Old Jan 27th 2008, 2:29 pm
pink 'n' bouncy

stuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond repute
Default 0044

Thinking of getting a 0044 sim card for my trip to Aus.They clain you can easily top up all over the place in shops,garages etc.

Anyone had any experiences with them ??

Lee
Old Jan 27th 2008, 3:16 pm
Beach Bum

Location: living it large on the beautiful Mornington Penninsula
paul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud of
Default Re: 0044

Originally Posted by stuckinblighty
Thinking of getting a 0044 sim card for my trip to Aus.They clain you can easily top up all over the place in shops,garages etc.

Anyone had any experiences with them ??

Lee
Can't say I've heard of them. I got a vodafone sim on my recent trip cost me $40 but that came with $130 worth of calls/texts
Old Jan 27th 2008, 7:55 pm
Just Joined

Onthemovesoon is an unknown quantity at this point

get the Vodfone $49 maxicap and you now get £310 worth of credit to use on anything, I use mine only for international calls to mobiles and get just over 5 hours of calls

Originally Posted by paul30
Can't say I've heard of them. I got a vodafone sim on my recent trip cost me $40 but that came with $130 worth of calls/texts
Old Jan 28th 2008, 1:27 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat001 is just really nicescrubbedexpat001 is just really nicescrubbedexpat001 is just really nicescrubbedexpat001 is just really nicescrubbedexpat001 is just really nicescrubbedexpat001 is just really nicescrubbedexpat001 is just really nicescrubbedexpat001 is just really nice

Yep, we used these peeps to get a sim for our 2007 reckie and to be honest wish we hadn't bothered.

We ended up with a "go-talk" sim card (they use the Optus Network) which came with $30 of credit, we had to register it on-line with an Australian Address and pick a plan (they advise you which one). This credit lasted out the Holiday with my OH phoning/txt'ing her aunts in VIC & QLD.

We started to use it when we came back in Nov 2007 and the only way we've been able to top-up is using our Oz credit card, the minimum is $10 and that doesn't go very far. Wife's now got a contract 3 Mobile, I start work this week so I'll probably get a PAYG 3 Mobile (I've got unlocked phones from the UK so I don't need a handset).

If I were to do it all again I'd just go into a shop & pick up a PAYG sim.
Old Jan 28th 2008, 4:29 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

We have to dial 001144 not just 0044 BTW.
Old Jan 29th 2008, 12:46 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat001 is just really nicescrubbedexpat001 is just really nicescrubbedexpat001 is just really nicescrubbedexpat001 is just really nicescrubbedexpat001 is just really nicescrubbedexpat001 is just really nicescrubbedexpat001 is just really nicescrubbedexpat001 is just really nice

Originally Posted by worzel
We have to dial 001144 not just 0044 BTW.
0044 is the name of the company - www.0044.co.uk
Old Jan 29th 2008, 1:01 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by filcomm
0044 is the name of the company - www.0044.co.uk
I got that. Just thought some people might appreciate that piece of info while it crossed my mind.