Reload this Page >

150 Surf Rescues at bondi yesterday

150 Surf Rescues at bondi yesterday

Old Dec 26th 2003, 12:38 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 150 Surf Rescues at bondi yesterday

http://abc.net.au/news/australia/nsw...2/s1016384.htm
Old Dec 26th 2003, 7:29 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 150 Surf Rescues at bondi yesterday

they described it as 'traditional backpackers christmas party' - are the beaches full of poms/tourists then?? Are the aussies all sat in the air-con cafes laughing at the tourists getting sunburnt?

sue
(still slightly overstuffed from yesterdays lunch)
Old Dec 26th 2003, 8:57 am
BE Forum Addict

NickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond repute

I think you'll find that it's a strange myth perpetuated in Englad that Australians spend Christmas Day on the beach. I remember my mum telling me that, in all seriousness, many years ago. She'd never set foot in Australia, but really believed it.

It's not true. Australians spend Christmas at home with their families and friends, just like the English and everyone else the world over. There's no mass exodus to the beach on Christmas Day.

The people at Bondi yesterday would have consisted of a few locals but mostly backpackers (who have no family to go to) and who believe (mistakenly) that that's what's traditionally done.
Old Dec 26th 2003, 9:14 am

From the accents and flags there were not many Aussies down at Bondi beach. Bondi Beach Xmas day is where the working holidayers and scuzzpackers congregate and get hammered and pollute the water I surf in.
Old Dec 26th 2003, 11:57 pm
owieb

Originally posted by bondipom
where the working holidayers and scuzzpackers congregate and get hammered and pollute the water I surf in.
Bloody tourists! Trigg beach was mobbed with thousands yesterday, and reports said city beach had 3 thousand on it too. Normally these beaches are empty!

I sympathise with you bondipom.

Old Dec 27th 2003, 12:00 am

Originally posted by owieb
Bloody tourists! Trigg beach was mobbed with thousands yesterday, and reports said city beach had 3 thousand on it too. Normally these beaches are empty!

I sympathise with you bondipom.
Nightmare. Bondi is rarely empty but Xmas day was unbelievable. The clouds are sending everyone to the shops but there is a bit of an onshire making it unsurfable. Good for you Kiters though.