Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

1.93's A$ to the Pound!!!

1.93's A$ to the Pound!!!

Old Sep 28th 2009, 9:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: 1.93's A$ to the Pound!!!

Originally Posted by Keith Moon
Yeh its funny, only a few days to go, hate the winter here, we had no house to sell, long term renters, not alot to take with us, need work within a month or so, so the rate is poor, but won't make alot of difference as i hope to be earning more or less within 4 weeks, paid within six weeks in Ozz dollars. If not its the beach and living off cheap beer!

But you have brightened my day up! Good luck to yeh mate! Mr Cro

Keith
Just be careful, the beer is more expensive in Aus !!!!

The beaches are nice though
Old Sep 28th 2009, 10:19 pm
Banned

Keith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stu Ward
Just be careful, the beer is more expensive in Aus !!!!

The beaches are nice though
Life is far too short to worry about expensive beer, better to worry about the shortage in the supply of beer!!

I have a feeling me and Sir Cro will have some soon, been out tonite!!

Always Keith
Old Sep 28th 2009, 10:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

MrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Keith Moon
Life is far too short to worry about expensive beer, better to worry about the shortage in the supply of beer!!

I have a feeling me and Sir Cro will have some soon, been out tonite!!

Always Keith
Where there's a beer I'm near!
Old Sep 29th 2009, 3:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like it might slip to 1.81 ( 55p for those in OZ ) this afternoon. Very close to it now ...

My UK holiday plans are going swell
Old Sep 29th 2009, 3:41 am
BE Enthusiast

hereandthere has a reputation beyond reputehereandthere has a reputation beyond reputehereandthere has a reputation beyond reputehereandthere has a reputation beyond reputehereandthere has a reputation beyond reputehereandthere has a reputation beyond reputehereandthere has a reputation beyond reputehereandthere has a reputation beyond reputehereandthere has a reputation beyond reputehereandthere has a reputation beyond reputehereandthere has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jad n rich
Looks like it might slip to 1.81 ( 55p for those in OZ ) this afternoon. Very close to it now ...

My UK holiday plans are going swell
I note Mervyn King spent a few moments in Stockholm at the weekend. That ain't gonna help matters either.
Old Sep 29th 2009, 5:50 am
Forum Regular

Sharpy67 has a brilliant futureSharpy67 has a brilliant futureSharpy67 has a brilliant futureSharpy67 has a brilliant futureSharpy67 has a brilliant futureSharpy67 has a brilliant futureSharpy67 has a brilliant future

S##T, what I would give for $1.93 now.
I have some money that I want to bring over, cause its earning bugger all interest in the UK bank!!! what to do? what to do?
Old Sep 29th 2009, 6:04 am
poole ,dorset . love it

king kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond repute

50cents to the uk peso come next english summer . This exchange rate at the moment is just a conspiracy between the british and the aussies ,to boost the uk labour force because all the poles have left and the aussies dont want any more brits because the indians work harder and are better for trade connections . my opinion ofcourse .

Last edited by king kong; Sep 29th 2009 at 6:08 am.
Old Sep 29th 2009, 7:17 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by king kong
50cents to the uk peso come next english summer . This exchange rate at the moment is just a conspiracy between the british and the aussies ,to boost the uk labour force because all the poles have left and the aussies dont want any more brits because the indians work harder and are better for trade connections . my opinion ofcourse .
A good theory
Old Sep 29th 2009, 7:19 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat055 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by chilliman
Yup I too coud be swinging from a tree!!!
Not sure I would want to buy the rope at current exchange rates...

it will get better soon; all those wanting cheap pounds have had their chance, so perhaps the flow can turn, and a >$2 to the pound can return.

Failing that, I will buy US dollars, and a load of cheap property in Florida and let it out
Old Sep 29th 2009, 7:49 am
BE Enthusiast

chilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nice

Originally Posted by ValeSpark
Not sure I would want to buy the rope at current exchange rates...

it will get better soon; all those wanting cheap pounds have had their chance, so perhaps the flow can turn, and a >$2 to the pound can return.

Failing that, I will buy US dollars, and a load of cheap property in Florida and let it out
Or buy a rope in the UK and take it out with me

When my folks emmigrated to Oz it was down at 1.8-1.9 to the £. Que cera cera!!
Old Sep 29th 2009, 9:05 am
BE Enthusiast

MrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by chilliman
Or buy a rope in the UK and take it out with me

When my folks emmigrated to Oz it was down at 1.8-1.9 to the £. Que cera cera!!
good thing in Oz unlike here is you can import up to around $1000 worth of goods without paying GST (VAT) where as in UK they VAT you on anything over something like £17!!!

so anything you need just buy with UK money delivered to Oz! Got to work out better than hit on exchange rate, you might even be able to not pay the VAT on the goods as I'm sure if exported it's not VATable (but could be wrong on that)

Some OK GDP figures out in UK this morning, Q2 down 0.6% which was originally expected to be 0.7% but had no effect on £ value! Stockmarkets in Europe down even though asia did well, american futures in the red at the mo.

It's one year today that the Dow crashed over 700 points - REPLAY DUE COME ON!!!!!
Old Sep 29th 2009, 10:57 am
BE Enthusiast

chilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nice

Originally Posted by MrCro
good thing in Oz unlike here is you can import up to around $1000 worth of goods without paying GST (VAT) where as in UK they VAT you on anything over something like £17!!!

so anything you need just buy with UK money delivered to Oz! Got to work out better than hit on exchange rate, you might even be able to not pay the VAT on the goods as I'm sure if exported it's not VATable (but could be wrong on that)
That's very interesting, looks like my UK credit card will take a hammering then! You can claim the VAT back with certain retailers so all good!

I have been looking at the currency flop a little differently, yes I missed out on a huge chunk of cash. What would I use it for - property. So if I replace what lost with mortgage the interest payments in fact halve the perceived paper loss ... made me feel a little better anyway!?
Old Sep 29th 2009, 10:58 am
BE Enthusiast

jumped from low 1.81's into 1.83's in last hour or so - get up!!!
Old Sep 29th 2009, 11:10 am
BE Enthusiast

charlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by MrCro
jumped from low 1.81's into 1.83's in last hour or so - get up!!!
lets hope so, we have got gbp,

Last edited by charlie brown; Sep 29th 2009 at 12:42 pm. Reason: making myself clear
Old Sep 29th 2009, 12:24 pm
Account Closed

mindblower is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by charlie brown
lets hope so,

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.