Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

136 visa, I need proof of past job.......

136 visa, I need proof of past job.......

Old Sep 19th 2005, 8:28 pm
visa granted 16/5/06

soonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond repute
Default 136 visa, I need proof of past job.......

Has anyone had a situation where their past employer 'is no longer' ie company gone bump, and passed the visa process, i need to prove I worked somewhere (I have 9 months of 24 months payslips) its only 3 years ago, but because I am doing a different job to the one I have got my TRA on, I need proof of experience in this role. I have managed to track down an old boss who will do a reference letter for me, but I'm now worried that I cant properly proove the length of service in my previous job! Any tips???
Old Sep 19th 2005, 8:41 pm
Just Joined

clotje is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 136 visa, I need proof of past job.......

Hiya,
This is from the DIMIA site. Requirements for your reference. Your old boss should include those details. Hope that helps.

Your work experience references must:

be written on the official letterhead of the company or government department providing the reference
the letterhead should indicate clearly the full address of the company and any telephone, fax numbers, e-mail and website addresses
the name and position of the person authorised to sign the employment reference should be typed or stamped below that person's signature – a reference with an illegible signature will not be accepted
the direct contact number of the person writing the reference should be included in the letter
the letter should indicate the exact period of employment, including whether permanent or temporary, full or part-time, position/s held, the main five duties undertaken, and the salary earned – positions should not be described by generic titles (eg research officer, public servant) but according to the nature of the duties undertaken (eg research chemist, accounts clerk)
a payslip from your current employment should also be included – this is especially important for applicants working in government departments.
Other documents which may assist you in evidencing your work experience claims could include, but are not limited to:

contracts
pay slips
tax returns
group certificates
Old Sep 20th 2005, 3:21 am
Gone for Good

binky has much to be proud ofbinky has much to be proud ofbinky has much to be proud ofbinky has much to be proud ofbinky has much to be proud ofbinky has much to be proud ofbinky has much to be proud ofbinky has much to be proud ofbinky has much to be proud ofbinky has much to be proud ofbinky has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by soonbethere
Has anyone had a situation where their past employer 'is no longer' ie company gone bump, and passed the visa process, i need to prove I worked somewhere (I have 9 months of 24 months payslips) its only 3 years ago, but because I am doing a different job to the one I have got my TRA on, I need proof of experience in this role. I have managed to track down an old boss who will do a reference letter for me, but I'm now worried that I cant properly proove the length of service in my previous job! Any tips???
I had to get a reference from an old boss who no longer worked for the company. He detailed the work I had done and the length of time there, etc. He couldn't obviously print the letter on company headed paper as he no longer worked there so he stapled his current business card to the letter and gave me that. Skills assessment passed with no questions asked.
Old Sep 20th 2005, 4:29 am
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute

We had this situation for my hubbys TRA

We got around it by doing the following:

1. Got a printout from www.companieshouse.gov.uk of the company history which showed the date it closed down
2. Did a stat dec detailing the dates worked there and the duties undertaken in the role.

To bolster your claim, you could also get a letter from an ex-colleague or ex-boss saying that they knew hubby from when he worked at the company from date X to date Y.
Claire
Old Sep 20th 2005, 6:41 am
visa granted 16/5/06

soonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks everyone, I think its a good idea to get an ex colleague to write something too, company letterhead is always going to be a problem with the co being 'no longer'
thanks

QUOTE=Jonahs_mummy]We had this situation for my hubbys TRA

We got around it by doing the following:

1. Got a printout from www.companieshouse.gov.uk of the company history which showed the date it closed down
2. Did a stat dec detailing the dates worked there and the duties undertaken in the role.

To bolster your claim, you could also get a letter from an ex-colleague or ex-boss saying that they knew hubby from when he worked at the company from date X to date Y.
Claire[/QUOTE]