Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

139 visa - bond requested today!

139 visa - bond requested today!

Old Sep 10th 2003, 5:12 pm
Forum Regular

Prestons is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 139 visa - bond requested today!

Hi

We have been notified by our agent today that Dimia has requested our bond to be lodged - I still haven't come down off the ceiling yet!!

For info, our application was lodged on 24th June and we front end loaded meds and police checks.

Just have to hurry our buyers up now & it shouldn't be too much longer until we're on our way!

Dawn
Old Sep 10th 2003, 6:37 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

24th june this year!?
Jesus i'm glad mine arrived yesterday otherwise blood would have been spilt! Just joking, well done, hope the visa arrives quickly!
Old Sep 10th 2003, 6:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

arlene is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 139 visa - bond requested today!

Originally posted by Prestons
Hi

We have been notified by our agent today that Dimia has requested our bond to be lodged - I still haven't come down off the ceiling yet!!

For info, our application was lodged on 24th June and we front end loaded meds and police checks.

Just have to hurry our buyers up now & it shouldn't be too much longer until we're on our way!

Dawn

oooh i bet you are really excited now, we applied in july but didnt front load still waiting to be asked for pcc and meds

congrats though not long now though

arlene

have a few of these to celebrate
Old Sep 10th 2003, 7:02 pm
Forum Regular

ellen fedulow is an unknown quantity at this point

i know this may sound stupid but what exactly does front loaded mean?
I am hoping to send off for my 139 visa in Jan 2004, and want it all to go as smoothly as possible, any tips would be gratefully recieved!

oh and once the bond money is in how much longer do you think it will be?

Cheers
ellen1
Old Sep 10th 2003, 7:42 pm
Forum Regular

Jamesy is an unknown quantity at this point

On the subject of the bond - we too have to place ours. Using Halewood for the currency transfer, but unsure - do we have to open up a bond with the chosen state prior to transferring?

Advice greatfully received!!

Nicki
Old Sep 10th 2003, 7:42 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Ellen, front loading means that you submit your application with the police clearence and medicals enclosed. The only risk is that if they take more than 12 months to process you, you will have to do them again.
Old Sep 10th 2003, 8:08 pm
Forum Regular

ellen fedulow is an unknown quantity at this point

Cheers, it makes sense now and may be worth doing seeing how quick some of the visa's are comming through!

ellen1
Old Sep 10th 2003, 8:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Originally posted by Jamesy
On the subject of the bond - we too have to place ours. Using Halewood for the currency transfer, but unsure - do we have to open up a bond with the chosen state prior to transferring?

Advice greatfully received!!

Nicki
Yes you have to contact the state with whom you wish to lodge the bond and they will send you the relevant paperwork. We sent them all emails and then we finally chose Queensland as they were really helpful although the interest rate was slightly lower.

There are some threads on this site that give excellent details about what you have to do. Just do a search for bonds.

Debs
Old Sep 10th 2003, 8:29 pm
Forum Regular

Hi
The bond is the $5,000.00 that the assuror has to lodge. She has to take it to her local branch of the Commonwealth Bank and make the deposit. They then give a bank guarantee and receipt for the deposit which get forwarded to Dimia. Our agent has advised that it should then all take about 3-4 weeks - although I have seen on the timeline that it can take longer.

Brissy here we come!

Best wishes everyone
Dawn
Old Sep 10th 2003, 8:48 pm
visa'd member oh yeah!

CROSSY is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Prestons
Hi

Dawn
Excellent news i shall watch with interest cos we're doing the same. Hope ours is as quick. Enjoy
Old Sep 10th 2003, 9:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh my god !!!!!!!

Just seen your post. Brilliant news

footie chick xx
Old Sep 10th 2003, 9:22 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by footie chick
Oh my god !!!!!!!

Just seen your post. Brilliant news

footie chick xx
cheers Tracie! Still can't believe it - will have the wine on ice for when you arrive!
Dawn
Old Sep 10th 2003, 9:24 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by CROSSY
Excellent news i shall watch with interest cos we're doing the same. Hope ours is as quick. Enjoy

Good luck with yours too - I didn't have much faith in the 'fast tracking' system after what I have read on here, but Dimia have proved me wrong!!
Best wishes
Dawn