Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

136 Skilled Ind Feb Applicants - should we chase Application?

136 Skilled Ind Feb Applicants - should we chase Application?

Old Jan 21st 2005, 1:46 pm
Forum Regular

johnkay is a jewel in the roughjohnkay is a jewel in the roughjohnkay is a jewel in the roughjohnkay is a jewel in the roughjohnkay is a jewel in the rough
Default 136 Skilled Ind Feb Applicants - should we chase Application?

Our 50 weeks is up on 10th February, and we have heard nothing since March when we recieved confirmation of our application for 26th Feb.

Postman been this morning - still nothing!
Should we be worried? Should we contact DIMIA?
I see that March applicants are starting to hear - but we have not.
We front loaded (or rather the doc who did them) our meds in September, but we have not sent police checks.

I know we have waited this long so a few more days/weeks won't make much difference but what if something has been lost in the post? I would kick myself if I did not chase it up. We have not used an agent, so I would have to do it.

Can anyone who is or has been in a similar situation offer advice, I do not want to upset anyone at DIMIA.

Many Thanks
Old Jan 21st 2005, 1:54 pm
Phoenixuk2oz

Default Re: 136 Skilled Ind Feb Applicants - should we chase Application?

Originally Posted by johnkay
Our 50 weeks is up on 10th February, and we have heard nothing since March when we recieved confirmation of our application for 26th Feb.

We front loaded (or rather the doc who did them) our meds in September, but we have not sent police checks.

I know we have waited this long so a few more days/weeks won't make much difference but what if something has been lost in the post? I would kick myself if I did not chase it up. We have not used an agent, so I would have to do it.

Can anyone who is or has been in a similar situation offer advice, I do not want to upset anyone at DIMIA.

Many Thanks
DIMIA only get upset if people pester them. You sound like you have a genuine concern for the whereabouts of your application. You want to know where you stand and this sounds reasonable given the timescales. Put your mind at rest. Give em a ring

Old Jan 21st 2005, 2:43 pm
Pej
Forum Regular

Pej is just really nicePej is just really nicePej is just really nicePej is just really nicePej is just really nicePej is just really nicePej is just really nicePej is just really nicePej is just really nicePej is just really nicePej is just really nice

Many Thanks
I see from austimeline that there are a couple of applicants who applied a few days before you that are still waiting for med requests.

http://www.austimeline.com/austime/a...pp.jsp?id=1345
http://www.austimeline.com/austime/a...pp.jsp?id=1356

I'd certainly wait a bit longer before contacting them.

It seems like ASPC are looking at very late Feb & early March at the moment. Your letter could easily be in the post. I think that the March applicants who have been contacted have been done so through their agents, and may just have received communication a bit quicker.
Old Jan 21st 2005, 3:11 pm
Phoenixuk2oz

Great. one says contact DIMIA the other says not. Neither is right or wrong.
Confused?.....you will be

OK....so you choose

Old Jan 21st 2005, 3:46 pm
Happy Daddy

markeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant future

Hiya,
our's took just under a year and we front loaded meds & police check.

Postman watching becomes quite a hobby! and all they tend to bring is bills

I would get the police check done & have it ready to send off when it is requested.
Give them a call if you like & see where it is etc.

Regards
Mark
Old Jan 21st 2005, 9:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

desperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to all

Many Thanks
Getting through to DIMIA isnt so easy(see post INFO FOR PRE JULY) Wait a few more days your reply is probably on its way right now.
Old Jan 22nd 2005, 9:27 am
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute

Im with Phoenix on this - DIMIA do not mind you asking them politely for an update either by email if you have case officers email or by phone to their enquiry line.

If you dont have case officers email you can phone the enquiry line with your d.o.b. and name and they'lll look your case up and if you ask they will tell you the file id and hte case officer name & email.

Dont moan, Dont complain, just ask for information politely and they wont be upset at all. They are humans working in an office in government processing tons of paperwork - thats all... so be polite and dont complain and you'll be fine.

oh yeah - and you're paying them like nearly £1000 to do some work for you ( process your application) .... get typing !
Old Jan 22nd 2005, 9:34 am

lynnlovessun is an unknown quantity at this point

If that is 50 weeks, does that mean that you will have to repeat your medicals soon? Either that or you might only have 2 weeks to validate because I thought meds were only valid for a year?

Good luck and I hope you hear something very soon.

Lynn
Old Jan 22nd 2005, 3:34 pm
Forum Regular

johnkay is a jewel in the roughjohnkay is a jewel in the roughjohnkay is a jewel in the roughjohnkay is a jewel in the roughjohnkay is a jewel in the rough
Thumbs up Re: 136 Skilled Ind Feb Applicants - should we chase Application?

Guess What ?

We got our Police check request from Oz this morning - finally?

Glad I did not ring, but they did cut it fine.

They acknowledged receipt of our meds so just have to send police checks, which I have ready to go, and confirmation of no changes to our application.

Do they let you know if your meds have passed inspection, or is it just a case of moving on to the next stage, which for us would be the request for the investment bond?

I can relax this weekend now - thank goodness!
Old Jan 22nd 2005, 3:39 pm
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

Guess What ?

They acknowledged receipt of our meds so just have to send police checks, which I have ready to go, and confirmation of no changes to our application.

Do they let you know if your meds have passed inspection, or is it just a case of moving on to the next stage, which for us would be the request for the investment bond?

Hi johnkay,
Our doctor was great and told us whether things were ok or not. Hopefully yours will do the same for you. Good luck.
Sarah
Old Jan 22nd 2005, 4:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

desperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to all

Guess What ?

Excellent news- you are almost there
Old Jan 24th 2005, 2:26 am
Emz
Just Joined

Emz is on a distinguished road

Many Thanks

Just thought I'd respond to your thread and maybe put your mind at rest?

We applied skilled independent in December (30th) 2003, didn't use a migration agent either. We received a request for meds dated October (but we didn't get them until November) so we had them done asap and sent them in over Xmas.... We just heard last week and were approved!

So our timeline was almost 13months - I'm sure it's worth dropping DIMIA an email but your timeline so far doesn't seem unusual.

Hope that helps?

Emz
Old Jan 24th 2005, 8:14 am
Pej
Forum Regular

Pej is just really nicePej is just really nicePej is just really nicePej is just really nicePej is just really nicePej is just really nicePej is just really nicePej is just really nicePej is just really nicePej is just really nicePej is just really nice
Talking Re: 136 Skilled Ind Feb Applicants - should we chase Application?

Guess What ?

Great news! I thought it might be in the post.

I don't think they give you specific confirmation that your meds are OK, but assuming that the doctor didn't mention anything to you I'd be expecting the bond request very soon.
Old Feb 4th 2005, 1:20 pm
Forum Regular

windaelicker is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Emz
Just thought I'd respond to your thread and maybe put your mind at rest?

We applied skilled independent in December (30th) 2003, didn't use a migration agent either. We received a request for meds dated October (but we didn't get them until November) so we had them done asap and sent them in over Xmas.... We just heard last week and were approved!

So our timeline was almost 13months - I'm sure it's worth dropping DIMIA an email but your timeline so far doesn't seem unusual.

Hope that helps?

Emz
Hi Emz

So can u confirm for me that is was around 4 weeks after sending in your meds that u were approved as am desperate to tell my boss where to put his job, oh and bye the way ours went off 2 weeks ago and we are eager to find out how much longer we have to wait.

Thanks

G
Old Feb 4th 2005, 1:45 pm
Emz
Just Joined

Emz is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by windaelicker
Hi Emz

So can u confirm for me that is was around 4 weeks after sending in your meds that u were approved as am desperate to tell my boss where to put his job, oh and bye the way ours went off 2 weeks ago and we are eager to find out how much longer we have to wait.

Thanks

G
We sent our meds in just before Xmas and were approved 19th Jan - so from meds to approval was about 3 weeks. But we received our initial OK via email, if you're relying on the post it may take longer...
Hang in there

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.