, 8:37 pm
kong

Who can give a reason?
Beacause it is such a dull, boring backwater. There is absolutely nothing to do in Aus except play/watch sport

Old Aug 28th 2004, 8:37 pm

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kong
Beacause it is such a dull, boring backwater. There is absolutely nothing to do in Aus except play/watch sport

And whats wrong with that?
Old Aug 28th 2004, 8:39 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siren
Did we get a GOld medal for sleeping too?
Probably
Old Aug 28th 2004, 8:40 pm

Probably
Damn we are good
Old Aug 28th 2004, 8:43 pm
Bitter and twisted

Originally Posted by Siren
Damn we are good
Per population The Bahamas are top of the medal list.
Best live there methinks

G
Old Aug 28th 2004, 8:44 pm

Per population The Bahamas are top of the medal list.
Best live there methinks

G

Personally dont think it matters whose on top, but just giving it your all, thats what makes you proud to be an Aussie
Old Aug 28th 2004, 10:50 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Who can give a reason?
It was expected. 5th place would have been considered a poor performance.

Reasons

Second largest team in the Olympic games and per head of population one the best best funded teams in the games. No fluke and Oz is not a battler nation when it comes to sport.

Wish I had a dollar for everyone that says to me "considering out population Australia does so well at the Olympics. I'd be well on my way to affording a house.
Old Aug 28th 2004, 11:29 pm

Originally Posted by bondipom
It was expected. 5th place would have been considered a poor performance.

Reasons

Second largest team in the Olympic games and per head of population one the best best funded teams in the games. No fluke and Oz is not a battler nation when it comes to sport.

Wish I had a dollar for everyone that says to me "considering out population Australia does so well at the Olympics. I'd be well on my way to affording a house.

woohoooo we r coming 3rd then and beating the Yanks.... but the Bahamas are going to win
Old Aug 28th 2004, 11:41 pm
Badge

Your talk of size of the team reminded me - the other day I was thinking - people complain about the Aussie biased coverage but arguably its because there are so many Aussies competing in popular sports.

The UK televises Pinsett/Redgrave (in 2000) et cetera at the expense of say the Bahamas winning something, because that will interest the UK public. So maybe likewise, Aussies showing aussies just reflects the size of the [competitive]Aussie team?

Sure, there is bias, but that's the thing. The Yanks have the same problem - a huge team with every chance of success too.

Old Aug 28th 2004, 11:43 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Badge
Your talk of size of the team reminded me - the other day I was thinking - people complain about the Aussie biased coverage but arguably its because there are so many Aussies competing in popular sports.

The UK televises Pinsett/Redgrave (in 2000) et cetera at the expense of say the Bahamas winning something, because that will interest the UK public. So maybe likewise, Aussies showing aussies just reflects the size of the [competitive]Aussie team?

Sure, there is bias, but that's the thing. The Yanks have the same problem - a huge team with every chance of success too.
It just shows Channel 7s desire for ratings by drumming the jingoistic beat.
Old Aug 29th 2004, 9:23 am
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kong
Now Kong that's not right. It's all down to investment something the Brits have little of except for the recent introduction of lotto cash and that cash is spent on gadgets for our prima donnas, check Jacksons article in the locker room. British athletics in general is a shambles.

We have one decent velodrome (thanks to the Commonwealth games) and a couple of olympic size swimming pools, how can our athletes compete at world level without the tools?

Yes Kelly is an exeption but where does she train? Spain and South Africa. And our relay team? Mainly Australia. Both took golds as you know.

This country is a shambles when it come to sport. I'm gonna get off my high horse now coz I could write all day about this subject.

BTW this thread should be in the locker room.

Walla

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.