Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

1000 migrants a week still 'flooding into Perth?'

1000 migrants a week still 'flooding into Perth?'

Old Aug 15th 2015, 12:35 am
Last resort... format c:/

Location: Singapore to Surfers Paradise to... Tenerife... to Gran Canaria!
astera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 1000 migrants a week still 'flooding into Perth?'

Isn't it more like overpriced crap? I mean people paying $6 for a cup of some bean drink mixed with water and milk?

Back in the day it was like 1/4 or 1/3 of the price compared to a glass of beer. And now it cost more? Seriously, $6 for something with no alcohol in it? Ain't gonna happen...
Old Aug 15th 2015, 12:48 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by astera
Isn't it more like overpriced crap? I mean people paying $6 for a cup of some bean drink mixed with water and milk?

Back in the day it was like 1/4 or 1/3 of the price compared to a glass of beer. And now it cost more? Seriously, $6 for something with no alcohol in it? Ain't gonna happen...
+1
Old Aug 15th 2015, 12:51 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Old Aug 15th 2015, 1:50 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

I take it there aren't any civet poo coffee fans here, then
Old Aug 15th 2015, 1:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Saw a TV show in the week about the most expensive foods and that Sumataran cat poo stuff featured @ 3000 quid a kilo.... Thing is when the blokes that flog the stuff in London where touting it around, they used one of these to make it.

I may get one.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vacuum_coffee_maker
Old Aug 15th 2015, 3:18 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Old Aug 15th 2015, 5:53 am
Forum Regular

swans has much to be proud ofswans has much to be proud ofswans has much to be proud ofswans has much to be proud ofswans has much to be proud ofswans has much to be proud ofswans has much to be proud ofswans has much to be proud ofswans has much to be proud ofswans has much to be proud ofswans has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by renth
I had a bit of a search and found this:

Perth is headed for a prolonged slump: Simon Pressley

"The latest figures released by Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) shows a net overseas migration figure of 3,384 for the June 2014 quarter"

So that was last year, and thats 282 migrants a week, probably even fewer this year.

Intrastate migration is negative, people going back home over east.
Never heard of this guy,but that means nothing.The main point would be does he have a better crystal ball than Jenman.Jenman swore blind house prices would fall,and they still went up.I don't think Steven Keane lives in OZ now,laughed out,did he have a better crystal ball than everybody else..

The Japanese /American that made a fortune giving the same book 5 or 6 different titles,rich dad poor dad.Buy real estate in the US,never falls in price,worked well that one didn't it.

The wonderfully mad Harry S Dent jr,first the dow would hit 36000 by2010,then it crashed .No problem,just right another book saying it will hit 5000 by the end of 2015 (very close now),the last crash and all kinds of charts proved it.Throw in some Fibonacci retracement numbers and then a bit of Elliot wave theory.If it struggles bring out the big guns, Kondratieff cycles.

What a load of bollox.

The golden rule is still the the same

Fools claim they can predict the future,bigger fools listen to them.

Geordie downunder
Old Aug 15th 2015, 6:07 am
Forum Regular

swans has much to be proud ofswans has much to be proud ofswans has much to be proud ofswans has much to be proud ofswans has much to be proud ofswans has much to be proud ofswans has much to be proud ofswans has much to be proud ofswans has much to be proud ofswans has much to be proud ofswans has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Dorothy
My ex and I had our house valued about 14 months ago in anticipation of selling/his refinancing to pay me out when we split. In that time the value has dropped by about $70k according to the pricing of similar properties in the area. He'd like to sell so he can move closer to the city with his new partner, but he'd take a huge financial hit so he's stuck where he is.
Actually the idea would be to sell in a falling market,take a short position if you like.

They don't move in unison but a 10% fall means you can buy a more expensive house.Thus assume a 600k house is out of reach but a 500k house isn't.One is 100k more than the other.They both fall by 10% the 600K house is now 90k more than the 500k house,making it cheaper.Possibly within reach.

Your, or his, position is better because of a falling market.One refinances and buys the house cheaper than it was,the other gets a smaller payout due to the falling market

Start thinking.

Geordie downunder
Old Aug 15th 2015, 6:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by swans
Actually the idea would be to sell in a falling market,take a short position if you like.

They don't move in unison but a 10% fall means you can buy a more expensive house.Thus assume a 600k house is out of reach but a 500k house isn't.One is 100k more than the other.They both fall by 10% the 600K house is now 90k more than the 500k house,making it cheaper.Possibly within reach.

Your, or his, position is better because of a falling market.One refinances and buys the house cheaper than it was,the other gets a smaller payout due to the falling market

Start thinking.

Geordie downunder
Great for moving up the property market for sure.... Depends how serious the sellers are though.
Old Aug 15th 2015, 6:31 am
Forum Regular

Never heard of this guy,but that means nothing.The main point would be does he have a better crystal ball than Jenman.Jenman swore blind house prices would fall,and they still went up.I don't think Steven Keane lives in OZ now,laughed out,did he have a better crystal ball than everybody else..

The Japanese /American that made a fortune giving the same book 5 or 6 different titles,rich dad poor dad.Buy real estate in the US,never falls in price,worked well that one didn't it.

The wonderfully mad Harry S Dent jr,first the dow would hit 36000 by2010,then it crashed .No problem,just right another book saying it will hit 5000 by the end of 2015 (very close now),the last crash and all kinds of charts proved it.Throw in some Fibonacci retracement numbers and then a bit of Elliot wave theory.If it struggles bring out the big guns, Kondratieff cycles.

What a load of bollox.

The golden rule is still the the same

Fools claim they can predict the future,bigger fools listen to them.

Geordie downunder
I'm going senile,right ,should of course be, write.Six of the best in the old days that one
Old Aug 15th 2015, 11:49 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Start thinking.

Geordie downunder
Start thinking? Personally I don't give a flying **** how much money he's lost this past year.
Old Aug 21st 2015, 3:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Coffee is overrated anyway. Never liked caffeine as the short term effect is ok but the day-long aftermath will tire you out.

I especially have no clue why people go out and pay $6 for a cup of some grounded bean drink. I mean $6 for something with no alcohol in it? Should cost 99c...
Old Oct 25th 2015, 8:56 pm
Forum Regular

Oakwood 2 is a name known to allOakwood 2 is a name known to allOakwood 2 is a name known to allOakwood 2 is a name known to allOakwood 2 is a name known to allOakwood 2 is a name known to allOakwood 2 is a name known to allOakwood 2 is a name known to allOakwood 2 is a name known to allOakwood 2 is a name known to allOakwood 2 is a name known to all

just a further twist a friend of mine has had quite a few blokes building Industry looking for positions willing to relocate
to Sydney ?
Old Oct 25th 2015, 9:05 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Nescafe 43 isn't "the cheapest coffee that they're selling on the shelf" - my standards aren't THAT low
As an alternative to Nescafe 43 () have you tried Douwe Egberts instant coffee? It's cheap (around $13 for a big tin at Coles) and it tastes fairly close to the Nescafe Classic we get in the UK.
Old Oct 25th 2015, 9:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulry
As an alternative to Nescafe 43 () have you tried Douwe Egberts instant coffee? It's cheap (around $13 for a big tin at Coles) and it tastes fairly close to the Nescafe Classic we get in the UK.
The only coffee I drink contains Irish Whiskey or Baileys.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.