Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

1.93's A$ to the Pound!!!

1.93's A$ to the Pound!!!

Old Dec 5th 2009, 6:35 am
Banned

WillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 1.93's A$ to the Pound!!!

Originally Posted by n_n_d
You obviously haven't tasted the tap water in Adelaide and with a 22% increase in water prices recently announced, these are a couple of sour tastes.....
I have. Drinking Adelaide tap water will result in a slow lingering death. Drinking cola exclusively will hasten the process should you have the need.

Tap water filters:
http://www.waterfiltercomparisons.com.au/

Rain water can be had for the price of a plastic barrel (~$20) and a bit of fiddling with a down pipe. It will inocculate you against the trots spread by birds and possums.
Old Dec 5th 2009, 7:42 am
BE Forum Addict

koalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond repute

Well it can better start to improve, as are house exchanged yesterday and completes in 2 weeks, so will look to shift money after then.

For those who are buying houses; are you transferring the minimum and getting a maximum mortgage with the hope of transferring further when the rate improves and paying down / off mortgage,

or

Are you just going to exchange all now, and get it over with......
Well that was our plan Pete! But because we are self-employed bank decided we could use our own money to buy the land as we haven't yet got the building contract signed...hence we are a bit miffed at having to bring it over sooner rather than later! Will have a bit left over from the mortgage now so will be offsetting it which will help - !

KK
Old Dec 7th 2009, 1:28 pm
Account Closed

mindblower is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Re: 1.93's A$ to the Pound!!!

KK[/QUOTE]

Fears the worst with wednesdays pre budget statement, could be more freefall i think.
Old Dec 7th 2009, 10:37 pm
Account Open

asprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by koalakim
Well that was our plan Pete! But because we are self-employed bank decided we could use our own money to buy the land as we haven't yet got the building contract signed...hence we are a bit miffed at having to bring it over sooner rather than later! Will have a bit left over from the mortgage now so will be offsetting it which will help - !

KK
Try not to beat yourself up about this Kim ! It sounds like it is having a big impact on your plans - but the key point is that none of it is within your control.

Thus you really need to be going along with the attitude "you win some, you lose some".

Trust me, it can be done. Many people before you have lost (and gained) large amounts of money, on exchange rates and in business. Some people can take it all in their stride, others let it consume them.
Old Dec 7th 2009, 10:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

eugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by asprilla
Try not to beat yourself up about this Kim ! It sounds like it is having a big impact on your plans - but the key point is that none of it is within your control.

Thus you really need to be going along with the attitude "you win some, you lose some".

Trust me, it can be done. Many people before you have lost (and gained) large amounts of money, on exchange rates and in business. Some people can take it all in their stride, others let it consume them.
well said
Old Dec 7th 2009, 10:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

koalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond repute

We're trying not ....but it still hurts at what it could have been!

We're going to be here for the foreseeable future so we just want our own home now which is why we are biting the bullet as lets face it life is too short to wait for the pound to improve!

It may or not be the wrong decision to do it now but at least we made a decision and moving forward!

KK
Old Dec 7th 2009, 11:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

MrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of light

yip it's not worth losing sleep over otherwise I'd never sleep.

I only have 2 days of being in my 30's left!!!! Now that's something to lose sleep over!!!!!

They say life begins at 40! My 40th year now consists of now married, baby on way, turn forty and move to Oz.

That's life begins OK!!!
Old Dec 7th 2009, 11:17 pm
Account Open

asprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by koalakim
It may or not be the wrong decision to do it now but at least we made a decision and moving forward!

that's the spirit ! best of luck to you.
Old Dec 7th 2009, 11:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Good luck Mr Cro...a Happy Birthday for 2 days time!
Old Dec 8th 2009, 2:49 am
Banned

Keith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrCro
yip it's not worth losing sleep over otherwise I'd never sleep.

I only have 2 days of being in my 30's left!!!! Now that's something to lose sleep over!!!!!

They say life begins at 40! My 40th year now consists of now married, baby on way, turn forty and move to Oz.

That's life begins OK!!!
Good luck old boy! Its all down hill from 40, the only thing which begins at 40 is a receding hairline and an expanding waistline!

Keith
Old Dec 8th 2009, 10:43 am
BE Enthusiast

MrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Keith Moon
Good luck old boy! Its all down hill from 40, the only thing which begins at 40 is a receding hairline and an expanding waistline!

Keith
Thanks KoalaKim & Looney!

How's things going Bayside Looney? We were planning on Sunshine Coast but house prices high and employment low so may have to re think and get a bit closer to Brisbane! We liked look of Cleveland , Manly etc around that area on last holiday there.

But don't know if Bayside ready for me yet especialley after the shock of you turning up!!!

You would have been proud of my drinking on Saturday, real ales, vodka orange, baileys, sambuccas, pink sambuccas, scotch n coke and some cuban drink I can't remember!!!! Outlasted all my party guests, finally in bed 4am and sick as a parrot by 4:15am!!! Good night Happy 40th!!
Old Dec 10th 2009, 8:05 am
Account Closed

mindblower is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE]

Going down again..ouch !
Old Dec 10th 2009, 8:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Yep....thanks to Mr Darlings speech - he said a lot but didn't really say anything! Apparently he said he would make things better but didn't exactly explain how (probably because he has no clue!) so the markets got jittery again as the only answer was cutting public service wages and tax, tax and more tax ...the more taxes then the less people have to spend to get the country out of recession. Grrrrrr then today we have the BoE speech so as long as they don't mention the QE words then it might improve a tad....well we can only hope!

Fortunately our title has been delayed so hoping the pound will pick up in the NY!
Old Dec 10th 2009, 8:58 am
BE Enthusiast

eugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond repute

its great the way people can knock or put people down because it doesent exactly go there way. Can anyone do better ? I always listen to the radio phone ins after the football & listen to so called supporters on how managers should do this or sack joe bloggs ect but if they were given the oppertunity to do it they would not have a clue or shit themselfs.
Old Dec 10th 2009, 9:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Maybe they should have watched the pennies in the first place and they might not be in this mess!

Ooo I would love to get my mitts on the UK finances and sort them out good and proper - I have an Economics A level so I'm well qualified

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.