Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

139 questions - when you get the visa!

139 questions - when you get the visa!

Old Jul 13th 2006, 1:56 pm
Forum Regular

neepneeps is a name known to allneepneeps is a name known to allneepneeps is a name known to allneepneeps is a name known to allneepneeps is a name known to allneepneeps is a name known to allneepneeps is a name known to allneepneeps is a name known to allneepneeps is a name known to allneepneeps is a name known to allneepneeps is a name known to all
Default 139 questions - when you get the visa!

hi everyone, i just have some queries, its just my relationship is very rocky at the moment (which i am so sad about) I am just trying to think logically about my visa now. (have had ack for 139 and just waiting for next part). this is my worries:

1. do you have to travel to Oz and validate your visas together, at the same time?

2. What happens if after you validate/ are given your visa you split up?

3. What happens to your bond if only one of you is in the country and the other person is not living there?

please help! thanks xxx
Old Jul 13th 2006, 3:15 pm
The Analog Kid

sa-redback has a reputation beyond reputesa-redback has a reputation beyond reputesa-redback has a reputation beyond reputesa-redback has a reputation beyond reputesa-redback has a reputation beyond reputesa-redback has a reputation beyond reputesa-redback has a reputation beyond reputesa-redback has a reputation beyond reputesa-redback has a reputation beyond reputesa-redback has a reputation beyond reputesa-redback has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 139 questions - when you get the visa!

Originally Posted by neepneeps
hi everyone, i just have some queries, its just my relationship is very rocky at the moment (which i am so sad about) I am just trying to think logically about my visa now. (have had ack for 139 and just waiting for next part). this is my worries:

1. do you have to travel to Oz and validate your visas together, at the same time?

3. What happens to your bond if only one of you is in the country and the other person is not living there?

please help! thanks xxx
Hi neepneeps
so sorry to read your thread i hope all goes ok for you
i dont know the answerer to 2 and 3 but for no 1
the main applicant needs to enter the country first the other applicant can follow and it does not need to be at the same time.
hope this is of help and other can answer the other questions
Old Jul 13th 2006, 3:41 pm
Forum Regular

neepneeps is a name known to allneepneeps is a name known to allneepneeps is a name known to allneepneeps is a name known to allneepneeps is a name known to allneepneeps is a name known to allneepneeps is a name known to allneepneeps is a name known to allneepneeps is a name known to allneepneeps is a name known to allneepneeps is a name known to all

thanks! well thats one answered!! can anyone help me with the other questions!? xxxxx
Old Jul 13th 2006, 3:54 pm
Look at moi!!!

Weasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear you're having problems.

Regarding the bond. Since that is lodged by your assurer I assume it's returned to your assurer. I suppose you and your partner would have to sort out what happens to it after that.

Not sure about no 2 although I THINK that not much would happen as you will both have PR visas...

Lou
xx

please help! thanks xxx
Old Jul 13th 2006, 4:01 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Lou! Yes its my partner whose family are lodging the bond and acting as assurers, so that would be returned to them. Whatever happens we are in it together and will remain friends so that issues like that can be sorted out nicely!

thanks for all your help everyone- if anybod has any other advice please let me know! x
Old Jul 13th 2006, 4:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

stevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to behold

Thanks Lou! Yes its my partner whose family are lodging the bond and acting as assurers, so that would be returned to them. Whatever happens we are in it together and will remain friends so that issues like that can be sorted out nicely!

thanks for all your help everyone- if anybod has any other advice please let me know! x
I am so sorry to here this, maybe it is all the stress, I do hope things turn out OK.

I must admit what happens after you get your 139 is of interest to me as well. I am main applicant and it is my family that is sponsoring us. I have just acquired a good job and I wondered if we all entered the country, could my family i.e husband and children stay in Oz and I return and finish my contract. This would allow my children to start school, my husband to set up house and get us organised whilst I still have money coming in. This is not ideal but would give us breathing space to settle without the stress of finding jobs and settling kids in all at once.

I am so sorry about your situation and I hope that someone can clarify the applicants rights after the visa has been granted. Is your partner the main applicant or yourself. I know your partners family sponsored you but I am sure the issue would be who is the main applicant not who is sponsor related to?

I hope you can work this out and whether it is together as partners or friends you can start your new future.

Cheryl
Old Jul 13th 2006, 4:27 pm
Look at moi!!!

Weasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Cheryl

Yes, you would be able to do that - just make sure you go back while your visa's still valid

Lou
xx

Originally Posted by stevensfamily
I am so sorry to here this, maybe it is all the stress, I do hope things turn out OK.

I must admit what happens after you get your 139 is of interest to me as well. I am main applicant and it is my family that is sponsoring us. I have just acquired a good job and I wondered if we all entered the country, could my family i.e husband and children stay in Oz and I return and finish my contract. This would allow my children to start school, my husband to set up house and get us organised whilst I still have money coming in. This is not ideal but would give us breathing space to settle without the stress of finding jobs and settling kids in all at once.

I am so sorry about your situation and I hope that someone can clarify the applicants rights after the visa has been granted. Is your partner the main applicant or yourself. I know your partners family sponsored you but I am sure the issue would be who is the main applicant not who is sponsor related to?

I hope you can work this out and whether it is together as partners or friends you can start your new future.

Cheryl
Old Jul 13th 2006, 4:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

lisa and greg is a name known to alllisa and greg is a name known to alllisa and greg is a name known to alllisa and greg is a name known to alllisa and greg is a name known to alllisa and greg is a name known to alllisa and greg is a name known to alllisa and greg is a name known to alllisa and greg is a name known to alllisa and greg is a name known to alllisa and greg is a name known to all

Cheryl

Hi Cheryl

Lou is right, once you validate your visa you can enter and leave Australia whenever you like but you must settle there within the 5 years before your visa expires.
Old Jul 13th 2006, 4:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

stevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by charles.edington
Hi Cheryl

Yes, you would be able to do that - just make sure you go back while your visa's still valid

Lou
xx
Lou,

I have e-mailed Niki, as yet again I had no response this weekend. I am sure she would love to meet you as she is that sort of person but I feel bad about giving out her number without her OK, hope you understand. I will keep trying, do you think you will log on on Sat morning before you go, if so I will e-mail you then. I so want you to meet Niki as she is the sort of person you need to know as being ex military family we are used to helping people we just meet with settling into new area. Niki is such an organised person as well so she has already met half of Adelaide and has loads of contacts to get things done. I know you have family but sometimes they have a single viewpoint because they are family whereas you can get alternative from a stranger.

I do hope you can meet her because she will be a star when you move over.

Oh and by the way even though once validated we can move over when ever within the 5 years, can I come back on my own and Garry and the kids stay there within that period. I may stay here for up to a year (probably 6/8 months) but Kate will be 12 in December 07 so needs to be there to start school in Feb 08. Garry finishes in Oct 07 but my job is contracted from Sep/Oct 06 until Oct 09 so I would like to do about two years so would come back here on my own from Oct/Nov 07 until Aug 08.

Cheryl

Chel
Old Jul 13th 2006, 5:44 pm
Look at moi!!!

Hi Cheryl

We'll have internet access in Oz so whenever you hear from Niki I'll be checking in most days. She does sound like someone who would be great to meet.

Regarding your question both Lisa and I meant that yes, you can come back on your own. I know of a couple of families who have done it. I just meant for you to make sure you're back in Oz before your visa expires or you would have a very long wait to join your family

Lou
xx

Lou,

I have e-mailed Niki, as yet again I had no response this weekend. I am sure she would love to meet you as she is that sort of person but I feel bad about giving out her number without her OK, hope you understand. I will keep trying, do you think you will log on on Sat morning before you go, if so I will e-mail you then. I so want you to meet Niki as she is the sort of person you need to know as being ex military family we are used to helping people we just meet with settling into new area. Niki is such an organised person as well so she has already met half of Adelaide and has loads of contacts to get things done. I know you have family but sometimes they have a single viewpoint because they are family whereas you can get alternative from a stranger.

I do hope you can meet her because she will be a star when you move over.

Oh and by the way even though once validated we can move over when ever within the 5 years, can I come back on my own and Garry and the kids stay there within that period. I may stay here for up to a year (probably 6/8 months) but Kate will be 12 in December 07 so needs to be there to start school in Feb 08. Garry finishes in Oct 07 but my job is contracted from Sep/Oct 06 until Oct 09 so I would like to do about two years so would come back here on my own from Oct/Nov 07 until Aug 08.

Cheryl

Chel
Old Jul 13th 2006, 6:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

brian0 is a jewel in the roughbrian0 is a jewel in the roughbrian0 is a jewel in the roughbrian0 is a jewel in the rough

It's a good thing that your partner is still committed to going to Oz because if they were not then you might be out of luck as well. The rules for your visa will be that you will need to enter Australia AFTER the main applicant, which is your partner. If they were to decide to stay in the UK and not move at all then you would not be able to enter Australia and get your PR status. Once you do validate though there is no tie between you and your partner required any longer. Your visa is valid just as your partner's will be for the 5 year term.

The key with sponsored visas is that the person with the relationship MUST be the main applicant even if they are not the person who meets the skills requirements. Thus if your partner as the has the relationship then they are in control of the validation process - you can't enter until they do otherwise you're visa becomes invalid I believe.

Good Luck!
Brian

Old Jul 13th 2006, 7:17 pm
Can't wait!

utopia has a reputation beyond reputeutopia has a reputation beyond reputeutopia has a reputation beyond reputeutopia has a reputation beyond reputeutopia has a reputation beyond reputeutopia has a reputation beyond reputeutopia has a reputation beyond reputeutopia has a reputation beyond reputeutopia has a reputation beyond reputeutopia has a reputation beyond reputeutopia has a reputation beyond repute

please help! thanks xxx
I am so sorry to hear about your relationship...
Could it possibly be just the stress of immigrating as it does add alot of stress to any relationship. Even the strongest relationships can faultier.
The fact that its an unknown country, new jobs,environment, people,friends.
Also if you both have children, that adds its own stresses in life.

Hope it works out though :-)
Old Jul 14th 2006, 5:37 am
BE Enthusiast

lisa and greg is a name known to alllisa and greg is a name known to alllisa and greg is a name known to alllisa and greg is a name known to alllisa and greg is a name known to alllisa and greg is a name known to alllisa and greg is a name known to alllisa and greg is a name known to alllisa and greg is a name known to alllisa and greg is a name known to alllisa and greg is a name known to all

Regarding your question both Lisa and I meant that yes, you can come back on your own. I know of a couple of families who have done it. I just meant for you to make sure you're back in Oz before your visa expires or you would have a very long wait to join your family

Lou
xx[/QUOTE]

Hi Cheryl

I hope everything works out for you regarding your relationship and also you intended move. We are a similar situation, as we are hoping that we can go out and validate our visa's and the OH is coming back to finish off his time in the RAF.

If we go out hopefully for November then that means he will have year back here before he is discharged, then he will move over to Australia for good.

Good luck with everything.
Old Jul 14th 2006, 7:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lisa and greg

Lou
xx

Hi Cheryl

I hope everything works out for you regarding your relationship and also you intended move. We are a similar situation, as we are hoping that we can go out and validate our visa's and the OH is coming back to finish off his time in the RAF.

If we go out hopefully for November then that means he will have year back here before he is discharged, then he will move over to Australia for good.

Good luck with everything.[/QUOTE]

Hi Lisa,

Relationship is fantastic 16 years of happy marriage and great friendship. Garry is in Iraq at the moment and I am missing him like mad. We are thinking of him moving over initially without me for a little while as I can keep income coming in which will take pressure off, but this is not definite as we hate being separate and money is not priority. Garry finishes his 22 years in Army in July but has to serve until October to get pension at increased rank (he needs two years in rank to get higher pension). Garry has been given 4 years extended service if he wants it but our main aim is to get him out and settle our eldest in school at 12 (start of secondary education in Oz). We have two children and Kate our eldest has had 7 schools and is only 10 so both our kids need to have a home life now. I have recently secured a Civil Servants post which means good money in Germany and free housing. It would be great to do a couple of years and although money is not a big issue it would be a nice little bit under our belt to help settle in Oz( and maybe take time out to really travel our new country).

Where is your hubby posted at the moment?

Cheryl

Last edited by stevensfamily; Jul 14th 2006 at 7:48 pm.
Old Jul 15th 2006, 7:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi Cheryl

We are at Lyneham as hubby flys on the Hercules planes. His discharge date isn't until May 08 but with leave etc he will actually be finished by Dec 07 which is when he wants to move over permanently. That will take him up to his 22 year point which like your OH is pensionable.

Like you I want to get the children settled in Australia so they can start their new lives as soon as possible, although mine are 15, 13 and 10. When does your hubby get back from Iraq?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.