Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

1.93's A$ to the Pound!!!

1.93's A$ to the Pound!!!

Old Nov 5th 2009, 3:23 am
ABCDiamond

Default Re: 1.93's A$ to the Pound!!!

Originally Posted by swigski
That's 43% of the population were affected by a median house price drop in 1990-1991.
Actually that 43% has to be revised down considerably....

Houses in Sydney dropped a little, but Units didn't, they actually increased...
Sydney Median prices for Units
1990 $135,715
1991 $139,285
Also not that many people bought/sold houses in 1991, so it really only affected a very small percentage of people. ie: those that bought/sold during that year in the few areas that did drop in price.

My guess would be that less than 10% of the population would have been affected by any price drops in that 1991 recession.
And about 90% were affected by price Increases.

1.8216 $ to the £ today ............

Old Nov 5th 2009, 4:37 am
Banned

swigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to allswigski is a name known to all

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
Are we talking House Prices or Real term values now ?

It seems you have changed the topic...

I am talking about House prices, which you were aswell, until you selected to use the comparative values against wages, instead, as they show a drop in those years.
The question you asked was, did house prices fall during 1990-1991 recession?

I have shown that the MEDIAN house price fell in Sydney, Perth and Melbourne and you have shown that they increased in the rest of Australia.

The Real house price index showed a fall in prices from 1990 to 1996 when you sold your Sydney house you clever man

Either way, Housing was way more affordable then and that is why I believe the bubble will burst and house prices will fall as a result of the GFC and recessionary measures used in Australia.

Let's wait and see what happens this time around. For now I'm done with figures from the past.
Old Nov 5th 2009, 5:29 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by swigski
The Real house price index showed a fall in prices from 1990 to 1996 when you sold your Sydney house you clever man
I disagree again.

Prices did NOT fall between 1990 and 1996. They increased = Sold for more money than was paid.

The "real price index" however did decrease.
But this figure, which is not a price, is obtained by dividing the point figure of the nominal price index with the point figure of the Consumer Price Index of the corresponding time period and base year.

It is very important to talk about the right subject. Apples and Oranges.

However, if you want to work on the "Real house price index" for property, then you also have to accept that property prices have hardly risen in decades... eg:

1990 to 2009
Melbourne has risen at an average of only 1.23% per annum for each of the last 19 years.

Sydney though has risen by a massive 2.5% per year for those 19 years.

Old Nov 5th 2009, 7:08 am
poole ,dorset . love it

king kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond repute

http://reiwa.com.au/lst/lst-ressale-results.cfm

The dream is still alive and not far from perth and gives excellent return for the dollar invested.
Old Nov 5th 2009, 7:10 am
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

I think top end properties get badly hit in recessions.

Old Nov 5th 2009, 8:29 am
poole ,dorset . love it

king kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MartinLuther
I think top end properties get badly hit in recessions.

http://images.theage.com.au/2009/11/...asey-420x0.jpg
the only thing missing off that is McDONALDS .
Old Nov 5th 2009, 9:26 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by king kong
the only thing missing off that is McDONALDS .
I think there's one next to the home cinema

Old Nov 5th 2009, 9:52 am
poole ,dorset . love it

I think there's one next to the home cinema

http://images.theage.com.au/2009/11/...e8-600x400.jpg
now i see where people do 90000 on house furnishings , sod that id rather have an evening out at the movies .
Old Nov 5th 2009, 10:02 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by king kong
now i see where people do 90000 on house furnishings , sod that id rather have an evening out at the movies .
I find the home cinema idea (that actually looks like a cinema) very odd.
Old Nov 5th 2009, 10:06 am
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes, bizzare
Old Nov 5th 2009, 11:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

How about totally unnecessary? What some deem to be important takes some explanation. If of course one bothers enough to stay around for an answer.
Old Nov 5th 2009, 11:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

Can we stop it with the s, it's doing me head in?
Afraid bean counting often has that effect...
Old Nov 5th 2009, 4:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Damson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond repute

£25 billion QE announced today. I think I'll ask OH for a money printing press for Xmas - if it's good enough for Alistair, it's good enough for me!!
Old Nov 5th 2009, 5:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

TakenThePlunge has a reputation beyond reputeTakenThePlunge has a reputation beyond reputeTakenThePlunge has a reputation beyond reputeTakenThePlunge has a reputation beyond reputeTakenThePlunge has a reputation beyond reputeTakenThePlunge has a reputation beyond reputeTakenThePlunge has a reputation beyond reputeTakenThePlunge has a reputation beyond reputeTakenThePlunge has a reputation beyond reputeTakenThePlunge has a reputation beyond reputeTakenThePlunge has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lorrielou
£25 billion QE announced today. I think I'll ask OH for a money printing press for Xmas - if it's good enough for Alistair, it's good enough for me!!
Bizarrely though, the pound went up after it was announced
Old Nov 5th 2009, 7:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TakenThePlunge
Bizarrely though, the pound went up after it was announced
Yeah weird! (i before e except after c)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.