1.93's A$ to the Pound!!!

1.93's A$ to the Pound!!!

Old Sep 18th 2009, 3:00 am
Account Closed

mindblower is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 1.93's A$ to the Pound!!!

[/QUOTE]

Not out of the woods yet.

Stimulas at the tills and in housebuilding ending.

No 300 billion debt paid back yet.

Jury out.
Old Sep 18th 2009, 3:01 am
Forum Regular

nigel and wendy is just really nicenigel and wendy is just really nicenigel and wendy is just really nicenigel and wendy is just really nicenigel and wendy is just really nicenigel and wendy is just really nicenigel and wendy is just really nicenigel and wendy is just really nicenigel and wendy is just really nice

Originally Posted by MartinLuther
I did hesitate before posting. However it is good news even for those coming as it means there'll be less pressure to raise taxes to pay the debt. Something like 20% of the debt repayment has appeared out of left field. It's a good result.
was only jokin !

yeah good point........less deficit=less tax in the long run i suppose
Old Sep 18th 2009, 3:38 am
Forum Regular

craig_m67 has a brilliant futurecraig_m67 has a brilliant futurecraig_m67 has a brilliant futurecraig_m67 has a brilliant futurecraig_m67 has a brilliant futurecraig_m67 has a brilliant futurecraig_m67 has a brilliant future

I wouldn't be bringing lumps of sterling here at the moment, only what i needed to live on prior to earning A$ (mitigate the risk/loss).

I've been watching the AUS/GBP everyday for the last three years or so and 1.87 is something I never expected to see. Where's it going to stop? Something really wooly (or chinese silky) will have to come out of the closet to upset the A$.

I am tempted to punt my STR fund back (UK) as every fibre in me believes the pound will have to bounce back.. at least to 2.3 (2.6 is too healthy a profit). What's the best rate you can get for cash in the UK at the moment? (or maybe a BTL... don't tell anybody at HPC).

wish i had the balls to play FX

anyway.. long time lurker, but fascinated with this FX stuff
Old Sep 18th 2009, 3:46 am
Forum Regular

nigel and wendy is just really nicenigel and wendy is just really nicenigel and wendy is just really nicenigel and wendy is just really nicenigel and wendy is just really nicenigel and wendy is just really nicenigel and wendy is just really nicenigel and wendy is just really nicenigel and wendy is just really nice

Originally Posted by craig_m67
I wouldn't be bringing lumps of sterling here at the moment, only what i needed to live on prior to earning A$ (mitigate the risk/loss).

I've been watching the AUS/GBP everyday for the last three years or so and 1.87 is something I never expected to see. Where's it going to stop? Something really wooly (or chinese silky) will have to come out of the closet to upset the A$.

I am tempted to punt my STR fund back (UK) as every fibre in me believes the pound will have to bounce back.. at least to 2.3 (2.6 is too healthy a profit). What's the best rate you can get for cash in the UK at the moment? (or maybe a BTL... don't tell anybody at HPC).

wish i had the balls to play FX

anyway.. long time lurker, but fascinated with this FX stuff
+1 ive been thinkin the same way myself ! i just cant make my mind up what the hell to do with my dosh ...............so much uncertainty,house prices here,exchange rates going mad ............ i too have small balls

sometimes i`m bullish ,then i`m bearish..............its a bloody nightmare !!
Old Sep 18th 2009, 3:49 am
Forum Regular

craig_m67 has a brilliant futurecraig_m67 has a brilliant futurecraig_m67 has a brilliant futurecraig_m67 has a brilliant futurecraig_m67 has a brilliant futurecraig_m67 has a brilliant futurecraig_m67 has a brilliant future

we're talkin' to Nigel right ?
Old Sep 18th 2009, 3:52 am
Just Joined

maria123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Stu Ward
You could also lose a few hundred quid a week.

People on here have been trying to play the game and stating that the Au $ will go to $2.4 - 2.5 to the £ ( at the time it was 2.10 )

Its now sub 2.0, so those people would have lost quite a lot playing the money market

Stu
well today it's back hitting 1.95 (who would imagine that would be a nice feeling!!!)

saw it go as low as 1.9250 in last couple of days!!

1.96+ and I'm in the money so come on, up you go!

looks like a september crash in the US stockmarkets due again (of what size who knows) and that always helps the pound as the AUD becomes weaker against the USD when stockmarkets retreat.

China stockmarket also crashing (lost 7% on Monday and over 22% throughout August!) and September may lose another 25% I read today. So Americans likely to not buy increased products from China for some time now which means China recovery not looking too hot again as means less need for commodities to make products which hurts Australian overseas sales.

Bit of a vicious circle forming like last Autumn again!???

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...=1#post7941482
Old Sep 18th 2009, 3:58 am
Forum Regular

Who are you paying $1.95 to, are we talking A$/GBP??
XE currently has the A$ buying GBP at 1.88, from memory they transfer at spot rate plus 0.5% (must look up my spreadsheets).. no where near 1.95.

it's a slow day at home today.
Old Sep 18th 2009, 4:00 am
Account Open

asprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond repute

Who are you paying $1.95 to, are we talking A$/GBP??
XE currently has the A$ buying GBP at 1.88, from memory they transfer at spot rate plus 0.5% (must look up my spreadsheets).. no where near 1.95.

it's a slow day at home today.
I think maria123 might be confusing the spot rate with the buy/sell spread.
Old Sep 18th 2009, 5:04 am
Forum Regular

we're talkin' to Nigel right ?
hahah i hope so !! they would hang out of the wifes thong
Old Sep 18th 2009, 3:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

MrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of light

Nearly tipped down into the 1.86's today!!!!!!!!

It has now hit slightly lower than the last level around here in 1996 - before that you have to back to 1985 for these levels!

Why did I choose this year to go to Oz??
Old Sep 18th 2009, 4:45 pm
Banned

Sooty and Sweep is just really niceSooty and Sweep is just really niceSooty and Sweep is just really niceSooty and Sweep is just really niceSooty and Sweep is just really niceSooty and Sweep is just really niceSooty and Sweep is just really niceSooty and Sweep is just really niceSooty and Sweep is just really niceSooty and Sweep is just really niceSooty and Sweep is just really nice

Has anyone got any links to archived data sheets showing the GBP versus AUD going back to the 70's, i can only get a chart going back to 96.

Sooty
Old Sep 18th 2009, 4:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

MrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Sooty and Sweep
Has anyone got any links to archived data sheets showing the GBP versus AUD going back to the 70's, i can only get a chart going back to 96.

Sooty
Yip,

I use the 30 years chart at http://mbt.tradesecuring.com/Misc/promoChart.asp?df=mbt

Just depressed myself by realising that last Oct spike hit nearly 2.70 so we aint far off a full $ per £ difference!!!! I could buy a house for cash with that difference in South Australia or an Aston Martin!!!! Of ****!

I feel like the unluckiest person in the world at the mo and I shouldn't with such a good nest egg! Exchange rates are cruel when you hold £'s at the moment!
Old Sep 18th 2009, 5:04 pm
Ping-ponging Pom

dave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of light

The joy of having money to bring back!
Old Sep 18th 2009, 5:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dave7370
The joy of having money to bring back!
Get it sent back then without hesitation! These threads are full of people beating themselves up for not sending £'s to Oz last Oct when the boot was on the other foot (me being one of them!)

Anyone with $'s to send to £'s but not jumping on this could be those kicking themselves next year!

In an ideal world we would have a constant roller coaster that way expats moving in both directions would get their chance but this ain't no ideal world!!!
Old Sep 18th 2009, 5:26 pm
Ping-ponging Pom

dave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of light

Having used the fluctuations in currency to our favour and not being greedy, then we've managed to recoup some of the financial losses made in our moves to and from Oz.

Having watched so many previous threads of people hanging out for rates they want and then complain when it doesn't go their way I do wonder why they just didn't do what we did and just get on with it when the rates were at a good level.

This is not a dig at those now looking into a financial hole, I'm just looking from our point of view and why I'm pleased with how we recouped some cash.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.