Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

14th March is the day

14th March is the day

Old Feb 22nd 2005, 10:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: To the world you are one person...to one person you may be the world
logan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nice
Default 14th March is the day

Just wondered if anyone else is off in March? We found visa was granted on 17th, and we're off on 14th March to Brisbane. Had leaving party on Saturday and it was great. Furniture should arrive on 25th March.(day before my 30th :scared: ) :scared: )

So much to do, and still going through bouts of nervousness and elation, nervousness and elation etc, etc. One of the best things, was telling our friends in Oz. I'm sure they thought it'd never happen!
Old Feb 23rd 2005, 1:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Billabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really nice
Default Re: 14th March is the day

Originally Posted by logan
Just wondered if anyone else is off in March? We found visa was granted on 17th, and we're off on 14th March to Brisbane. Had leaving party on Saturday and it was great. Furniture should arrive on 25th March.(day before my 30th :scared: ) :scared: )

So much to do, and still going through bouts of nervousness and elation, nervousness and elation etc, etc. One of the best things, was telling our friends in Oz. I'm sure they thought it'd never happen!
Have a good flight and hope you enjoy it on the other side (so to speak)!!
Old Feb 23rd 2005, 6:30 am
vivi

vivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nice

We are off on the 14th as well, 1100 Heathrow- Brisbane, I will wear a carnation behind my ear!!
ViVi
Old Feb 23rd 2005, 8:28 am
BE Enthusiast

logan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nice

Originally Posted by vivi
We are off on the 14th as well, 1100 Heathrow- Brisbane, I will wear a carnation behind my ear!!
ViVi
Hello vivi, who are travelling with? We're flying BA in the evening.
Old Feb 23rd 2005, 5:38 pm
vivi

vivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nice

Hello vivi, who are travelling with? We're flying BA in the evening.
Hi Logan, Singapore Airlines as recommended by this group,
ViVi
Old Feb 23rd 2005, 5:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi Logan, Singapore Airlines as recommended by this group,
ViVi
Yeh they have a great reputation. I worked for BA, and was lucky to get free tickets, so flying to Sydney, and then cheap connection to Brissy. Have you had your leaving do? Where are you planning on living in Brissy?
Old Feb 23rd 2005, 5:58 pm
vivi

Yeh they have a great reputation. I worked for BA, and was lucky to get free tickets, so flying to Sydney, and then cheap connection to Brissy. Have you had your leaving do? Where are you planning on living in Brissy?
We are going to be about 1 hr commute from Brissie, its really strange not knowing where! Hubbies company are putting us up in an aparment/hotel for a few weeks, then we will suss the area, to find rental before we decide to buy.......unless the dream house comes up! How are you feeling, we are still quite numb, excited but blase( is that how you spell it?) Where are you headed?
ViVi
Old Feb 23rd 2005, 6:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

We are going to be about 1 hr commute from Brissie, its really strange not knowing where! Hubbies company are putting us up in an aparment/hotel for a few weeks, then we will suss the area, to find rental before we decide to buy.......unless the dream house comes up! How are you feeling, we are still quite numb, excited but blase( is that how you spell it?) Where are you headed?
ViVi
Well I lived in North Brisbane as a kid, and that's where we've looked when we've been on holiday. I have a friend in Bracken Ridge, and 2 older friends in the Redcliffe area. It's been kinda hard finding out an expected salary, but we know the size of property/land we'd like, and are prepared to go a bit further out up to Petrie, Burpengary, Narangba area so as to afford it.

We're excited, then nervous etc etc all day pretty much! It's just so HUGE! That's my phrase for describing what we're all doing...huge!

What's your background? I'm 29 (30 next month, but not thinking about that!), other half is 27, no kids as yet but 3 cats!