100K Bond??

Old Jun 4th 2005, 10:56 am
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute
Default 100K Bond??

Friend of a friend has had their request for their $100K bond to be lodged and this has to be done next week. Friend here in WA has just asked me how this works and I was unsure as we came in on Australian Sponsored Visa where assuror lodges bond with centerlink. I am sure they will follow correct process, but just for my own curiosity how does this work - do they have to lodge it direct from their bank account into the state treasury account or do they have to use some sort of international money transfer company (ie HIFX)??
Old Jun 4th 2005, 11:02 am
BE Forum Addict

SuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really nice
Default Re: 100K Bond??

Originally Posted by walla1
Friend of a friend has had their request for their $100K bond to be lodged and this has to be done next week. Friend here in WA has just asked me how this works and I was unsure as we came in on Australian Sponsored Visa where assuror lodges bond with centerlink. I am sure they will follow correct process, but just for my own curiosity how does this work - do they have to lodge it direct from their bank account into the state treasury account or do they have to use some sort of international money transfer company (ie HIFX)??
Hi there

I used HIFX. They bought $100k for me and invoiced me the Sterling. When I had paid them they transferred the money to the WA Treasury for me. I had to sign some forms sent to me by my CO and then forward them to the WATC. Once the WATC had received the funds and processed the paperwork, they sent the paperworkback to by CO (full circle) and visa grant followed within a month. All very straight forward.

SS
Old Jun 4th 2005, 1:10 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

The AUD100k capital investment bond and the Assurance of Support bond are two completely different things.

Jeremy
Old Jun 4th 2005, 1:22 pm
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JAJ
The AUD100k capital investment bond and the Assurance of Support bond are two completely different things.

Jeremy
That I know, as my original post states, the question is how and where do they lodge their bond?

Thanks.
Old Jun 4th 2005, 1:29 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

That I know, as my original post states, the question is how and where do they lodge their bond?

Thanks.
I think the Commonwealth Bank still operate the bond lodgement process. They should receive instructions from Centrelink (nothing is available online) about what to do.

Especially in a smaller Commonwealth Bank branch, the chances of the branch knowing nothing about the process are high, so your assurer ought to be prepared for this in advance.

The amount is usually AUD5k for a couple, charges add a few hundred extra.

State treasuries are *not* involved in the process (totally different thing).

Jeremy
Old Jun 4th 2005, 3:07 pm

Anne4Terry is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by JAJ

Jeremy
Phew!! Had a moment of panic and thought we needed to win the lottery. Someone remind me how much the Assurance of Bond is please.