100,000 bond

Old Aug 30th 2005, 10:40 am
Just Joined

michellesmell is on a distinguished road
Default 100,000 bond

Hi there all just been requested to lodge 100,000 capital investment for the extra five points,
is it easy enough to do a bank tranfser from one bank to the other is it done in one day,??
just waiting now to hear from perth office to get details its a night mare tryin to get old of them my agent told me to ring it will be quicker then emailing done both still now response!!!!
shell
Old Aug 30th 2005, 10:49 am
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 100,000 bond

Originally Posted by michellesmell
Hi there all just been requested to lodge 100,000 capital investment for the extra five points,
is it easy enough to do a bank tranfser from one bank to the other is it done in one day,??
just waiting now to hear from perth office to get details its a night mare tryin to get old of them my agent told me to ring it will be quicker then emailing done both still now response!!!!
shell
No you cant do it like that (assume you are in england) you need to use a money broker.

For a big deal like that HIFX are good www.hifx.com you need to register with them , they will talk you through it, they know all about it and will help you. It takes about 3- 4 days to regsiter with them.

There are others like www.tranzfers.com , but Im not sure their rates are so good for 100k. I used HIFX for my bond and use Tranzfers for other things.
Old Aug 30th 2005, 10:54 am
Just Joined

[QUOTE=spalen]No you cant do it like that (assume you are in england) you need to use a money broker.

For a big deal like that HIFX are good www.hifx.com you need to register with them , they will talk you through it, they know all about it and will help you. It takes about 3- 4 days to regsiter with them.

There are others like www.tranzfers.com , but Im not sure their rates are

Thanks for that information I will do it now thanks again, have you got ur visas now how long did you wait??
Old Aug 30th 2005, 11:13 am
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute

Visa took 6mths in total - 3mth to get Skills assesment together and sorted out, then 3mths for the actual dimia visa processing. so pretty quick all together. Been in Aus since may 23rd.
Old Aug 30th 2005, 11:19 am
Just Joined

how long after you lodged 100,000?? Im abit confused still do you have to use a broker is the treasury of wa a broker im reading a lot of post wots centerlink too? sorry if sound thick!! ha
Old Aug 30th 2005, 11:31 am
ah-beng

how long after you lodged 100,000?? Im abit confused still do you have to use a broker is the treasury of wa a broker im reading a lot of post wots centerlink too? sorry if sound thick!! ha
Centrelink is the place you lodge money if you have to lodge an assurance bond because you are benig sponsored. If you are not using a sponsored visa then centrelink has nothing to do with you until you get here then you only go to them if you need family benefit or unemployment benefit etc, they're like social services .

I was thinking you were on a skilled visa where you were lodging 100K$ bond for the extra 5 points.

Money Broker (hifx) they just take your money from UK, and send it via theri Aussie bank into the govt that you are lodging the bond with.

After the bond request for the 5points 100K$ lodged for 12mths - you are pretty much through the process its about 3/4 weeks after that.
Old Aug 30th 2005, 11:41 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

shell
I thought WATC were very efficient and that was part of the reason for me choosing them.
Old Aug 30th 2005, 11:42 am
Just Joined

HI there !!Right im with you now yeh we are lodging 100,000 husband is skilled , how do i open account with hifx ?? wont the bank do a tranfer? sorry for all the questions
shell
Old Aug 30th 2005, 11:48 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

HI there !!Right im with you now yeh we are lodging 100,000 husband is skilled , how do i open account with hifx ?? wont the bank do a tranfer? sorry for all the questions
shell
Your bank will probably do it but we found that ours charged a flat 25 and their rate was lower than that of HIFX, who didn't charge a direct fee.

Give HIFX a ring (number is on their web site and somebody will talk you through opening an account. It's pretty straightforward but you will have to post off copies of your passports for ID so give yourself enough time for this.
Old Aug 30th 2005, 11:49 am
ah-beng

shell
Its ok

You go to www.hifx.com and chose UK - there will be a phone number 0800 number - ring that and tell them you want help because you want to trade 100k aussie dollars for a bond lodgement for visa processing. They'll probably know what you're talking about.

you'll have to fax or print passport copy, proof of address (utility bill) or other stuff to them along with download and print an applicaiton form then they register you wiht an account.

Meanwhile - you get from Perth or whoever treasury in Aus you are using their bank details they will give you an Account number, a BBN code ( like a sort code) and ask them 'what refernce do you want on it' so you can quote a reference.

Then when you're ready - you ring HIFX and I think there is some paperwork like an email or something that they send you , you complete it with th eBBN number etc and they do the trade for you - you have to do the rade on the phone and you get to say 'buy' when the dealer asks you. ;-)

Then ... (phew) HIFX buys you 100k$ , you have 3 days to deposit the equivelant in UK Pounds into HIFX's bank account in UK ( they will tell you what that is, what reference to use, and how much , (you can use a bankers draft )).

A day or two later they deposit the 100k$ AU in to the bank in Australia.

You 'could' use your local bank branch but the exchange rate will be pants, and they wont know about doing bond transfers, plus they'll charge you probably loads. Most / if not all on here have used Hifx or someone similar.

Then you fax your forms off to the Treasury Authority saying 'ive sent you 100k' whihc is your application for the bond (you will get a bond request form from DIMIA - you MUST have that before you do all of this - its essential ) and that form goes back in post to the tresury authority - they stamp it to say they've got your money, then they send it to dimia, then dimmia take 2 weeks to read it and then dimia sends you a visa .

then a bit later the treasury authority sends you a certificate saying you'v egot 100k$ invested, and 6mths later they send you a cheque for interest (just got our 1st one) , and again 6mths after that the same and you can ring them up and say ' give me my money back please '.

that is about it in a nutshell (big nutshell) ( excuse my awful typing ;-) ).
Old Aug 30th 2005, 3:25 pm
Forum Regular

lovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nice

Hey check out ICN (interantional currency network) We contacted them and they were great. We opened an accout with ICN and HIFX. The day we were due to exchange the bond we phoned HIFX then ICN and ICN bettered the exchange rate so we went with them. Contact at ICN was a guy called Richard Bass.(knows his stuff)
5 weeks later, proud owners of our visa's
Good luck
Josie
Old Aug 30th 2005, 6:36 pm
Just Joined

thankyou very much for all your information!!!! thats great bloody nite mare when you dont know what ur doing
thanks again