Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

1.93's A$ to the Pound!!!

1.93's A$ to the Pound!!!

Old Jul 1st 2010, 4:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

xzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: 1.93's A$ to the Pound!!!

~ a 5 cent rise today. If that continues until September, we could be looking at $3.41!!!!
Old Jul 1st 2010, 4:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by xzibit
~ a 5 cent rise today. If that continues until September, we could be looking at $3.41!!!!

Nice to dream.
Old Jul 1st 2010, 5:57 pm
Forum Regular

pemajoka is a jewel in the roughpemajoka is a jewel in the roughpemajoka is a jewel in the roughpemajoka is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by xzibit
Ohhh the optimism or is that something to do with looking through a fog
Old Jul 1st 2010, 6:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

MrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by pemajoka
Ohhh the optimism or is that something to do with looking through a fog
be making moves into 1.90's by september maybe more realistic.

Well my day's been profitable trading AUD against US$ but would have been great day riding the £ up vs AUD, there you go though that's life! Was flying high and tempting but you never know when will reverse and it did quite harsh in the end back to 1.79's!

Big milestone breaking the 1.80's level today, didn't expect that, perhaps my prediction should have been 1.80-1.85 for months time!!??

NFP figures out of USA tommorrow, if bad AUD will go down further so keeping my position open with stops in place in case NFP is good.

If I had AUD's in the bank I'd be selling them now for sure! and kicking myself for not selling at 1.63! Oh hindsight is great!!
Old Jul 1st 2010, 10:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Not wishing to state the elephant in the room

But the aussie sharemarket is well down right now, usually it takes the dollar with it and when shares recover

Just one factor but its been a very good indicator for me on the currency markets.
Old Jul 1st 2010, 10:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

freebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jad n rich
Not wishing to state the elephant in the room

But the aussie sharemarket is well down right now, usually it takes the dollar with it and when shares recover
Absolutely, but who knows when it'll drop and not recover for a while, I'm thinking soon.
Old Jul 1st 2010, 11:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

MrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of light

what would I know I'm just a 'guru'

but.........what goes around comes around and all this "new norm" mentioned on here from pro A$ posters is just wishful thinking (just like my pro £ wishful thinking!!!). I just hope if they had a vested interest i.e. had A$ to buy £'s with that they did so!

weird times have occured but there are averages and fair values which will eventually creep back, question is when and that's the question we'd all love the answer to. I'd be buying my harbour front Sydney property if I knew the answer!

seconds out, round two!

PS; My intraday position closed out at $500 profit, good day but hell I wish I'd gone long GBP/AUD with a 1.81 stop!!!

My tip for tomorrow is if AUD/USD hits 85cents again overnight then go short as potential rebound, but have a stop in place in case NFP figures are good. OOOH I'm begining to sound like a guru!!!

Last edited by MrCro; Jul 1st 2010 at 11:36 pm.
Old Jul 1st 2010, 11:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

freebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond repute

My 1.80-1.85 was briefly "in the money"
Old Jul 2nd 2010, 12:05 am
Account Open

asprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrCro

but.........what goes around comes around and all this "new norm" mentioned on here from pro A$ posters is just wishful thinking (just like my pro £ wishful thinking!!!). I just hope if they had a vested interest i.e. had A$ to buy £'s with that they did so!

weird times have occured but there are averages and fair values which will eventually creep back, question is when and that's the question we'd all love the answer to. I'd be buying my harbour front Sydney property if I knew the answer!

seconds out, round two!

PS; My intraday position closed out at $500 profit, good day but hell I wish I'd gone long GBP/AUD with a 1.81 stop!!!

My tip for tomorrow is if AUD/USD hits 85cents again overnight then go short as potential rebound, but have a stop in place in case NFP figures are good. OOOH I'm begining to sound like a guru!!!
$500 profit... not bad at all.

But $1,000 is better.
Old Jul 2nd 2010, 1:34 am
BE Forum Addict

seconds out, round two!

$10 a pip?
Old Jul 2nd 2010, 5:31 pm
Forum Regular

pemajoka is a jewel in the roughpemajoka is a jewel in the roughpemajoka is a jewel in the roughpemajoka is a jewel in the rough

seconds out, round two!

Provided it keeps climbing, I do not care how slowly, to around 2.25 in the next 12-15 months I will be happy
Old Jul 2nd 2010, 10:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by freebo
$10 a pip?
yip $10, you choose your level of trade and that amount goes up or down per pip.

Never have the gonads to trade above 10 per pip!

not traded today was all abit weird, see what next week brings.

But great for my £'s sitting waiting for exchange into AUD, ended week above 1.80 is major milestone!

Old Jul 3rd 2010, 12:25 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

yip $10, you choose your level of trade and that amount goes up or down per pip.

Never have the gonads to trade above 10 per pip!

not traded today was all abit weird, see what next week brings.

But great for my £'s sitting waiting for exchange into AUD, ended week above 1.80 is major milestone!

Yes, a good week for the pound

But when to exchange?
Old Jul 3rd 2010, 12:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by paulry
Yes, a good week for the pound

But when to exchange?
Either when you need to, or when you think the rate is at its peak?

Personally I prefer to do it in gradual stages, that way you're never 100% wrong, its pretty much impossible to be 100% right.

If I did need some travelling money I'd be buying a bit now though, you never know whats around the corner but we're about half way from the recent low, back to $2.00/£1.00.

Last edited by freebo; Jul 3rd 2010 at 12:39 am.
Old Jul 3rd 2010, 12:48 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by freebo
Either when you need to, or when you think the rate is at its peak?

Personally I prefer to do it in gradual stages, that way you're never 100% wrong, its pretty much impossible to be 100% right.

If I did need some travelling money I'd be buying a bit now though, you never know whats around the corner but we're about half way from the recent low, back to $2.00/£1.00.
Gut feeling is it might go up to around 1.9 before settling back downwards. I wish if I had the nerve to hold out for 2 but I think that's unlikely this year. But this last week or so we've been pleasantly surprised so who knows?

Planning to lock in on some of the gains very soon.

Last edited by paulry; Jul 3rd 2010 at 12:51 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.