Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

£300 I have no chance

£300 I have no chance

Old Jul 27th 2005, 4:00 am
HUP
Brain Drained

HUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: £300 I have no chance

Originally Posted by nfernand
To have good standard of living I reckon a combin annual salary should be $100K. I have only lived for 3 months. So not the correct person to say.
Oh christ here we go again
Old Jul 27th 2005, 4:14 am
Badge

Originally Posted by HUP
Oh christ here we go again
Fingers in ears. I can't hear ANYTHING.

Badge

Old Jul 27th 2005, 4:26 am
ABCDiamond

To have good standard of living I reckon a combin annual salary should be $100K. I have only lived for 3 months. So not the correct person to say.
Shsss.. don't tell my wife, we get by on half that. If she thinks we should be on more, she'll send me out to work

Old Jul 27th 2005, 6:26 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Badge
Fingers in ears. I can't hear ANYTHING.

Badge
Me either, fingers in ears... *tuneless humming la la laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa*
Old Jul 27th 2005, 9:12 am
Account Closed

ROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really nice

nfernand, may I just say how remarkable your typing is for a 3 month old....your parents must be sooo proud

Old Jul 27th 2005, 11:56 am
Forum Regular

marie197500 has much to be proud ofmarie197500 has much to be proud ofmarie197500 has much to be proud ofmarie197500 has much to be proud ofmarie197500 has much to be proud ofmarie197500 has much to be proud ofmarie197500 has much to be proud ofmarie197500 has much to be proud ofmarie197500 has much to be proud ofmarie197500 has much to be proud ofmarie197500 has much to be proud of

£300 what ocupation was that for and where did you see it ???????
Old Jul 27th 2005, 3:07 pm
Just Joined

younggary is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by marie197500
£300 what ocupation was that for and where did you see it ???????
Full time Butcher. We r trying to suss things out from this end first to see if that is the going rate for my job.
Old Jul 28th 2005, 1:38 pm
Just Joined

younggary is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bradley7
Hi

Would depend on where you're going to live, what kind of car/home etc you want. Some parts of Aus that'd be a fairly good wage. Will find you a link for cost of living etc if you want?

Cheers
Bradley,
Thanks for reply sorry it's taken us so long to get back !! The link for the cost of living would be great if you get 5 mins.
Cheers
G & J
Old Jul 28th 2005, 1:48 pm
Banned

Location: Manchester-Sydney August 07 and maybe Brisbane or Melbourne 08
alkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hevs
AL, something else you need to learn quick, a plot is something you buy for when you've finished living your dream, a block is something you buy whithin which to live it

(The real estate people had many a laugh at me for that one )
cheers hevs, i meant acreage, but again. im using englsh not aussie language, and will soon learn as you did, by mistakes when we get there and they have no idea what im n about(especially football,LOL) and we will soon pick it up..

Thanks again for my australian classes. You should start charging me!

al.x
Old Jul 28th 2005, 6:54 pm
Banned

Bradley7 will become famous soon enoughBradley7 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by younggary
Bradley,
Thanks for reply sorry it's taken us so long to get back !! The link for the cost of living would be great if you get 5 mins.
Cheers
G & J

Ok try this one it compares different citys and countrys!

http://www.gomatilda.com/calculator/index.cfm
Old Jul 28th 2005, 11:41 pm
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by Bradley7
Ok try this one it compares different citys and countrys!

http://www.gomatilda.com/calculator/index.cfm
Be wary with the results from this calculator...

I checked the Interstate side and got the following:

If I earn $1,000 per week in Sydney and move to Brisbane I must earn $519.31 per week to maintain my standard of living

Having moved from Sydney to Brisbane, I can say that this was NOT correct in our case