£10 aussies

Old Apr 30th 2004, 12:09 pm
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute
Default £10 aussies

How many of us could have been aussies if only our parents had, had the courage to go on the £10 deal.
Ill put me hand up ... my mum and dad filled in the application form but got cold feet.
Would have saved me a lot of time and effort i suppose although I am now in nz
Old Apr 30th 2004, 12:10 pm
life begins again...

scutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to all
Default Re: £10 aussies

Originally posted by sky
How many of us could have been aussies if only our parents had, had the courage to go on the £10 deal.
Ill put me hand up ... my mum and dad filled in the application form but got cold feet.

bugger,.. and here i was thinking you were selling some off cheap. I was gonna put my name down for kylie!
Old Apr 30th 2004, 12:15 pm
ABCDiamond

Originally posted by scutterUK
bugger,.. and here i was thinking you were selling some off cheap. I was gonna put my name down for kylie!
It's good to see how some peoples minds work

I must be getting old ! I didn't think of that

Old Apr 30th 2004, 1:01 pm
Go the BNE Roar

TrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond repute

My dads folks were very close to heading off to Oz.

They were actually at the port ready to board the ship when my gran backed out as she would miss home/people to much.

TT

Originally posted by sky
Old Apr 30th 2004, 1:03 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by sky
I was actually offered a number of jobs in New Zealand over 30 years ago.We only had one child at the time.
We considered it but in those days It was an Horrendous journey and would have been imposible to visit home.
I was living on the Berkshire downs in those days and eventually took a job in Doncaster instead
I was only 22 at the time and Kate was 20.It seemed Toooo far to go.
If I had known about house prices etc. in tose days I may even have stayed in Berkshire!!

Que sera

G
Old Apr 30th 2004, 1:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

booboo1 is an unknown quantity at this point

My mum and dad were £10 migrants and that is how I got to be born here in Melbourne and received my aussie birth certificate and therefore my lovely aussie passport. ahhh such bliss!!!

booboo
Old Apr 30th 2004, 1:22 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by booboo
My mum and dad were £10 migrants and that is how I got to be born here in Melbourne and received my aussie birth certificate and therefore my lovely aussie passport. ahhh such bliss!!!

booboo

Drinks are on you next week then Booboo being the only Aussie at the Ex Pat meet.
Old Apr 30th 2004, 1:30 pm
yer twistin mi melons man

johanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nice

Originally posted by Bordy
Drinks are on you next week then Booboo being the only Aussie at the Ex Pat meet.
Im one as well Bordy, aussie that is. If im feeling generous i may put my hand in mi pocket and buy some drinks of lemonade of course...
Old Apr 30th 2004, 1:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

booboo1 is an unknown quantity at this point

c u there Bordy... looking forward to it

booboo
Old Apr 30th 2004, 1:49 pm
life begins again...

scutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to all

Originally posted by Grayling
I was living on the Berkshire downs in those days and eventually took a job in Doncaster instead
i know what you mean!!! oz or doncaster.... hmmm tough one!
Old Apr 30th 2004, 2:56 pm
Phoenixuk2oz

Originally posted by scutterUK
i know what you mean!!! oz or doncaster.... hmmm tough one!
Yeh......now I've got my visa.......I'm having a tough decision too.
Bradford or Brisbane

To answer the question:
We nearly lived in Oz too. Parents were declined cos they had "too many dependants" [I'm one of four siblings].

So parents gave up and went to live in Cyprus instead

Phoenixuk2oz

Old Apr 30th 2004, 3:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by sky
Well, how close was I?
My Mother and Father split up.
My Brother went to live with my Dad and I stayed with my Mother.
My Dad remarried.
My Dad my Brother and Stepmother all emmigrated to Oz for 10 pounds on the boat, and I was stuck in the UK for a further 36 years and didn't see my dad again and it took 34 years before I saw my Brother.

Whisky
Old Apr 30th 2004, 3:16 pm
Phoenixuk2oz

Originally posted by whisky
Well, how close was I?
My Mother and Father split up.
My Brother went to live with my Dad and I stayed with my Mother.
My Dad remarried.
My Dad my Brother and Stepmother all emmigrated to Oz for 10 pounds on the boat, and I was stuck in the UK for a further 36 years and didn't see my dad again and it took 34 years before I saw my Brother.

Whisky
Wow.......this really makes ya think that life really does take some funny directions

Hope it all worked out well with you and your bro?

Phoenixuk2oz

Old Apr 30th 2004, 3:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Gravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by sky

Hi Sky

My parents were £10 Tourists. They leave the UK in 1966 when I was only 1 year old.

Unfortunetly my father died in OZ in 1969 and my mum decided to come back to the UK to be with family and friends. I can't blame her as she had 4 kids and no family around her.

I often wonder what would have been. Now I'm trying to get back there.

Gravyman
Old Apr 30th 2004, 3:59 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Well, not pounds, and certainly not 10, but I'll join in anyway, as always
(I'll probably be on here less and less btw, cos we have a rapidly growing dutchexpat site )

Well, my parents migrated in 1987, and my dad, my brother and I became citizens bij grant.
They first wanted to migrate before I was born, so then I would've been an Aussie by birth!
Here's a thread about my parents migration: http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...1987+nl+Simone

Apparently my grandparents once wanted to migrate to Peru....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.