Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

137 stni visa advice

137 stni visa advice

Old Sep 26th 2006, 9:26 am
jon&a mp;kate

jon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud of
Question 137 stni visa advice

We have decided to go for the 137 stni visa for ACT.I have the forms but am unclear as to how we get evidence of our finances.It states you need $50,000 for initial settlement and this will be no problem as when we sell the house we will have over £50000 so about $115,000.Any ideas how we can prove this for the forms?????? Also it say's we must give reasons why we want to live in ACT.I have looked into it on the net and contacted various printing companies regarding employment of which one has made contact and asked i stay in touch and let them know how things progress.Anybody aware of what research we should do.Im thinking schools and stuff like that?????Any help would be great.
Old Sep 26th 2006, 9:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 137 stni visa advice

Originally Posted by jon&kate
We have decided to go for the 137 stni visa for ACT.I have the forms but am unclear as to how we get evidence of our finances.It states you need $50,000 for initial settlement and this will be no problem as when we sell the house we will have over £50000 so about $115,000.Any ideas how we can prove this for the forms?????? Also it say's we must give reasons why we want to live in ACT.I have looked into it on the net and contacted various printing companies regarding employment of which one has made contact and asked i stay in touch and let them know how things progress.Anybody aware of what research we should do.Im thinking schools and stuff like that?????Any help would be great.

Maybe a valuation of you house and a mortgage statement showing what you owe would do for proof of finance.

For the other bits, there are other people with more insight that can advise you much better than me
Old Sep 26th 2006, 9:32 am
jon&a mp;kate

jon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Wendy
Maybe a valuation of you house and a mortgage statement showing what you owe would do for proof of finance.

For the other bits, there are other people with more insight that can advise you much better than me
so maybe just get estate agent round????
Old Sep 26th 2006, 9:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

so maybe just get estate agent round????

Yes, that should be enough I would think. Especially since DIMA tell you not to sell your house until you have the Visa
Old Sep 26th 2006, 9:39 am
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, I agree with Wendy re providing evidence of funds. We recently applied for STNI with Victoria but we didn't have to prove funds, just give a figure.

As for evidence of why you want to live there, we described how I'd visited Melbourne before and loved it, also, my OH spent a lot of time job searching and provided testimonial type comments from some of the agencies/employers he spoke to. I think (could be wrong) that this helped showed our commitment to the area as we did spend a LOT of time doing this. We didn't actually go as far as mentioning schools etc. as that's not something we think we can decide upon until we arrive.

Melbourne always was our preferred destination in Australia, and as it has transpired, STNI to there was our only route to PR at present so we were/are eternally grateful to be accepted.

Good luck
Old Sep 26th 2006, 10:24 am
jon&a mp;kate

Originally Posted by herrchook
Hi, I agree with Wendy re providing evidence of funds. We recently applied for STNI with Victoria but we didn't have to prove funds, just give a figure.

As for evidence of why you want to live there, we described how I'd visited Melbourne before and loved it, also, my OH spent a lot of time job searching and provided testimonial type comments from some of the agencies/employers he spoke to. I think (could be wrong) that this helped showed our commitment to the area as we did spend a LOT of time doing this. We didn't actually go as far as mentioning schools etc. as that's not something we think we can decide upon until we arrive.

Melbourne always was our preferred destination in Australia, and as it has transpired, STNI to there was our only route to PR at present so we were/are eternally grateful to be accepted.

Good luck
Never been to ACT although have been to oz twice.I have e-mailed a printing company in canberra and they have asked me to stay in touch with them as things progress.We are just not sure what info to gather