Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

£10k phone/internet bank daily transfer limit?

£10k phone/internet bank daily transfer limit?

Old Sep 27th 2006, 8:58 am
Just Joined

moniquecmiller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default £10k phone/internet bank daily transfer limit?

Hi all

We were hoping to have completed our house sale before leaving!! Sooo..

Does anyone know of any method by which we could transfer all our house proceeds from our UK HSBC Acc to Ozforex, or the like, in one hit.

Fax indemnity etc.??

I did search the forum but could not get anything and am hoping to avoid visiting our local HSBC with whom we bank if possible.

Thanks
Monique
Old Sep 27th 2006, 9:24 am
Living the dream

LiveBait is just really niceLiveBait is just really niceLiveBait is just really niceLiveBait is just really niceLiveBait is just really niceLiveBait is just really niceLiveBait is just really niceLiveBait is just really niceLiveBait is just really nice
Default Re: £10k phone/internet bank daily transfer limit?

Hi there

We have the same problem. Our house sold and we wanted to move the money to a higher intrest rate and could only move 10k at a time. HSBC won't even move more if you visit the branch. We've just moved it to a cahoot account over the last week, and can then transfer the whole amount to moneycorp when we are ready.

All The best
LiveBait

Originally Posted by moniquecmiller
Hi all

Does anyone know of any method by which we could transfer all our house proceeds from our UK HSBC Acc to Ozforex, or the like, in one hit.

Fax indemnity etc.??

I did search the forum but could not get anything and am hoping to avoid visiting our local HSBC with whom we bank if possible.

Thanks
Monique
Old Sep 27th 2006, 9:52 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

A telegraphic transfer (CHAPS) can be arranged by your bank. They will charge you for this and its a same day transfer. All quite commonplace. Charges are usually around 25GBP to arrange one. Large sums cannot usually be transferred by internet for obvious reasons of security and a mistake being made.

Halifax for example will simply phone you back to confirm the details again and then do everything on the phone for you. No forms. No hassle.

Just ask to arrange a CHAPS payment and the bank should know what you mean then.
Old Sep 27th 2006, 9:56 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LiveBait
Hi there

We have the same problem. Our house sold and we wanted to move the money to a higher intrest rate and could only move 10k at a time. HSBC won't even move more if you visit the branch. We've just moved it to a cahoot account over the last week, and can then transfer the whole amount to moneycorp when we are ready.

All The best
LiveBait
You should be able to transfer it if you go to your bank and ask to do a CHAPS transfer. They may well charge you £25 for the privilege of moving your own manoy between places, but that's the way to do it. It's usually a same day service unless you do it very late in the day.

You can do a BACS transfer if you organise with the bank, but this takes up to 3 working days.

S
Old Sep 27th 2006, 11:28 am
BE Forum Addict

kevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
You should be able to transfer it if you go to your bank and ask to do a CHAPS transfer. They may well charge you £25 for the privilege of moving your own manoy between places, but that's the way to do it. It's usually a same day service unless you do it very late in the day.

You can do a BACS transfer if you organise with the bank, but this takes up to 3 working days.

S
is there an echo in here??
Old Sep 27th 2006, 11:31 am
Just Joined

Thankyou for the advise everyone.

Monique & Family
(soon off to Coolum Beach)
Old Sep 27th 2006, 12:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

kevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond repute

Thankyou for the advise everyone.

Monique & Family
(soon off to Coolum Beach)
My missus and our son are doing a parachute jump on to Coolum Beach, I'll get them to look out for you
Old Sep 27th 2006, 12:45 pm
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe ask for the proceeds of sale to be remitted to your solicitor's client bank account and then instruct him/her to transfer in accordance with your instructions?

Best regards.

Hi all

Fax indemnity etc.??

Thanks
Monique
Old Sep 27th 2006, 2:37 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by kevinbloomfield
My missus and our son are doing a parachute jump on to Coolum Beach, I'll get them to look out for you
What date are they jumping (tandems I geuss) and where do they take off from?

Monique
Old Sep 27th 2006, 2:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

What date are they jumping (tandems I geuss) and where do they take off from?

Monique
I haven't booked a date yet (it was a birthday pressie for my wife). The company is Australia Ramblers and I reckon they take off from somewhere in the Coolum area.