£ v's $Aud

Old Aug 21st 2003, 12:21 pm
Forum Regular

scallywag is an unknown quantity at this point
Default £ v's $Aud

Is the $Aud just going to keep getting stronger against the pound, was hoping to get $2.5 to the £, will that be reached again in 2 or 3 months??

Any comments

Phil
Old Aug 21st 2003, 12:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice65 million is just really nice

Was hoping for a bounce too, but looking at this one year graph, doesnt look to promising.
Attached Thumbnails £ v's $Aud-%C3%82%C2%A3-vs-aud%24.gif  
Old Aug 21st 2003, 12:47 pm
Forum Regular

sydneybound is an unknown quantity at this point

Boooooo....

Why's it getting so strong ??
Old Aug 21st 2003, 1:11 pm
Forum Regular

Gavin B is an unknown quantity at this point

I am desperate to be back in Oct 02 right now!!!
Old Aug 21st 2003, 8:27 pm
Forum Regular

mikeburt is an unknown quantity at this point

know nothing about currency but can I assume that if the ozzie housing market falters and begins to fall back ,may this force a rate cut in oz which could/should weaken the $aus.
Or if you look at it another way,if the housing market falls back a bit which may well happen you will be no worse off-it'll all just balance itself out.
I have been looking at house rentals for the last 4/5 months and it does appear to be getting cheaper in this market area which in turn may suggest too many investment properties,too few punters!
Old Aug 21st 2003, 9:25 pm
plumber39

Interest rates too high!
Propertie's too high!
Oz Dollar only strong, because of weak US Dollar!
It will only take one of these too faulter, to cause Dollar melt down. Hold tight say's plumber.

Old Aug 21st 2003, 10:05 pm
I'm lovin' it

chippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to all
Default Re: £ v's $Aud

Originally posted by scallywag
Is the $Aud just going to keep getting stronger against the pound, was hoping to get $2.5 to the £, will that be reached again in 2 or 3 months??

Any comments

Phil
No one can know for certain of course, but I think it will get worse before it gets better.

Gold & commodities tend to rise in times of global uncertainty, which continues to be the case at the moment. The Aus markets are correlated to these and will tend to rally with them. I hope I'm wrong, I really do.

Plumber
I know you're only a plumber, but I'm not so sure properties are too high. From what I've read, in some parts of Aus they've got a way to go yet, having been undervalued in the first place.