£900 OH MY!

Old Aug 16th 2007, 12:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

shabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of light
Default £900 OH MY!

Just been quoted £900 for our medicals and chest xrays in Aberdeen, thats for 2 Adults and 2 kids aged 11 & 13. Is this about average for medicals. Just wondered!
Sharon
x
Old Aug 16th 2007, 3:13 pm
Forum Regular

amy0stevie is just really niceamy0stevie is just really niceamy0stevie is just really niceamy0stevie is just really niceamy0stevie is just really niceamy0stevie is just really niceamy0stevie is just really niceamy0stevie is just really nice
Default Re: £900 OH MY!

Phone around everywhere you are willing to travel to, we were quoted a ridiculous price for medicals in Perth and ended up going to Bonnyrigg for half the price. We were approx £100 each for the medicals including blood tests in Bonnyrigg. The Xrays we had done in Perth for £46 from what i can remember. This was all per adult, sure child rates are lower. I remember phoning somewhere further north that did medicals for £65! Im sure it was Garthdee, have you tried them?

Theres the list incase you dont have it;

http://www.immi.gov.au/contacts/over...-doctors.htm#g

Amy X
Old Aug 16th 2007, 6:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shabee
Just been quoted £900 for our medicals and chest xrays in Aberdeen, thats for 2 Adults and 2 kids aged 11 & 13. Is this about average for medicals. Just wondered!
Sharon
x
Pretty much the same here. £280 for the Xrays and £595 for medicals! 2 adults and 2 kids (who had to pay adult price - ages 14 & 12)
i will never understand how it can be so expensive for an hour of their time!
Was in Manchester by the way BUT they were fantastic people
Old Aug 16th 2007, 6:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

tony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nice

Sharon
x
we paid £585 for 2 adults 2 kids aged 12 and 9.
we had done at hansworth, birmingham. which was £200 cheaper than where we live.
Old Aug 16th 2007, 6:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tony s
we paid £585 for 2 adults 2 kids aged 12 and 9.
we had done at hansworth, birmingham. which was £200 cheaper than where we live.
good work
Old Aug 16th 2007, 6:51 pm
Registered madwife!

itsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really niceitsjulie is just really nice

With the delay in medical processing times and the number of posts complaining that medical reports that have gone missing, it might be worth you looking around for Dr's who send reports via email. It might cost you a little more but at least it gets there quicker. I wish we had done that. We had medicals over 2wks ago and LCU not received them as yet.

Our xrays were £210 each and medicals £95 each in Preston. Used them as they were nearest and cheapest. Wish we'd gone to manchester nowfor quicker processing!

Never mind, patience is a virtue
Old Aug 16th 2007, 7:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

nurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant future

I think ours were £600 for 2 adults and 2 children - aged 3 and 5 - that including extra blood tests as we are both nurses. That was with Dr Smith in Manchester.

Lindsey
Old Aug 16th 2007, 7:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

annkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud of

hiya, we also had our meds done in Aberdeen, 2adults @£112 and my daughter is in healthcare @£198 , we went to fernbrae dundee for xrays @£65 we were £55 to courier them over to OZ, If you all go to Fernbrae Dundee i was told that they could have done it all for a cost of £165p/p for 3 adults, we had them done in July. I hope this helps
Old Aug 17th 2007, 9:02 am
BE Enthusiast

shabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by amy0stevie
Phone around everywhere you are willing to travel to, we were quoted a ridiculous price for medicals in Perth and ended up going to Bonnyrigg for half the price. We were approx £100 each for the medicals including blood tests in Bonnyrigg. The Xrays we had done in Perth for £46 from what i can remember. This was all per adult, sure child rates are lower. I remember phoning somewhere further north that did medicals for £65! Im sure it was Garthdee, have you tried them?

Theres the list incase you dont have it;

http://www.immi.gov.au/contacts/over...-doctors.htm#g

Amy X
Hi Amy it was Garthdee that quoted that price, but I am going to phone around like you guy's have suggested. Will try Dundee and Perth. It might be worth traveling to get them done.
Thanks for all your replies.
Sharon
x
Old Aug 17th 2007, 10:11 am
BE Enthusiast

JohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of light

That does seem a lot - maybe you should "shop around". We didn't have much choice as we only had one panel doctor in the West of Ireland. Don't know about exchange rate, but we only paid $220 for the two of us plus two kids....... I think it was about €50 for 3 chest x-rays at the hospital on top of that.
Old Aug 17th 2007, 10:27 am
DownUnder

datamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond repute

Wait till you go to the dentist in Oz.... it'll all seem cheap then.

900 does sound way over, Ours were 175 per adult , 150 for teens or 80 for under 10, and that was down sound
Old Aug 17th 2007, 12:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by annkc
hiya, we also had our meds done in Aberdeen, 2adults @£112 and my daughter is in healthcare @£198 , we went to fernbrae dundee for xrays @£65 we were £55 to courier them over to OZ, If you all go to Fernbrae Dundee i was told that they could have done it all for a cost of £165p/p for 3 adults, we had them done in July. I hope this helps
Just been quoted from Fernbrae at £230 each which is dearer that Aberdeen.

Did not think there was anywhere dearer for anything than Aberdeen lol
Old Aug 17th 2007, 12:44 pm
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Sharon
x
Thats alot...we paid 150pounds each. 5 of us.
Old Aug 17th 2007, 1:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thats it got it sorted

Going to Perth for xrays £187 for 4 of us instead of £480 up here.

Staying in Aberdeen for Medicals £326 for 4 of us

Thanks for advice
Sharon