Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

12 weeks -> 100k$ Bond Letter

12 weeks -> 100k$ Bond Letter

Old Jan 14th 2005, 1:41 pm
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute
Default 12 weeks -> 100k$ Bond Letter

Got our bond letter today , requesting 100k$ for the 5 points. This kinda implies we're going!.

Timeline is pretty short - just about 3mths from application to Bond Request.

DIMIA received our app 28th October., Front loaded with Medicals, and PCC's.

No contact until phoned DIMIA advice line 2 days ago - gave us case officer name + file numer.

Emailed CO , just to say we were moving house soon (sold !). - they replied with the bond letter!!

The bond letter gives 70 days to complete lodgement of the bond. I always thought it was 40 but its actually 70, they state that they "assume" you receive the letter 17 days after it was dated by DIMIA.

I know everyone says dont email your case officer etc , dont phone dimia,etc, however, I think that if you are polite, that if you ask them reasonable questions and only ask them when the 'normal' time frames have expired then you'll get the help you need. Dont ask them trivial stuff either!.

Im not MODL - did it all DIY no agent, really chuffed. And in the same frame of mind as everyone else now - we've got completion on house in mid-feb so theoretically could jump on a plane and get gone.!.

I dont know wether we got processed quicker because I have AIM which is a rare-ish skills assesment and really tough ,maybe they get less detailed review or something who knows.. But really really pleased.
Old Jan 14th 2005, 4:14 pm
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: 12 weeks -> 100k$ Bond Letter

Originally Posted by spalen
Got our bond letter today , requesting 100k$ for the 5 points. This kinda implies we're going!.

Timeline is pretty short - just about 3mths from application to Bond Request.

DIMIA received our app 28th October., Front loaded with Medicals, and PCC's.

No contact until phoned DIMIA advice line 2 days ago - gave us case officer name + file numer.

Emailed CO , just to say we were moving house soon (sold !). - they replied with the bond letter!!

The bond letter gives 70 days to complete lodgement of the bond. I always thought it was 40 but its actually 70, they state that they "assume" you receive the letter 17 days after it was dated by DIMIA.

I know everyone says dont email your case officer etc , dont phone dimia,etc, however, I think that if you are polite, that if you ask them reasonable questions and only ask them when the 'normal' time frames have expired then you'll get the help you need. Dont ask them trivial stuff either!.

Im not MODL - did it all DIY no agent, really chuffed. And in the same frame of mind as everyone else now - we've got completion on house in mid-feb so theoretically could jump on a plane and get gone.!.

I dont know wether we got processed quicker because I have AIM which is a rare-ish skills assesment and really tough ,maybe they get less detailed review or something who knows.. But really really pleased.
Hi Spalen,
We got our bond request on 23/12/04 but it only gives us 49 days and assumes that you received the letter 7 days after it was processed. Do you know if it is normal to have different time frames. We are going to be cutting it fine as our agent was also on hols when request came through so we didn't find out until 5th Jan. Cacking it now in case we can't get advance on mortgage in time.
Sarah
Old Jan 14th 2005, 4:18 pm
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute

Well that is strange isnt it - mine is definitely 70 days. never heard of different time periods...
Old Jan 14th 2005, 6:21 pm
Forum Regular

Corinna is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by spalen
Well that is strange isnt it - mine is definitely 70 days. never heard of different time periods...

Hi!

My bond letter arrived mid december and it says:

"A full response should be made within 70 days of receiving this letter, which is by - 3 March 2005.
You are taken to have received this letter 21 days after the date on this letter."

I thought they had set timeframes?!

Invested the moneys a week before christmas (with QLD) and received the bond certificate today.

Corinna
Old Jan 15th 2005, 8:30 am
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Corinna
Hi!

My bond letter arrived mid december and it says:

"A full response should be made within 70 days of receiving this letter, which is by - 3 March 2005.
You are taken to have received this letter 21 days after the date on this letter."

I thought they had set timeframes?!

Invested the moneys a week before christmas (with QLD) and received the bond certificate today.

Corinna
Hi Corinna,
Great news on getting bond certificate so soon. Your visa won't be long now.
Sarah
Old Jan 25th 2005, 9:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

tabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to behold
Smile Re: 12 weeks -> 100k$ Bond Letter

Hi everyone,

Just wondered how many days everyone else is seeing for payment of bond? Our PCCs and Meds were received in ASPC on 10th Jan, so assuming all is well we hope to hear the bond request coming through shortly....

Thanks guys!!!