£6,500...

Old Jan 31st 2006, 7:00 pm

Issie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond repute
Default £6,500...

Thats our first quote for a visa validation holiday for early 2007 for a family of 4.......The price included Flights ( economy) to Sydney with a stopover at Hong Kong then fly to Perth for two weeks, all accomodation and a hire car included...

Any comments ????

Last edited by Issie; Jan 31st 2006 at 7:03 pm.
Old Jan 31st 2006, 7:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: £6,500...

Originally Posted by Issie
Thats our first quote for a visa validation holiday for early 2007 for a family of 4.......The price included Flights ( economy) to Sydney with a stopover at Hong Kong then fly to Perth for two weeks, all accomodation and a hire car included...

Any comments ????

Ist thought - ouch....then I saw car and accomm.... hmmm....I'd shop around...what dates the flights? U should be able to get the flights for 750 pounds each (ie 3K), car hire for 500 pounds, not sure about accomm.... if u like five star then it's prob about right....
Old Jan 31st 2006, 7:13 pm

Issie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ozzidoc
Ist thought - ouch....then I saw car and accomm.... hmmm....I'd shop around...what dates the flights? U should be able to get the flights for 750 pounds each (ie 3K), car hire for 500 pounds, not sure about accomm.... if u like five star then it's prob about right....
Thanx for the reply...looking at 4 th February 2007.

Will defo be shopping around.....I have emailed some rental accommodation too.
Would you advise to book everything separately then?
Old Jan 31st 2006, 7:24 pm
Cheeky member

Ransi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond repute

I've not looked at prices for what your'e after...but it does seem steep...defo shop around for a while yet...
Old Jan 31st 2006, 7:29 pm
Forum Regular

halcyon 52 is a name known to allhalcyon 52 is a name known to allhalcyon 52 is a name known to allhalcyon 52 is a name known to allhalcyon 52 is a name known to allhalcyon 52 is a name known to allhalcyon 52 is a name known to allhalcyon 52 is a name known to allhalcyon 52 is a name known to allhalcyon 52 is a name known to allhalcyon 52 is a name known to all

Any comments ????
Hi.

I am on a reccie trip on 03/04/2006.
We have 2 boys so there are 4 of us, we shopped around and have carefully costed the trip for 3 weeks and it comes to £6700. This is not staying in 5 star hotels and we are even renting a house for 2 weeks and a hotel for the other week.

The spending money (not car/accomodation) is included @ £2000

Dont book the car through a travel agent as its much cheaper to diy and you will get a better spec car - thanks James.
Old Jan 31st 2006, 7:33 pm

Originally Posted by halcyon 52
Hi.

We have 2 boys so there are 4 of us, we shopped around and have carefully costed the trip for 3 weeks and it comes to £6700. This is not staying in 5 star hotels and we are even renting a house for 2 weeks and a hotel for the other week.

Dont book the car through a travel agent as its much cheaper to diy and you will get a better spec car - thanks James.
Cheers James...our spend was not included in that total price.
Thanks for the tip about the car
Old Jan 31st 2006, 7:35 pm
Forum Regular

halcyon 52 is a name known to allhalcyon 52 is a name known to allhalcyon 52 is a name known to allhalcyon 52 is a name known to allhalcyon 52 is a name known to allhalcyon 52 is a name known to allhalcyon 52 is a name known to allhalcyon 52 is a name known to allhalcyon 52 is a name known to allhalcyon 52 is a name known to allhalcyon 52 is a name known to all

Cheers James...our spend was not included in that total price.
Thanks for the tip about the car
No problem
Old Jan 31st 2006, 7:43 pm
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

Hi.

We are also planning a reccie for november this year and out budget is 6k. I've priced up flights with singapore airlines from Manchester to Brisbane. They come to £3200 thats for 3 adults and 2 kids (we are taking MIL). We are looking a booking some basic rental accomodation. We are going to try and live as we would when we move there so will be eating in most of the time for about 2 weeks. Going to look at suburbs, hospitals, schools, possible jobs for hubby. Will spend 1 week as a 'holiday' doing touristy things and then money permitting will go to Sydney for a few days. It will be tight, but I think we can do it.
Old Jan 31st 2006, 7:51 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Mrs JFW
We are also planning a reccie for november this year and out budget is 6k. I've priced up flights with singapore airlines from Manchester to Brisbane. They come to £3200 thats for 3 adults and 2 kids (we are taking MIL). We are looking a booking some basic rental accomodation. We are going to try and live as we would when we move there so will be eating in most of the time for about 2 weeks. Going to look at suburbs, hospitals, schools, possible jobs for hubby. Will spend 1 week as a 'holiday' doing touristy things and then money permitting will go to Sydney for a few days. It will be tight, but I think we can do it.
£6000 should be fine.We have done the same as in renting a house and eating in a lot of the time. Not being negative but if we dont get in/dont go then I am looking at it as mainly a holiday as well. A week in the U.K in August is £1000 so thats what we should all remember - good luck
Old Jan 31st 2006, 7:51 pm

chris n will become famous soon enoughchris n will become famous soon enough

Any comments ????
We (family of four) probably spent that last year (Easter), but that included the spending money - didn't include Hong Kong, we went there on our first trip to Australia. Flew Emirates to Perth, Virgin Blue to Sydney and then Emirates back (only thing we booked through an agent).

Our accomodation was in the Saville Suites in Perth & the Crown Plaza in Sydney - booked direct over the phone. We would have booked a house in Perth (much cheaper) but left it too late. Hire car companies are two a penny - wait until you get there.

Chris
Old Jan 31st 2006, 7:55 pm
Sunning it up in Benowa

Location: Body in benowa, Mind in Benowa, the whole fricking thing in benowa MAN !!!!!
Jane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond repute

Yes defo Book seperately
If you have seen the accom you like you can try and find it on e- bookers.com or quickbeds.com as for car hire we booked on internet Budget came up cheapest
Good luck
Jane xxx
Old Jan 31st 2006, 7:55 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by chris n
We (family of four) probably spent that last year (Easter), but that included the spending money - didn't include Hong Kong, we went there on our first trip to Australia. Flew Emirates to Perth, Virgin Blue to Sydney and then Emirates back (only thing we booked through an agent).

Our accomodation was in the Saville Suites in Perth & the Crown Plaza in Sydney - booked direct over the phone. We would have booked a house in Perth (much cheaper) but left it too late. Hire car companies are two a penny - wait until you get there.

Chris
Chris is right - as said we are renting a new 3 bed house for 2 weeks @ £508 which I think is cheap (pomsinperth.com)
Old Jan 31st 2006, 7:58 pm

Chris is right - as said we are renting a new 3 bed house for 2 weeks @ £508 which I think is cheap (pomsinperth.com)
I have emailed Northperth rentals.....yet to reply , I will email PomsinPerth now ...thanx
Old Jan 31st 2006, 8:00 pm

Originally Posted by chris n

Chris
Cheers for that info Chris.....we are defo going to look into booking it seperatly now !!! Thanx
Old Jan 31st 2006, 8:16 pm
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

£6000 should be fine.We have done the same as in renting a house and eating in a lot of the time. Not being negative but if we dont get in/dont go then I am looking at it as mainly a holiday as well. A week in the U.K in August is £1000 so thats what we should all remember - good luck
thanks hal,

its trying to get a balance really. I don't want to bore the kids to death which is why MIL is coming. That way hubby and I can go off and do all the necessary stuff and MIL can take kids to beach/park/shops or whatever. I'm sure it will work out fine. the amount of time I spend researching on here our trip will be planned with military precision! lol.

Jackie

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.