Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

£280 return London / Sydney, it's coming

£280 return London / Sydney, it's coming

Old Jan 2nd 2006, 9:29 pm
Forum Regular

ndbarrett is a jewel in the roughndbarrett is a jewel in the roughndbarrett is a jewel in the roughndbarrett is a jewel in the roughndbarrett is a jewel in the rough
Default £280 return London / Sydney, it's coming

Just read in this mornings Sydney telegraph that Emirates is planning to sell return tickets starting next year for as little as £280.
They are going to use the new A380, get rid of the catering equipment, first class and put extra economy seating in for a total of 750 passengers.
Youd bring your own food and can but drinks at the on board bars.

Maybe someone has a link to the article, Im too lazy, but it certainly sounds like a good move.
It will be known as emirates expresss and will be run as an affshoot of emirates.
Old Jan 2nd 2006, 9:33 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: £280 return London / Sydney, it's coming

Originally Posted by ndbarrett
Just read in this mornings Sydney telegraph that Emirates is planning to sell return tickets starting next year for as little as £280.
They are going to use the new A380, get rid of the catering equipment, first class and put extra economy seating in for a total of 750 passengers.

Maybe someone has a link to the article, Im too lazy, but it certainly sounds like a good move.
It will be known as emirates expresss and will be run as an affshoot of emirates.

Sounds a good idea.
Old Jan 2nd 2006, 9:34 pm
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

A rough guess is that the fuel would cost around £265 per seat for the round trip.

A 380 must cost in the £100 - 150m bracket. I hope they've got cheap financing.......
Old Jan 2nd 2006, 9:34 pm
Des
Des

Des is just really niceDes is just really niceDes is just really niceDes is just really niceDes is just really niceDes is just really niceDes is just really niceDes is just really niceDes is just really nice

hey

read about it in todays daily mail here in the uk ,basically it was the same article. hope airbus can deliver the planes on time (the a380 is running behing schedule)so that we can benefit from these cheap fares. it will just make the oz market very competitive and possibly make the other airlines to reduce their fares.

des
Old Jan 2nd 2006, 9:37 pm
Forum Regular

ndbarrett is a jewel in the roughndbarrett is a jewel in the roughndbarrett is a jewel in the roughndbarrett is a jewel in the roughndbarrett is a jewel in the rough

It is going to cost $100 million to upgrade sydney airport for the a380, probably a rather large airport tax coming soon to sydney
Old Jan 2nd 2006, 9:39 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

I'll believe when I see it

Sounds like a good bit of free advertising to me.

I suspect that we will see pigs flying to Australia before we see those prices.

G
Old Jan 2nd 2006, 9:42 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Grayling
I'll believe when I see it

Sounds like a good bit of free advertising to me.

I suspect that we will see pigs flying to Australia before we see those prices.

G
Well the article did say prices "starting" at £280 so that would be for the following seats : 1a, 1b respectively.
Old Jan 2nd 2006, 9:44 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Well the article did say prices "starting" at £280 so that would be for the following seats : 1a, 1b respectively.
But think how much the bar could take in 24 hours plus what they'd save on catering.
Old Jan 2nd 2006, 9:54 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by fraser
But think how much the bar could take in 24 hours plus what they'd save on catering.
They could make some extra cash if they had a small motel next to the bar in case you picked up someone at the bar
Old Jan 2nd 2006, 9:55 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fraser

Its true, I do like a drink when Im doing long haul.
Old Jan 2nd 2006, 9:57 pm
Banned

Linda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of light

I will guarantee even if they pull it off, the prices going from Aus to UK will be dearer. Never understood why this is.
Old Jan 2nd 2006, 10:00 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Linda Lushardi
I will guarantee even if they pull it off, the prices going from Aus to UK will be dearer. Never understood why this is.
Yup, should be twice the price to fly into the lucky country

Maybe the logic is if youre stupid enough to leave oz, youll be a sucker and be willing to pay for your mistakes
Old Jan 2nd 2006, 10:02 pm
now just Shaun...

Shaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant future

They could make some extra cash if they had a small motel next to the bar in case you picked up someone at the bar
I like it !
Old Jan 2nd 2006, 10:04 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Shaun&Dee
I like it !
and if youre real ugly a few spiked drinks and youll easy be a member of the mile high club
Old Jan 2nd 2006, 10:06 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

and if youre real ugly a few spiked drinks and youll easy be a member of the mile high club
Speaking from experience are you
Anyway how do you spike a sheep

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.