Reload this Page >

17% increase in property for North in 2004

17% increase in property for North in 2004

Old Dec 16th 2003, 12:33 pm
Forum Regular

itsasecret is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 17% increase in property for North in 2004

Property Growth

17% predicted increase in the North of England for 2004. I wonder if that is keeping up with Brisbane's predicted growth for next year? anyone know...

We are all battling against the exchange rate and the property growth in oz . double wammy.:scared:
Old Dec 16th 2003, 12:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

S Oldfield is an unknown quantity at this point

The prices appear to be levelling out in the South.
Just as long as they dont drop.
Old Dec 16th 2003, 12:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sandy.l is on a distinguished road

This is good news for me, as we live in the North east. We took a gamble buying the place we are in now, it was very run down in a run down village. Since moving here early 2002 there has been loads of new housing developments happening in the area and our place is looking great! We recently had it revalued and were told that it had increased in value by approx 75%.

We are very happy as long as the prices keep going in the right direction!

Not sure about Aus, I would also be interested in knowing the answer to this.

Sandy
Old Dec 16th 2003, 2:28 pm
Purveyor of Beaches

DavidT has a spectacular aura aboutDavidT has a spectacular aura aboutDavidT has a spectacular aura about

Puzzled, how can the prices in the north west like my old man's 3 bed det, smaller than mine, now be worth more than my house in Swindon, crazy world, the earning potential is better here too, wonder if I should withdraw my house of the market & rent it out. When the North catches up with areas like the S West, the country is in for a rude awakening. A timebomb of credit waiting to explode, shame the lenders are about to get hit NOT
Old Dec 16th 2003, 7:24 pm
Forum Regular

Muzzman is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
My parents have just got back from a few months in Bris visiting the rellies. Over there they were complaining about the way house prices had risen but my folks thought that compared to here you still get a lot for your money in Bris especially the further out from the centre you go. They brought back a couple of property brochures and we thought that prices still seemed ok.

Muzzman
Old Dec 16th 2003, 7:47 pm
Go Banana's !!

Default Re: 17% increase in property for North in 2004

Originally posted by itsasecret
Property Growth

17% predicted increase in the North of England for 2004. I wonder if that is keeping up with Brisbane's predicted growth for next year? anyone know...

We are all battling against the exchange rate and the property growth in oz . double wammy.:scared:

Yippe

We live in the North East, south west of Newcastle and hope to be in Perth before September 2004....32 weeks of the 50 weeks to go !!!

Seriously it certainly looks like its not cooling down up here and hopefully will fall just right for our future sale - assuming they let us in of course

Seasons Greetings to you all

Warren ( & Jill)

Old Dec 17th 2003, 1:27 pm
Just Joined

chris fisher is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking

Considering the rates of pay in the North how can massive rises allow first time buyers on the market...without these first time buyers there are going to be problems in the future ....not that it bothers me as I live and own a property in Malaga Spain..:PARTY:
Old Dec 17th 2003, 1:36 pm
Vee
BE Enthusiast

Vee is an unknown quantity at this point

Apparently there is an 8% increase on prices here in the South predicted for 2004.

Have just head from a friend near Buderim Qld that they have been told that prices there are "possibly coming down". They were about to buy a house - they weren't 100% sure about it, but because of what else they were told they definately weren't going to go ahead with it.

Just what I heard.
Old Dec 17th 2003, 2:18 pm
WBB

i read today that wales is expected to grow by 12% over the next 12 months.

very good news, but lets hope the oz house prices settle and the pound/dollar exchange regains something like the status of a year or so ago.

Old Dec 17th 2003, 2:21 pm
Just Joined

chris fisher is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't know why, have you been to Wales?, full of old men with close harmony singing, no thanks, and no i'm not racist by Grandad is from Wales.
Old Dec 17th 2003, 2:23 pm
WBB

Originally posted by chris fisher
I don't know why, have you been to Wales?, full of old men with close harmony singing, no thanks, and no i'm not racist by Grandad is from Wales.

funnily enough i have been to wales !!!

try opening your eyes when you read, it helps a lot.

Old Dec 17th 2003, 4:16 pm
earlswood

Originally posted by welshboybilly

Old Dec 18th 2003, 4:37 am
BE Enthusiast

jeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant future

Originally posted by chris fisher

Are you kidding...... it's a beautiful place the scenery is some of the best you will find:
Old Dec 18th 2003, 4:57 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by welshboybilly

LOL!!

Billy if its any consolation, I liked wales alot when I was there, well apart from the stench of burning sheep carcasses & pumes of noxious smoke .

Seriously the countryside was some of the most beautiful I have ever seen, especially Snowdonia in the moonlight.