Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

£2 for a credit check Experian

£2 for a credit check Experian

Old Feb 11th 2004, 4:48 pm
Purveyor of Beaches

DavidT has a spectacular aura aboutDavidT has a spectacular aura aboutDavidT has a spectacular aura about
Default £2 for a credit check Experian

Not sure if it has been covered before but thought it may be usefull (for the solvent ones at least) to have a recent copy of a credit report by Experian who are one of the largest credit reference checking agencies. It takes 7 working days, can be done online at www.experian.co.uk & cost £2. My bank of 20 yrs wanted £9 toossers. Think i will take my debts elsewhere
All part of my evidence to get a mortgage or whatever. Good luck You never know but it might highlight a problem before you go.:scared:
Old Feb 11th 2004, 7:30 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

www.equifax.co.uk is the other major credit record agency. It is worth getting just too see that they have the records correct. I am not sure whether they will fit into Australian banks credit scoring but it cannot hurt.
Old Feb 11th 2004, 11:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

dracupg is an unknown quantity at this point

Your credit score numbers are meaningless here, as they use a different calculation basis, so the credit history from Experian or Equifax is pretty much useless other than to confirm your balances and credit limits which you would have on your most recent statements anyway. We were never asked for ours.

Worth paying the bank to write a reference letter “… had been a client of good standing of the bank for xx years …� or whatever.