Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

£1 = $2.40 Fantastic

£1 = $2.40 Fantastic

Old Oct 6th 2008, 4:11 pm
Forum Regular

Paul from Poole is just really nicePaul from Poole is just really nicePaul from Poole is just really nicePaul from Poole is just really nicePaul from Poole is just really nicePaul from Poole is just really nicePaul from Poole is just really nicePaul from Poole is just really nice
Default £1 = $2.40 Fantastic

Just walked in the door after a weekend in Dubai. Estate agent calls to confirm my house buyer has offered another £20k for our house and wants to move very quickly then the money broker calls me to tell Aud is at 2.40 Lets av some of that, Fantastic Moving getting cheaper by the day. Pinch me someone. Noosa here we come 27th November.
Old Oct 6th 2008, 4:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Damson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: £1 = $2.40 Fantastic

Jammy bugger - only kidding! Apparently it hit $2.48 earlier too.

Good luck with everything
Old Oct 6th 2008, 6:05 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lorrielou
Jammy bugger - only kidding! Apparently it hit $2.48 earlier too.

Good luck with everything
no one knows which way it`ll go next do you lock it in at 2.4 with a 10% deposit or sit tight ??
Old Oct 6th 2008, 6:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: A Small Village in Somerset.......out in the sticks
memewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of light

is now 2.47!!
Old Oct 6th 2008, 8:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Basty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to all

Originally Posted by memewest
is now 2.47!!
I've just checked Ozforex and they are only quoting 2.3864 Where have you seen 2.47 and are these companies open 24hours or do we have to sit tight until tomorrow???
Old Oct 6th 2008, 9:04 pm
Forum Regular

nigel and wendy is just really nicenigel and wendy is just really nicenigel and wendy is just really nicenigel and wendy is just really nicenigel and wendy is just really nicenigel and wendy is just really nicenigel and wendy is just really nicenigel and wendy is just really nicenigel and wendy is just really nice

Originally Posted by Basty
I've just checked Ozforex and they are only quoting 2.3864 Where have you seen 2.47 and are these companies open 24hours or do we have to sit tight until tomorrow???

think you mite of missed it ....it peaked at 2.48 about 7.30 pm........now down to 2.41 but still a good rate compared to a few months ago

her`s a link to the site i use....just hit refresh every 10 mins or so

http://uk.finance.yahoo.com/currency...AUD&amt=1&t=1d
Old Oct 6th 2008, 9:19 pm
Forum Regular

nigel and wendy is just really nicenigel and wendy is just really nicenigel and wendy is just really nicenigel and wendy is just really nicenigel and wendy is just really nicenigel and wendy is just really nicenigel and wendy is just really nicenigel and wendy is just really nicenigel and wendy is just really nice

just relised.........oz has been awake for a few hours now,guess there fighting back ............perhaps now is good time to exchange your pounds??? or is it
Old Oct 6th 2008, 9:35 pm
Forum Regular

stephen elaine will become famous soon enoughstephen elaine will become famous soon enough
Smile Re: £1 = $2.40 Fantastic

£1 = $2.40 fantastic rate! exchanged today 12.30 am got $2.23 which I thought was pretty good,will keep watching over next couple of days fingers crossed rate may go upto the golden $2.50!! Good luck everyone
Old Oct 6th 2008, 9:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Basty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to all

Originally Posted by nigel and wendy
think you mite of missed it ....it peaked at 2.48 about 7.30 pm........now down to 2.41 but still a good rate compared to a few months ago

her`s a link to the site i use....just hit refresh every 10 mins or so

http://uk.finance.yahoo.com/currency...AUD&amt=1&t=1d
Thanks very much for that, will keep my eyes peeled
Old Oct 6th 2008, 10:13 pm
Forum Regular

no worries

i just hope u make a few more dollars by keepin your eye on the chart

i did earlier

i see your off to perth,nice,same here .....hopin to be there in jan next year
Old Oct 6th 2008, 10:28 pm
someone's had 'Alex'...

4lex is just really nice4lex is just really nice4lex is just really nice4lex is just really nice4lex is just really nice4lex is just really nice4lex is just really nice4lex is just really nice4lex is just really nice

http://www.fxstreet.com/rates-charts/currency-rates/ has live forex rates
Old Oct 6th 2008, 10:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: A Small Village in Somerset.......out in the sticks
memewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of light

Basty, try this site:

www.xe.com

Updates itself every 60 seconds.

At 2.44 whilst i'm writing this...

Can't stop watching this now....!!
Old Oct 6th 2008, 10:42 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by 4lex
nice

now i`m addicted to bloody live numbers !!

i thought i was sad watchin a graph !! just like being back at school !! lol

but needs must

cheers for the link
Old Oct 6th 2008, 11:10 pm
Where traffic lights rule

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute

Shame no one can sell their house to make the most of it
Old Oct 6th 2008, 11:26 pm
Homeward bound

The O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond repute

It's driving me a bit batty this rate thing! I've been sittin' on it for a couple of months now, but I'm going to our cash very soon I think - especially with the pressure the UK banks are under right now.

Nic

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.