Reload this Page >

140km straight road

140km straight road

Old Sep 24th 2006, 12:23 am
Forum Regular

jeeva will become famous soon enough
Default 140km straight road

Hi

I recently heard that there is a 140km dead straight hwy in Aus !!
Does anyone know in which state this is? and which hwy/fwy/motorway?

Cheers
J
Old Sep 24th 2006, 12:30 am
Timelord

DrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 140km straight road

Originally Posted by jeeva
Hi

Cheers
J
It's in South East WA, runs between Balladonia and Caiguna I think and is 146.6 Kms long

Rod
Old Sep 24th 2006, 12:32 am
BE Forum Addict

ianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Cheers
J
have a look here at post 7 (i think)
Old Sep 24th 2006, 1:52 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Cheers
J
90-odd miles dead straight across the Nullabor Plain. Plenty of radar traps for the speed-demons too.
Old Sep 24th 2006, 2:44 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Bloke
Plenty of radar traps for the speed-demons too.
Static or mobile?
Old Sep 24th 2006, 4:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Gibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Bloke
90-odd miles dead straight across the Nullabor Plain. Plenty of radar traps for the speed-demons too.
So true! Some years ago my eldest son rode his motorbike from Sydney to Perth and collected speeding tickets from every state he touched. One was from a helicopter as he went across the Nullabor!
Old Sep 24th 2006, 6:32 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: 140km straight road

Hi

Cheers
J
It's the Eyre Highway, and it's 1,675km long - of which about 147km is dead straight, with no bends whatsoever. You will use it if you travel the 2,600km from Perth to Adelaide (or vice versa).

It's a hard slog (the longest gap between petrol stations is 200km), but well worth it for the experience and scenery.

I have driven from Perth to Adelaide and back on two occasions. The only time I saw speed cameras was when I entered the suburbs at either end - though there was a cop with a radar gun in Norseman (6443).

There were no speed cameras whatsoever on the Eyre Highway, and definitely not on the Nullabor. Which is just as well, as I drove at an average speed of 130km.

Oh, and Hutch - I wasn't aware that Australia had any static speed cameras. As far as I know, they're all mobile (either Multanovas, or hand-held radar guns).

Last edited by Vash the Stampede; Sep 24th 2006 at 6:44 am.
Old Sep 24th 2006, 7:02 am
Absinthe Minded

Del Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to behold

[QUOTE=Vash the Stampede]147km is dead straight, with no bends whatsoever.

Thanks for straightening that out
Old Sep 24th 2006, 7:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede

Oh, and Hutch - I wasn't aware that Australia had any static speed cameras. As far as I know, they're all mobile (either Multanovas, or hand-held radar guns).

Static in Vic - they are all over the place.
Old Sep 24th 2006, 7:09 am
Banned

sassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to behold

you will find that when you are clocking up to and over a 1000ks a day to get anywhere in australia that the 147kms is nothing ,i couldnt even remember it when i did it .
Old Sep 24th 2006, 7:11 am
Banned

sassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to behold

It's the Eyre Highway, and it's 1,675km long - of which about 147km is dead straight, with no bends whatsoever. You will use it if you travel the 2,600km from Perth to Adelaide (or vice versa).

It's a hard slog (the longest gap between petrol stations is 200km), but well worth it for the experience and scenery.

I have driven from Perth to Adelaide and back on two occasions. The only time I saw speed cameras was when I entered the suburbs at either end - though there was a cop with a radar gun in Norseman (6443).

There were no speed cameras whatsoever on the Eyre Highway, and definitely not on the Nullabor. Which is just as well, as I drove at an average speed of 130km.

No ticket machines for me either and i have been across to melbourne and back ,didnt see one cop
Old Sep 24th 2006, 7:14 am
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sassenach
No ticket machines for me either and i have been across to melbourne and back ,didnt see one cop
But did they see you
Old Sep 24th 2006, 7:18 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Question Re: 140km straight road

Originally Posted by Ozzidoc
Static in Vic - they are all over the place.
Well, that's a bonus. At least you always know where they are.

Though I didn't see any when I was in Victoria a couple of months ago. What do they look like?
Old Sep 24th 2006, 7:26 am
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

Well, that's a bonus. At least you always know where they are.

Though I didn't see any when I was in Victoria a couple of months ago. What do they look like?
Speed Camera Locations in Australia
Old Sep 24th 2006, 7:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

I like the way they tell you on the news where the camera's are ever morning. Kinda defeats the object though doesn't it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.