Wikiposts

10 pence worth

Old Jun 3rd 2003, 2:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Sindy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by footie chick
No the feeling exactly. Not going into huge detail but a innocent comment has put a spanners in the works. And i am now right back at the beginning.

With other people`s so called go for it attitude well it stinks. There small minded attitutes are driving me mad at the moment but i am stuck can`t say anything as we may end up staying.

Completely understand your anger

footie chick
Tracie,

Sorry to hear your news.

Hope everything works out for you in the end.

Remember you have loads of mates on this forum so if you need some support, or want to sound off fire away, or send a PM.

Fingers crossed

Bill
Old Jun 3rd 2003, 2:06 am
BE Forum Addict

footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Bill i like a challenge. I`ll e in touch if i need any help.

footie chick
Old Jun 3rd 2003, 2:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Atticus will become famous soon enough

Guys

Im sorry to hear about the problems you are having with the in-laws and families in general. We are very lucky in that my in-laws are very supportive. Dont care what my parents think as having spoken in 10 years!! When god was handing out maternal feelings I think he missed my mum!!

Good luck and hope things get better for you all.

Old Jun 3rd 2003, 2:14 am
Sun Dodger

Bluerobot is just really niceBluerobot is just really niceBluerobot is just really niceBluerobot is just really niceBluerobot is just really niceBluerobot is just really niceBluerobot is just really niceBluerobot is just really nice

It's the opposite for me really. My mum is going on 84, and has just had to go in a residential home, as she is now very frail & we think she has has just had another stroke. I'm going to Sydney at the end of this month on a 457 Visa. I can't put it off as the new boss is desparate for me to get over there. (Never even considered going to Oz before got a job offer in April, now we're going - long story).

It's an opportunity we would regret missing as I am 38 & due to the points siuation it is probably the only chance we will get, but I just feel that I won't ever see her again & it's very hard. I'm only going to get up to see her one more time (we live 150 miles away & I've got so much to do before going).

My brother and sister are encouraging me to go (they are quite a bit older than me & would jump at the chance).

My wife's family are the other way. They really don't want her to go, which is ironic as they were expats in the Middle East & Africa until the wife was about 10 (she was born in Saudi).
I feel guilty as hell about taking her away too, as her parents are fast approaching 80.

Bummer

Dave
Old Jun 3rd 2003, 2:47 am
Forum Regular

John Howard has a brilliant futureJohn Howard has a brilliant futureJohn Howard has a brilliant futureJohn Howard has a brilliant futureJohn Howard has a brilliant futureJohn Howard has a brilliant futureJohn Howard has a brilliant futureJohn Howard has a brilliant future

Originally posted by Bluerobot
It's the opposite for me really. My mum is going on 84, and has just had to go in a residential home, as she is now very frail & we think she has has just had another stroke. I'm going to Sydney at the end of this month on a 457 Visa. I can't put it off as the new boss is desparate for me to get over there. (Never even considered going to Oz before got a job offer in April, now we're going - long story).

It's an opportunity we would regret missing as I am 38 & due to the points siuation it is probably the only chance we will get, but I just feel that I won't ever see her again & it's very hard. I'm only going to get up to see her one more time (we live 150 miles away & I've got so much to do before going).

My brother and sister are encouraging me to go (they are quite a bit older than me & would jump at the chance).

My wife's family are the other way. They really don't want her to go, which is ironic as they were expats in the Middle East & Africa until the wife was about 10 (she was born in Saudi).
I feel guilty as hell about taking her away too, as her parents are fast approaching 80.

Bummer

Dave
I think you should just go for it, as you say it's a once in a lifetime opportunity. As much as i get pis**ed off with my mother, its one of my only worries about leaving, the big "what if something happens to one of my family" i think i'll cross that bridge if something does happen and try not to worry about it until it does. Your Mother will have your Brother and Sister to look after her and i'm sure she wouldnt want to be the reason why you didnt go.

best of luck
Pete

Old Jun 3rd 2003, 3:05 am
Forum Regular

stooly is an unknown quantity at this point

It's quite funny because I was afraid to tell my family because we are very close and my uncle who gave me away and my wedding just passed away and keeping this from them was killing me. I thought they would be up in arms but the extreme opposite. 150% support.

On the reverse my husbands relationship with his mother has always been strange since he was 4. Now she has turned into the emotion maternal mother than she never has been and putting little doubts into his mind. I would be happy never to see the woman again. We've probably said 50 words to each other in 14 years.