100 Point ID when renting

100 Point ID when renting

Old Feb 17th 2009, 4:00 pm
DSG
Just Joined

DSG is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 100 Point ID when renting

Hello all,

We're off to Brisbane next month and would appreciate some guidance with regards to renting a place. As I understand things we will have to undergo the 100 point ID check by the agent when we find a property we would like to secure. Unlike opening a bank account where you passport counts as 100 points within 6 weeks I believe renting is somewhat different.

Myself & my wife are coming out on my 457 visa. Only I have work to begin with and I've listed below the ID that we will have to help pass this points check.

2 x passports
2 x UK driving licences
1 x proof of income/contract of employment
2 x UK birth certificates (are these accepted?)
1 x UK marriage certifice (ditto?)
2 x Employment reference from the UK (1 for each of us)
1 x reference from estate agent (we own property & have never rented but will have a letter stating the upkeep of our house in the UK for which they manage for us...)
1 x reference from the company sponsoring me in Oz.

Will this be enough - It actually sounds a lot when you write it all down but it's whether they will accept the UK stuff..!

Thanks for your help.
Duncan
Old Feb 17th 2009, 5:05 pm
Outback Club Member

Paddy_M has a brilliant futurePaddy_M has a brilliant futurePaddy_M has a brilliant futurePaddy_M has a brilliant futurePaddy_M has a brilliant futurePaddy_M has a brilliant futurePaddy_M has a brilliant future
Default Re: 100 Point ID when renting

Hi Duncan

I have managed to secure a rental (from the UK) and all my documents were accepted no problem.

Passport, police check, salary slip, employment contract.
Old Feb 17th 2009, 5:44 pm
Forum Regular

kicking_k is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

I just wondered how easy it was to secure a rental from the UK?
Old Feb 17th 2009, 6:50 pm
Outback Club Member

Paddy_M has a brilliant futurePaddy_M has a brilliant futurePaddy_M has a brilliant futurePaddy_M has a brilliant futurePaddy_M has a brilliant futurePaddy_M has a brilliant futurePaddy_M has a brilliant future

It was the first one I applied for so relatively easy.

I found the estate agents awkward to begin with. Once they know you are serious then you should not have a problem.

Other issue is getting to see the property before renting. If you know someone out there then this is easy enough.

Last edited by Paddy_M; Feb 17th 2009 at 8:29 pm.
Old Feb 17th 2009, 8:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

slipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of light

We just rented (in Vic) and there was no mention of the 100 point check. And as I do not have a job I wrote a note outlining our plans and they accpeted it. We paid 2 months in advance rather than one but that was fair, and showed copies of passports for ID, but the 100 point check was not mentioned. And even without a job we applied for two properties and got them both, so it seems to remain fairly easy...
Old Feb 18th 2009, 12:36 am
Forum Regular

skinnygeorge is just really niceskinnygeorge is just really niceskinnygeorge is just really niceskinnygeorge is just really niceskinnygeorge is just really niceskinnygeorge is just really niceskinnygeorge is just really niceskinnygeorge is just really niceskinnygeorge is just really nice

We had less than that,And had no problems.One agent actually said"You guys (expats I presume)are nice to rent to `cos We don`t have problems,You appreciate what You`ve got and look after it".You may have to pay a few months in advance,We paid 3 + bond (A$5000).But do see the property first.We almost jumped at one,Thankfully with friends near by We had another look and found a nicer area.It looked like a nice area at first,But My friend pointed out certain signs!.+ If settling in or around Brisbane,Look for the high ground,We manage ok without aircon,But lower areas the air does not move.
Old Feb 18th 2009, 2:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Deutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to behold

I don't remember a 100 point ID check in Victoria either.

Although they may do a 100 point 'ideal tenant' check - they give you points for being able to show previous rental receipts and so on.