Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

1.93's A$ to the Pound!!!

1.93's A$ to the Pound!!!

Old May 19th 2010, 11:37 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 1.93's A$ to the Pound!!!

Unless you are planning an overseas trip, the fall in the AUD is only good news for Australia. Just don't want it to go too far.

I think the UK may have to start putting interest rates up soon due to inflation - good news for the GBP and people who have cash in the UK.

Last edited by Amazulu; May 19th 2010 at 11:39 pm.
Old May 20th 2010, 12:15 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Unless you are planning an overseas trip, the fall in the AUD is only good news for Australia. Just don't want it to go too far.

I think the UK may have to start putting interest rates up soon due to inflation - good news for the GBP and people who have cash in the UK.
Our holiday money is in the UK so I am hoping there are further falls. I said if it got to 1.80 I would bring my money over. I can't see it ever going up to the dizzy heights of 2/1.
Old May 20th 2010, 12:30 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
Our holiday money is in the UK so I am hoping there are further falls. I said if it got to 1.80 I would bring my money over. I can't see it ever going up to the dizzy heights of 2/1.
I have also already bought our holiday GBP and Euros and we have money over there too. I also think the Euro has some more pain ahead, so rate could get better for us as well.

Don't say it can never go back to 2:1, it went down to 1.60:1 and we were not predicing that.

When are you going? We leave on 30th June.
Old May 20th 2010, 12:32 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

I have also already bought our holiday GBP and Euros and we have money over there too. I also think the Euro has some more pain ahead, so rate could get better for us as well.

Don't say it can never go back to 2:1, it went down to 1.60:1 and we were not predicing that.

When are you going? We leave on 30th June.
We leave on 15th June and come back on 17th July. It is our first visit in the 5 years we have been here. We don't need to send anything back to spend and will just use our UK bank cards whilst there. My grandad left my kids 25k each so I really want to bring that over here soon to get it working properly for them. I can only hope for 2/1!!!
Old May 20th 2010, 12:49 am
Proudly Deplorable

We leave on 15th June and come back on 17th July. It is our first visit in the 5 years we have been here. We don't need to send anything back to spend and will just use our UK bank cards whilst there. My grandad left my kids 25k each so I really want to bring that over here soon to get it working properly for them. I can only hope for 2/1!!!
Sounds good. Your kids money would get you a nice new car......... We have money in the UK that I would like to bring over as it is earning no interest (down from over GBP200/month to under GBP20 now) but will not do it at the moment due to the exchange rate. We get back on the 25th July. We are also going to Germany and Austria, which I am looking forward to. Not looking forward to going to the UK as much - it's more for my wife really, although I am going to see my brother who has just got back from Afghanistan and I have not seen since 2002 - should be good.
Old May 20th 2010, 12:52 am
Gutter Gob!!

Sounds good. Your kids money would get you a nice new car......... We have money in the UK that I would like to bring over as it is earning no interest (down from over GBP200/month to under GBP20 now) but will not do it at the moment due to the exchange rate. We get back on the 25th July. We are also going to Germany and Austria, which I am looking forward to. Not looking forward to going to the UK as much - it's more for my wife really, although I am going to see my brother who has just got back from Afghanistan and I have not seen since 2002 - should be good.
A Range Rover Sport would be lovely

My eldest daughter has hers spent already in her head on trips to Europe/USA and a pink Suzuki car!!
Old May 20th 2010, 5:36 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by xzibit
$1.71 at the moment.
Now $1.73 and US$0.83.
Attached Thumbnails 1.93's A$ to the Pound!!!-untitled-picture.png  
Old May 20th 2010, 5:52 am
BE Enthusiast

MrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of light

I woke early so got up and sat at PC with computer, just watched £ add over 2 cents in less than an hour!

Gone over 10cents now since last thursdays low!

THat's alot of extra $'s in my pocket!!

COME ON 1.93 LET'S GET BACK THERE!
Old May 20th 2010, 6:01 am
Account Closed

mindblower is an unknown quantity at this point

[![/QUOTE]

Thought it would upcurve under tories.
Old May 20th 2010, 6:02 am
Proudly Deplorable

Originally Posted by mindblower

Although this has nothing to do with them - more a case of what is happening in Germany and Greece.
Old May 20th 2010, 6:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mindblower
]

I don't think it is anything to do with Tories to be honest. GBP is not doing so well anywhere else.
Old May 20th 2010, 6:04 am
BE Enthusiast

MrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of light

A Range Rover Sport would be lovely

My eldest daughter has hers spent already in her head on trips to Europe/USA and a pink Suzuki car!!
what about the new Range Rover LRX??

http://uk.cars.yahoo.com/19052010/36...x-spied-0.html
Old May 20th 2010, 6:07 am
Gutter Gob!!

Originally Posted by MrCro
what about the new Range Rover LRX??

http://uk.cars.yahoo.com/19052010/36...x-spied-0.html
V. Nice!! Sadly (for me) my Grandad was quite particular that I spent the kids money on the kids
Old May 20th 2010, 6:13 am
BE Enthusiast

V. Nice!! Sadly (for me) my Grandad was quite particular that I spent the kids money on the kids
Could always buy one with the increase in the £ as it hits 2.60 again!!!
Old May 20th 2010, 6:14 am
Gutter Gob!!

Originally Posted by MrCro
Could always buy one with the increase in the £ as it hits 2.60 again!!!
Sounds like a plan

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.