Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

136 Skilled Indep.

136 Skilled Indep.

Old Aug 15th 2003, 9:56 am
Forum Regular

itsasecret is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 136 Skilled Indep.

Sending my Visa Application today, can someone please tell me how long i would expect to wait to get a request for medicals etc..
and is your visa "always" valid from 1 year from medical/police check which ever comes 1st?? I know someone who had less than a year, why is this.. Many Thanks.

Ps. The visa is skilled 136 independent , I have just had confirmatin that my skills are ok, and we are hoping to goto Queensland.
Old Aug 15th 2003, 10:03 am
Forum Regular

Jo Cousins will become famous soon enough

Hiya

Just from personal experience, and i am sure that everyone is different, it took around 5 months until we heard back to get the nod to go ahead and do our medicals and police forms. I think it can vary though - might be more, might be less. As for dates of your visa being valid as far as i am aware it is done on your medicals and police forms....

jo
Old Aug 15th 2003, 10:04 am
Forum Regular

Jo Cousins will become famous soon enough

Hiya

Just from personal experience, and i am sure that everyone is different, it took around 5 months until we heard back to get the nod to go ahead and do our medicals and police forms. I think it can vary though - might be more, might be less. As for dates of your visa being valid as far as i am aware it is done on your medicals and police forms....

jo
Old Aug 15th 2003, 10:05 am
Hussy

mika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: 136 Skilled Indep.

Hello itsasecret

Originally posted by itsasecret
Sending my Visa Application today, can someone please tell me how long i would expect to wait to get a request for medicals etc..
The time varies drastically, but 9 months seems to be about average.

[i]and is your visa "always" valid from 1 year from medical/police check which ever comes 1st?? I know someone who had less than a year, why is this.. Many Thanks.
No, your visa is valid for 5 years. The first entry date (you must enter Australia before this date) is usually one year from the date of your police certificates or medicals, whichever is earlier. Sometimes this is different for no real reason.

If you have to sign a health undertaking (if you have an illness that Autralia would like to keep an eye on) then your first entry date is likely to be 6 months from the date of your medicals.
[i]
Ps. The visa is skilled 136 independent , I have just had confirmatin that my skills are ok, and we are hoping to goto Queensland.
Congratulations on getting your skills assesment, and good luck with the rest of your applications.

cheers

Mel
Old Aug 15th 2003, 10:17 am
Just Joined

mumfie is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi We sent our application form in last October and our medicals we in march, we then got our visas through in Early August. Good luck i really hope you give it a good go and succeed. What are your reasons for emigrating and are some of these people on this site hell bent on putting you off!!

The majority of people on this site are really helpful and some have just got big chips on their shoulders. Life is far too short for hassle go for it.

Mumfie
Old Aug 15th 2003, 10:27 am
Forum Regular

Thanks guys,

I think if i aim for 9months for medicals i wont be far off i guess, and if it comes earlier its panic time.

mumfie,
Im leaving because i want a fresh start, I have a baby daughter and want to bring her up in a safer environment and enjoy the good weather. My job is dead end and to be honest im looking forward to doing something new if possible, the town I work in is very bad IMOH, I wont tell you where it is but someone on this thread lives their too. Ive been to Australia before and loved it, although it was just for a holiday.

I know its going to be tough, but im financialy secure for well over 2 years if I dont find a job and im looking forward to the challenge. People on this site sometimes make me think , there is a lot of negatives, at one time i swore i was never going to look at this site again.!! but i cant help myself. There is some nice people on here too, and they make it worth while when i read their posts. I really like reading the threads of people who have just landed and what their experiences are so far.

Old Aug 15th 2003, 10:30 am
Hussy

mika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks guys,

I think if i aim for 9months for medicals i wont be far off i guess, and if it comes earlier its panic time.

mumfie,
Im leaving because i want a fresh start, I have a baby daughter and want to bring her up in a safer environment and enjoy the good weather. My job is dead end and to be honest im looking forward to doing something new if possible, the town I work in is very bad IMOH, I wont tell you where it is but someone on this thread lives their too. Ive been to Australia before and loved it, although it was just for a holiday.

I know its going to be tough, but im financialy secure for well over 2 years if I dont find a job and im looking forward to the challenge. People on this site sometimes make me think , there is a lot of negatives, at one time i swore i was never going to look at this site again.!! but i cant help myself. There is some nice people on here too, and they make it worth while when i read their posts. I really like reading the threads of people who have just landed and what their experiences are so far.

Hello again

out of interest, what is your occupation?

Mel
Old Aug 15th 2003, 10:35 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by mika24me
Hello again

out of interest, what is your occupation?

Mel
All these questions Mel...

I work in Telecoms, but oz are having a tougher time than us, so its a bit silly that oz have these skills on their TRA list, but dont tell them i told you....... I plan to work in the same field, but on some different technologies, if not ill just work for myself selling my body or something.. lol (ps im a man.)
Old Aug 15th 2003, 11:12 am
Hussy

All these questions Mel...

I work in Telecoms, but oz are having a tougher time than us, so its a bit silly that oz have these skills on their TRA list, but dont tell them i told you....... I plan to work in the same field, but on some different technologies, if not ill just work for myself selling my body or something.. lol (ps im a man.)
Sorry, I am just really nosey. I think your name set off my imagination! I love secrets!

I had thought the the Telecoms industry was quite strong in Australia at the moment - guess I must have picked it up wrongly.

Good luck anyway

Mel