Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

1.93's A$ to the Pound!!!

1.93's A$ to the Pound!!!

Old Oct 6th 2009, 7:16 am
BE Enthusiast

PoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: 1.93's A$ to the Pound!!!

Originally Posted by bcworld
As usual...we don't know what you're quoting!

New low today at $1.8013...$1.79s definitely possible later.
This is driving me nuts. We had our house under offer but it fell through. I really hope the rate stays low so we can make the most of it.
Old Oct 6th 2009, 7:37 am
BE Enthusiast

PoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to behold

Very close now!
Old Oct 6th 2009, 7:39 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, the rate has dropped nearly 0.2c in the last 30 minutes.

It's mesmerising sitting here watching it. Every time that XE updates, it's trimmed a bit more off. And it's distracting me from my coursework

S
Old Oct 6th 2009, 7:40 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PoppetUK
Very close now!
I think it actually hit $1.7993 already.
Old Oct 6th 2009, 7:43 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

I think it actually hit $1.7993 already.

$1.80104 on XE at the moment.

S
Old Oct 6th 2009, 7:51 am
has lost The Game

Originally Posted by Swerv-o

S

Looks like it's creeping back up. Just put on 0.2c in the last 10 minutes. Maybe that $1.80104 was the bottom for now.

S
Old Oct 6th 2009, 7:55 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Watching paint dry

...though in this case it aint gonna dry
Old Oct 6th 2009, 7:57 am
has lost The Game

Originally Posted by paulry
Watching paint dry

...though in this case it aint gonna dry

Even that's more interesting than doing this coursework...

S
Old Oct 6th 2009, 9:35 am
BE Enthusiast

chilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nice

Originally Posted by jad n rich
I think housing prices/sales starting to rise has pushed them. Seems like a chuck a bucket of cold water on the housing market approach.

Even though rates were historically low, even with several rises they would still be really low, now the media will grab hold and cause the avg householder to panic.

Today tonight etc will probably have a how to keep the roof over your head segment this week
Yup will be interesting to see what happens to house prices now, all those first tme buyers rushed to get the increased grant, numbers based on low interest rates, a couple of more rises & ??????

Lets hope house prices fall & that covers the exchange loses!??

On the plus side all of a sudden the package for my new job in melbourne really great
Old Oct 6th 2009, 9:46 am
BE Enthusiast

MrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of light

someone pass the salt & pepper for my rugby shorts!!! (see previous posts on this thread!)

serious note - this is potentially very dangerous for Australian recovery, creating a pre crisis bubble that has never really burst in AU and now looking to enlarge.

People seem to take great pride in strong AUD and parity against US$ but this has real potential to undermine Australias biggest earner - exports! On top of that the stronger the AUD the more tempting buying foreign goods is which again does not help the economy as it shifts money out! Strike 3 - the weaker tourist spending value is against their own currencies the less likely they are to visit Australia and those that do spend alot less A$!

That's my warning - time will tell!

I hereby predict double dip recession, £ has bottomed and England will win the world cup in South Africa!!!
Old Oct 6th 2009, 10:09 am
Melbourne - NE suburbs

DownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Swerv-o

S
wow - pushed through the 1.80 mark in the last 20 minutes and trickling on downhill at the moment (at 1.797 now)...Didn't think it would bust that one today !
Old Oct 6th 2009, 10:16 am
Forum Regular

craig_m67 has a brilliant futurecraig_m67 has a brilliant futurecraig_m67 has a brilliant futurecraig_m67 has a brilliant futurecraig_m67 has a brilliant futurecraig_m67 has a brilliant futurecraig_m67 has a brilliant future

I'm suprised, this was a psycholgical barrier for me too.. Perhaps the UK (apart from you lot) doesn't really care about the AUD? I've not zoomed in, but did the GBP wobble against any of the other currencies when the AUD rates went up ?

Pity it's not summer (did they get summer?).. or the pound accepted in Italy.. i'd be back for a quick cheap holiday.
Maybe its time to buy/import that classic Alfa ($48K discounted to $36K) anybody know anybody with a RHD 101/750 Guila/Guilietta Spider?

Last edited by craig_m67; Oct 6th 2009 at 10:20 am.
Old Oct 6th 2009, 10:45 am
Just Joined

ming-the-merciless is an unknown quantity at this point

Down nearly 2 cents as I write 1.79600. Sterling down generally across the board except 0.2 cents up against the US$.
I don't see a recovery until its at 1.60 - 1.70. A bounce in the spring with a new government & then we who knows. I'm planning to sell Au$ in the 1.60's & the look to buy back on the bounce.
Old Oct 6th 2009, 10:48 am
BE Enthusiast

MrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of light

my 5 bedroom house on the water in the Sunshine Coast is now looking more like a wooden shack in Tasmania!!!!

Might invest in Mexico £ doing OK against the Peso!
Old Oct 6th 2009, 11:16 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by MrCro
my 5 bedroom house on the water in the Sunshine Coast is now looking more like a wooden shack in Tasmania!!!!

Might invest in Mexico £ doing OK against the Peso!
Zimbabwe $ looks good

One Year in Currency (Interbank rates)
Oct 6 2008 One GBP = 2.29 AUD. 1 year later it is 1.82 Aus $ = Down 20%
Oct 6 2008 One GBP = 19.96 MXP. 1 year later it is 21.77 Mexican Peso = Up 9%
Oct 6 2008 One GBP = 1.77 USD. 1 year later it is 1.59 US $ = Down 10%
Oct 6 2008 One GBP = 266.43 ZWD. 1 year later it is 566.50 Zimbabwe $ = Up 112%

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.