Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Mount Martha, Mount Eliza, Mornington

Mount Martha, Mount Eliza, Mornington

Old Jun 7th 2007, 1:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

crocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud of
Question Mount Martha, Mount Eliza, Mornington

Hi folks,

Was wondering if any of you kindly folk could give me the heads up on any of these areas.

I cannot decide.

What are the schools like?

What are the shops like?

What are the restaurants and nite life like?

How far is to the centre of Melbourne?

How far away is the main Melbourne airport?

I value and appreciate your advice.

G'day

Crocodileseamus

Ps what does a yellow arrow pointing right mean at the start of a thread?
Old Jun 8th 2007, 9:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

wongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nice
Default Re: Mount Martha, Mount Eliza, Mornington

Mount Eliza is about 47km from Melbourne CBD. Add about 8km again for Mornington, and a few more kms for Mount Martha. There's some info on Mount Eliza on the British Expats Wiki.

Airport is on the other side of the city. It is possible to make it there from Mt Eliza in about 1 hr 20, but that is when there is not a single other car on the road.

Mount Eliza had a little commerical cntre with a fair splattering of shops including a Safeway and eateries of reasonalbe quality. So, yes, there is a small evening scene. Mornington is much more substantial with lots more eatieries, shopping two shopping centres, cinema etc.

Neil