Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

1 Year Anniversary!

1 Year Anniversary!

Old Jun 14th 2006, 11:58 am
Forum Regular

Briz-chick has a brilliant futureBriz-chick has a brilliant futureBriz-chick has a brilliant futureBriz-chick has a brilliant futureBriz-chick has a brilliant futureBriz-chick has a brilliant future
Default 1 Year Anniversary!

Just wanted to say that it has been 1 year since my husband moved to Oz with me!

I'm an aussie and was living in the UK for over 6 years and managed to convince my hubby to move to Oz last year. It is one year today and things are going great!

We have just celebrated with a bottle of Moet and a yukky indian curry. Beware brits who are curry lovers - fill up before you go as they are gross here!

Let's hope we have lots more fun years in the sun to come!
Old Jun 14th 2006, 12:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ozzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: 1 Year Anniversary!

Originally Posted by Briz-chick
Just wanted to say that it has been 1 year since my husband moved to Oz with me!

I'm an aussie and was living in the UK for over 6 years and managed to convince my hubby to move to Oz last year. It is one year today and things are going great!

We have just celebrated with a bottle of Moet and a yukky indian curry. Beware brits who are curry lovers - fill up before you go as they are gross here!

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, we've been here (not natives) for about 1 1/2 years but only just found a fab curry / Balti house, run by poms X midlands. In Birkdale - absolutely yummy.

Tracey
Old Jun 14th 2006, 10:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant future

Congrats. My anniversary is in 2 weeks time!
Old Jun 15th 2006, 7:21 am
It's got to be purple....

wsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond reputewsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond reputewsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond reputewsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond reputewsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond reputewsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond reputewsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond reputewsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond reputewsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond reputewsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond reputewsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond repute

CONGRATULATIONS on reaching the one year milestone........here's to many more wonderful years together in Oz

Wendy
Old Jun 15th 2006, 1:34 pm
Just Joined

MrPJB is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ozzy dog
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, we've been here (not natives) for about 1 1/2 years but only just found a fab curry / Balti house, run by poms X midlands. In Birkdale - absolutely yummy.

Tracey
Hi, we are looking to move out to Brisbane and were looking at the Birkdale area, whats the general living like out there (considering we are coming from Oxford area (well, I'm from Nottingham, but the OH is local to here ) Any tips for a future expat?

Thnks
Old Jun 15th 2006, 5:36 pm

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point

Good on ya , enjoy your curry !
Old Jun 15th 2006, 11:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond repute

Good on ya - glad things are going so well for you

I've been told by many of my friends that Cairns has a really good Indian Restuarant - we dont like the stuff but they just LOVE IT there!!! At our local cinema, on the back of your movie ticket, they do 'buy one meal, get one free' even better eh

I just miss real COD and CHIPS If we ever go back for a visit to the UK, I know where I'll be heading first day there - one of our local Fish and Chip shops

Old Jun 16th 2006, 11:55 pm
Forum Regular

Briz-chick has a brilliant futureBriz-chick has a brilliant futureBriz-chick has a brilliant futureBriz-chick has a brilliant futureBriz-chick has a brilliant futureBriz-chick has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Ozzy dog

Tracey
Thanks for you messages guys!

We actually tried the Birkdale restaurant a few weeks ago (drove 45 mins to get there!). Unfortunatley both our meals weren't very nice - didn't have much flavour and tasted burnt. On the other hand, I'm not sure if I've ever had balti before, so maybe that's just what it tastes like, so I don't want to slag them off!

I've seen a few other restaurants have been recommended on this forum so I have made a note of them and will try them all out.

Fingers crossed we'll find one we like soon!
Old Jun 17th 2006, 12:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Ozzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks for you messages guys!

We actually tried the Birkdale restaurant a few weeks ago (drove 45 mins to get there!). Unfortunatley both our meals weren't very nice - didn't have much flavour and tasted burnt. On the other hand, I'm not sure if I've ever had balti before, so maybe that's just what it tastes like, so I don't want to slag them off!

I've seen a few other restaurants have been recommended on this forum so I have made a note of them and will try them all out.

Fingers crossed we'll find one we like soon!
Hi,

Sorry to hear that, I hate it when you recommend something and it turns out to be not so good for others. I did this once with a hairdressers in the UK, for my best mate not good consequences. :scared:

Hubby and I are trying not to go to a restaurant twice until we've tried all of them.

Good luck

Tracey
Old Jun 18th 2006, 4:24 am
BE Enthusiast

flip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Bix da Boss
Good on ya - glad things are going so well for you

I've been told by many of my friends that Cairns has a really good Indian Restuarant - we dont like the stuff but they just LOVE IT there!!! At our local cinema, on the back of your movie ticket, they do 'buy one meal, get one free' even better eh

I just miss real COD and CHIPS If we ever go back for a visit to the UK, I know where I'll be heading first day there - one of our local Fish and Chip shops

I remember the coral trout and chips at Barnacle Bill's in Cairns (we were celebrating OH's 40th so splashed out) and it was fabulous - are you sure it doesn't compare to British cod and chips?
Old Jun 20th 2006, 11:11 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by flip
I remember the coral trout and chips at Barnacle Bill's in Cairns (we were celebrating OH's 40th so splashed out) and it was fabulous - are you sure it doesn't compare to British cod and chips?
Dare I say it, I HATED english fish and chips when I first got to the UK. In time I began to quite like it - especialy with a pickle and also curry sauce!