Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

14year old daughter...help

14year old daughter...help

Old Oct 15th 2006, 1:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 14year old daughter...help

Originally Posted by Rachel & Paul
Looking for you

Hehe. I was her drinking beer
Old Oct 15th 2006, 5:49 pm
Forum Regular

Matt06 has much to be proud ofMatt06 has much to be proud ofMatt06 has much to be proud ofMatt06 has much to be proud ofMatt06 has much to be proud ofMatt06 has much to be proud ofMatt06 has much to be proud ofMatt06 has much to be proud ofMatt06 has much to be proud ofMatt06 has much to be proud ofMatt06 has much to be proud of

hello,
I am 15 and i am in England (moving to oz in June) and i want to come back to England, and i dont really want to go because u have alot of friends and family over here...

Well...

If your daughter wants to talk to me, tell her to post me and i will try my hardest to help her stay and be positive about the country...

matt

xxx
Old Oct 15th 2006, 11:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

kellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond repute

My eldest is 14 and I won't pretend it has been easy for her, it hasn't. Her first day at school was HELL! But shes now easing herself into it (only just starting 2nd week)
I would recommend what I did with mine and don't make the move forever. Tell her that in a couple of years time (once she's finished school) she will be old enough to go back if she wants! Tell her that as long as she is going back to College\Uni or has some kind of plan to either work or study when she goes back then you will support her! Mine has moments of hating me but you know what? That would happen wherever we are because shes a 14 TEENAGE GIRL and as such has the divine right to be a hormonal pain in the arxe if she wants to be
Old Oct 15th 2006, 11:45 pm
Forum Regular

steve & Heather is a jewel in the roughsteve & Heather is a jewel in the roughsteve & Heather is a jewel in the roughsteve & Heather is a jewel in the rough

Hi
We can relate to this. our daughter is 15 and when she attended cleveland High she was threatened, ball thrown in her face etc. Came home very upset and wanting to go home and refusing to go back to school.

This went on for 3 weeks we finally got her a place at Ormiston College. Now it has all changed she has friends here, loves the school and has not mentioned going back for a week now. Not even talked about old friends back home.

I hope it turns out OK for you.

Steve
Old Oct 16th 2006, 12:41 am
sullysdownunder

wayne/kerrie is a splendid one to beholdwayne/kerrie is a splendid one to beholdwayne/kerrie is a splendid one to beholdwayne/kerrie is a splendid one to beholdwayne/kerrie is a splendid one to beholdwayne/kerrie is a splendid one to beholdwayne/kerrie is a splendid one to beholdwayne/kerrie is a splendid one to beholdwayne/kerrie is a splendid one to beholdwayne/kerrie is a splendid one to beholdwayne/kerrie is a splendid one to behold

hi ya , i really know how you feel ,we have a14yrs old son and he hates it here ,we are doing all we can to get him settles but finding it so hard .

where abouts are you?

i reackon this has got to be a age thing , if your daughter wants someone to chat to on msn in the same situation then pm me .

thats applies to anyone with a grumpy teen :scared:

take care and good luck kez x
Old Oct 16th 2006, 1:20 am
Sand, sea and serenity

Milo is a jewel in the roughMilo is a jewel in the roughMilo is a jewel in the roughMilo is a jewel in the roughMilo is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Debbiex
Hello everyone. well my daughter is 14 and she wants to go back to the uk for many reasons and she been asking for her passport alot lately and i dont want to take any risks..and i know this may seem pathetic but can you please help me on ideas were to hide my daughters passport..or if you have done the same thing like were do you keep yours??? please help me out this is the best i can do
thanks debz
Hi Debbiex,

I know how hard it is with teenage daughters, I have two of them now 18 and 16, we were very lucky when we first came 3 years ago that they settled into school and made some nice friends, they have kept in touch with their English friends also by mail and e-mail. They have been on a rollercoaster, like we have, (especially with me not knowing myself whether I want to stay or not) it just takes time to settle down. Where are you living? Perhaps you can meet up with some teenagers and their parents from this site, just to show her she's not the only one going through these feelings.

We as a family chat about this whole emigrating and settling business, I have found if you involve them in everything and don't put any time limits on anything they seem to be able to cope with this. You might have to find ways in which she will enjoy living in Australia more than she did in the UK, it's hard but not impossible.

Good luck anyway, hope all works out for you soon.