Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

1.93's A$ to the Pound!!!

1.93's A$ to the Pound!!!

Old May 3rd 2010, 12:29 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 1.93's A$ to the Pound!!!

Originally Posted by DownUnderPaddy
Hung parliament looking even more certain now....
Think it will make any diff to the rate ?

May 2 , 2010
UK Election 2010: Hung Parliament Still Most Likely Outcome
http://news.suite101.com/article.cfm...utcome-a232579
Who knows? I read another article that said the tories will get a majority. I think that a hung parliament has been 'factored in' to the current GBP situation. I also don't think it will be as big an economic issue as is being predicted. Whoever wins will need to get the economy sorted pretty quickly and will - hopefully - put the mechanisms in place to do it.
Old May 3rd 2010, 12:39 pm
Forum Regular

wilf70 will become famous soon enoughwilf70 will become famous soon enough

Agreed Amazulu---and I think the Cons' may 'creep' in by a narrow margin.Perhaps the most interesting thing will be to see how the fringe parties perform[eg UKIP--especially with the Greek crisis].The electorate seems to be saying a curse on all your houses to the major parties
Old May 3rd 2010, 2:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

freebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Who knows? I read another article that said the tories will get a majority. I think that a hung parliament has been 'factored in' to the current GBP situation. I also don't think it will be as big an economic issue as is being predicted. Whoever wins will need to get the economy sorted pretty quickly and will - hopefully - put the mechanisms in place to do it.
Yes, I agree with all of the above, I also saw this recently which argues that the AUS is the most overvalued currency in the G20 (which doesn't mean the situation can't persist for some time).

The Case Against the Australian Dollar

The BBC is right now reporting the latest poll which suggests Con will get a majority win (by 2 seats!)

Last edited by freebo; May 3rd 2010 at 2:07 pm.
Old May 3rd 2010, 2:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

eugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond repute

labour
Old May 3rd 2010, 2:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

freebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by eugene43
labour
You can get 50/1 on that if you're right you could make a fortune.
Old May 3rd 2010, 2:29 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by freebo
Yes, I agree with all of the above, I also saw this recently which argues that the AUS is the most overvalued currency in the G20 (which doesn't mean the situation can't persist for some time).

The Case Against the Australian Dollar

The BBC is right now reporting the latest poll which suggests Con will get a majority win (by 2 seats!)
The GBP was overvalued for a long time in reality, and has only really dropped recently - and, in fact, has been weaker in recent history (maybe not against AUD though).
Old May 3rd 2010, 2:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Amazulu
The GBP was overvalued for a long time in reality, and has only really dropped recently - and, in fact, has been weaker in recent history (maybe not against AUD though).
Overvalued against what though, I'd argue that all currencies are currently overvalued against Gold (but that's just me )

I did say that the AUD situation could persist for a long time, we just don't know.
Old May 3rd 2010, 2:50 pm
Cad and bounder

perksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond repute

You can get 50/1 on that if you're right you could make a fortune.

Where?

Best prices:

Labour 12/1 (Boylesports)
Lib dem 33/1 (Boylesports)
Tory (1/10) BetFred

Hung Parliment: YES evens (various) NO evens (various)

http://www.oddschecker.com/specials/...ion/most-seats
Old May 3rd 2010, 2:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by perksy
Where?

Best prices:

Labour 12/1 (Boylesports)
Lib dem 33/1 (Boylesports)
Tory (1/10) BetFred

Hung Parliment: YES evens (various) NO evens (various)

http://www.oddschecker.com/specials/...ion/most-seats
oddschecker gave me 50/1 (I actually had £5 @ 55/1 on betfair yesterday, and I still don't think its good value, silly bet, currently betfair are 48/1 and oddschecker are showing betfred at 50/1) - see attachment.

P.S. This is for a majority, not most votes or seats.
Attached Thumbnails 1.93's A$ to the Pound!!!-screen-shot-2010-05-03-15.53.39.jpeg  
Old May 3rd 2010, 7:16 pm
OnlyLivingBoyInNewCross

rinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond repute

I think labour too,

Expecting a lot over the coming week reminding people that they have had the most econimically fruitfull decade or so in generations, that was before the "Global financial crisis" hardly something you can balme Gordon for ffs.

The UK Govt have acted strongly and thrown money and their reputation at it to try and dig us out of a hole and should be applauded for it.

We always have the corruption angle but I have yet to see a political party that hasn't got this problem??

Got a feeling labour will just about clinch it, they've got my vote, rather see a steady ship in these times than any party that hasn't seen power for over a decade try and learn the ropes.
Old May 3rd 2010, 7:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Then please vote here if you haven't done so:-

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=666346

I don't really care who wins the election as long as the Pound gets a bit stronger than it is now.
Old May 4th 2010, 8:45 am
Forum Regular

mark wool is a splendid one to beholdmark wool is a splendid one to beholdmark wool is a splendid one to beholdmark wool is a splendid one to beholdmark wool is a splendid one to beholdmark wool is a splendid one to beholdmark wool is a splendid one to beholdmark wool is a splendid one to beholdmark wool is a splendid one to beholdmark wool is a splendid one to beholdmark wool is a splendid one to behold

Stop worrying! Convert enough to get buy ie.deposit for rent and a car. Hopefully you should have jobs to come to and if you havent what you coming for. Do your research this country is now one of the most expensive to live in the world!
Old May 4th 2010, 8:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by mark wool
Stop worrying! Convert enough to get buy ie.deposit for rent and a car. Hopefully you should have jobs to come to and if you havent what you coming for. Do your research this country is now one of the most expensive to live in the world!
Exactly what I'm doing, start my job 17/5/10
Old May 4th 2010, 8:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Old May 4th 2010, 10:24 am
Forum Regular

mark wool is a splendid one to beholdmark wool is a splendid one to beholdmark wool is a splendid one to beholdmark wool is a splendid one to beholdmark wool is a splendid one to beholdmark wool is a splendid one to beholdmark wool is a splendid one to beholdmark wool is a splendid one to beholdmark wool is a splendid one to beholdmark wool is a splendid one to beholdmark wool is a splendid one to behold

That is the way to do it. As long as you are earning resonable money you will be fine. I was here a week then started the graft but it also gave a better perspective of the place. Just keep going it might be a bit tough to start but you will have prepared for that. Best of luck let me know how u get on.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.