dinner-dash is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 12 months ago did ex-pats ever have a thread like this

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=602681

if you have a recession proof job.......dont come
Old Apr 11th 2009, 12:05 pm
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 12 months ago did ex-pats ever have a thread like this

I think 12 months ago it was don't come because of the exchange rate.

I think laughing girl was making fun of people who might not come because the exchange rate was against them. Just prior to that she was laughing at people who come for the beach and weather. I think some people just like to laugh at others.
Old Apr 11th 2009, 12:40 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb Re: 12 months ago did ex-pats ever have a thread like this

I thought the main reason not to come to Australia was because of all the foreigners.
Old Apr 11th 2009, 2:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
I thought the main reason not to come to Australia was because of all the foreigners.
Old Apr 11th 2009, 3:51 pm
Forum Regular

LINZI32 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
Your not wrong there, thats whats making me move !!
Old Apr 11th 2009, 9:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Wherever I drive to after work each evening I guess
Toe Dipper has much to be proud ofToe Dipper has much to be proud ofToe Dipper has much to be proud ofToe Dipper has much to be proud ofToe Dipper has much to be proud ofToe Dipper has much to be proud ofToe Dipper has much to be proud ofToe Dipper has much to be proud ofToe Dipper has much to be proud ofToe Dipper has much to be proud ofToe Dipper has much to be proud of

Leave me alone!

It is a land of milk & honey, it is a land of milk & honey, it is a land of milk & honey.....

Soon I will believe it despite all the facts.

(Starts to rock back & fro and hums to himself)

TD
Old Apr 11th 2009, 9:55 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: 12 months ago did ex-pats ever have a thread like this

I blame the foreigners!

Old Apr 11th 2009, 9:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

BE has been hit with a severe dose of sledghammer style reality

I think many Australians should read it This article sums up why IMO.

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,27574...007146,00.html
Old Apr 11th 2009, 10:49 pm
Kingscliff NSW/QLD border

the plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to all

Reality or not ..........as long as you can sustain your self and its what you want to do.......it would'nt stop me coming...!
you might as well be out of work and building your life here as doing the same in the uk....!

all the best plumb....
Old Apr 11th 2009, 11:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

framac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jad n rich

This sounds as if it was written by Thatcher herself. Every western economy has stimulated their economy yet this piece of right wing crap slates Rudd for doing the same. Read it and use it as bog paper because thats all its good for.
Old Apr 11th 2009, 11:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by framac67
This sounds as if it was written by Thatcher herself. Every western economy has stimulated their economy yet this piece of right wing crap slates Rudd for doing the same. Read it and use it as bog paper because thats all its good for.

Its written in very simple terms to be read by the the average aussie, its not like many read the financial times is it where a far more complex report was made. So yes it could have been better written, however the point it makes will hit home when the billions borrowed have to be clawed back in. Budget soon
Old Apr 11th 2009, 11:27 pm
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

Yep it's just sour grapes. But it entertains the chattering classes. The perfect fodder for those entertained by Today Tonight and ACA.
Old Apr 11th 2009, 11:36 pm
Account Open

asprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jad n rich

"Instead of looking forward to growth, Australia, along with the rest of the world, is hunkering down for shrinkage."

who writes this *****ing b*llsh*t?? I want to strangle someone.
Old Apr 11th 2009, 11:38 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

It was written, by Piers Akerman, who is so far right, you can,t see him.....gave up reading his crap years ago.......total one sided view if its not liberal it is not good....i would like to see him and Phillip [lefty]Adams punch the crap out of each other.............mm
Old Apr 11th 2009, 11:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by mr mover
Piers Akerman
Dumbs down Financial times articles for the avg aussie media.

Many points still valid, however its badly written, easy to focus on that rather than fact a lot of what is being said is correct.

Serves purpose in aussie media, used to get message across, suits general aussie public, I imagine the Financial Times here has a slightly limited circulation