Reload this Page >

£30,000 in six months!!!!

Wikiposts

£30,000 in six months!!!!

Old Mar 22nd 2004, 3:23 am
Look at me kimmie

leanda will become famous soon enoughleanda will become famous soon enough
Default £30,000 in six months!!!!

Had the agent around today to value the house, and it has gone up in price by £30,000 since last September, said houses in the area are selling like " hot cakes " so finally some good news coming, I tried but failed to look calm when he told me and I nearly ripped his contract out of his hand to sign, said that they have not stopped since Christmas and should have not trouble reaching the full asking price, even if we don't still amazed by the increase, no wonder first time buyers are thin on the ground.
Old Mar 22nd 2004, 3:32 am
Next stop Gold coast

plumber is an unknown quantity at this point

Get the board up!

all the best plum

Last edited by plumber; Mar 22nd 2004 at 3:35 am.
Old Mar 22nd 2004, 3:38 am
Impressive Member

lostkiwi is an unknown quantity at this point

Sold our house last week - made £35,000 in six months also (bought the puppy in August last year) - mind you we did refurbish it - all in the price of the house increased by £54,000 in 6 months - not bad. The market does seem to be heating up again... we actually intended listing it in Dec but decided to wait & watch - rang the estate agent last week to list and screw him down on comission - sold it at asking price (which was £10,000 above all agent recommendations) in 3 days. Rock and roll!

Wont last though - so be careful!

J
Old Mar 22nd 2004, 4:40 am
BE Enthusiast

pockygoes will become famous soon enough

Hiya

We are about to put the house on the market. We are going to try to sell ourselves to start - we sold the last 2 that way!!

There are 4 houses up for sale in the village & there was a steady stream of people doing the drive past yesterday - so will get the for sale board up as soon as poss.

£30,000 more - wow - just think what extra that will buy in Oz -
a larger pool!!!!

Will you go as soon as you sell or have you a date in mind?

congrats

pockygoes
Old Mar 22nd 2004, 4:58 am
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

30k, how cool is that. I bet your shock was a bit like ours when we had estate agents around.
We bought ours for £64,950 spent just under 7k doing it up. That included carpets curtains and wardobes too. He put a ticket on it of £115,00 to £120,000. I nearly died. It took us around 12 weeks to do plus loads of hard work everyday after work and weekends but well worth it.

Best of luck with the sale

Sarah
Old Mar 22nd 2004, 4:59 am
earlswood

Originally posted by lostkiwi
Sold our house last week - made £35,000 in six months also (bought the puppy in August last year) - mind you we did refurbish it - all in the price of the house increased by £54,000 in 6 months - not bad. The market does seem to be heating up again... we actually intended listing it in Dec but decided to wait & watch - rang the estate agent last week to list and screw him down on comission - sold it at asking price (which was £10,000 above all agent recommendations) in 3 days. Rock and roll!

Wont last though - so be careful!

J
I must be the only one living under the bloody crap cloud then.

4 weeks ago ours went up, in Jan everything around us was selling in a week!! We were the only house with For Sale in our supposedly "much sought after area"!!

Wev'e had 2 viewings and now 2 others are on the market 5K more because prices rose last month

I was told by your move I lived in a show home

Where's my bloody buyers then???

Sorry!! rant over think positive "Everything is happening for my highest good!!!"

Back to the book eh plumber

Old Mar 22nd 2004, 5:10 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by earlswood
I must be the only one living under the bloody crap cloud then.

4 weeks ago ours went up, in Jan everything around us was selling in a week!! We were the only house with For Sale in our supposedly "much sought after area"!!

Wev'e had 2 viewings and now 2 others are on the market 5K more because prices rose last month

I was told by your move I lived in a show home

Where's my bloody buyers then???

Sorry!! rant over think positive "Everything is happening for my highest good!!!"

Back to the book eh plumber
we went with your move too, we thought they went over the top. it sounds like you got the same patter we got from them. we doubled our money in 4 years. but beware. we never did see the guy who valued the house again. the girls in the office took over the minute he walked out the door.
he was more like a salesman.
but we sold in a week . not for the amount he claimed we would get but hey we are happy now.

soapy
Old Mar 22nd 2004, 5:16 am
earlswood

Originally posted by soapy
we went with your move too, we thought they went over the top. it sounds like you got the same patter we got from them. we doubled our money in 4 years. but beware. we never did see the guy who valued the house again. the girls in the office took over the minute he walked out the door.
he was more like a salesman.
but we sold in a week . not for the amount he claimed we would get but hey we are happy now.

soapy
Thanks Soapy,

We didn't see the valuer again either, we were impressed with the web stuff and national coverage though.

Glad yours moved quickly though

Old Mar 22nd 2004, 5:18 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by earlswood
Thanks Soapy,

We didn't see the valuer again either, we were impressed with the web stuff and national coverage though.

Glad yours moved quickly though

dont worry too much the fith person who saw the house bought it.
good luck to eveyone trying to sell.
i dont think u will need it though

soapy
Old Mar 22nd 2004, 8:00 am
Forum Regular

Kelly T is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow. I thought the housing market was meant to be slowing down.
We won't be ready to sell until hopefully May/June 2005, so let's hope it stays the same.
Old Mar 22nd 2004, 8:42 am
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

ours has gained an extra £20,000 in 5 mths.

Put our on the market last monday, got the asking price from the 2nd viewer on the friday!!!

happy days and fingers croosed the surveyor doesn't find anything too scary for them!!!!
Old Mar 22nd 2004, 8:46 am
WBB

with the housing market going as mad as it is at the moment we are glad we are not planning on selling up for another 12 months.
lets hope the buyers continue to line up.

Old Mar 22nd 2004, 8:46 am
99.99999% there !

EssexNobby is an unknown quantity at this point

Aren't house prices in the UK crazy !!!

We bought ours for £92k 8 years ago. Had the estate agent round on the weekend and he said that we'd get £360k for it and it'd sell quickly.

Bloody crackers really. There's no way that I'd pay £360k for it, even if I had that kind of money !!!
Old Mar 22nd 2004, 9:29 am
Go Banana's !!

Originally posted by EssexNobby
Aren't house prices in the UK crazy !!!

We bought ours for £92k 8 years ago. Had the estate agent round on the weekend and he said that we'd get £360k for it and it'd sell quickly.

Bloody crackers really. There's no way that I'd pay £360k for it, even if I had that kind of money !!!

Just about to go on the market. First of 5 estate agents are due tommorrow. Had it valued last July, will let you know if it is a dramatic rise - hope so !! Good luck all

Old Mar 22nd 2004, 9:57 am
Next stop Gold coast

plumber is an unknown quantity at this point

Don't worry Earlswood ....everythink sells Easter !

plum knows best!

ps get the sented candles on the go!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.